Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
The Four Tubes (Read 43400 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: The Four Tubes
Reply #20 - 11.03.2008 at 18:08:21

Toybox wrote on 10.03.2008 at 02:32:04:
I often play without music too (but not always).

What about having a music track mostly silent, but with occasional creepy noises (doors creaking, spooky laughter, footsteps, things like that)?

That's a good idea, Toybox.... and I have thought about something similar too, in the past. But whereas I always went at it by thinking how I could add more "extra FX sounds" to the sounds that the animals, doors etc. make... I never thought about it like you did, which in fact is brilliant (and brilliantly simple), namely that it could be done via a music track...which is no music but occasional sound FX.

In the next couple of weeks, when I have a day off at my recording studio, maybe I'll try to produce such a track - for all of us to use.
« Last Edit: 11.03.2008 at 20:00:12 by aquaMat »  

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #21 - 11.03.2008 at 18:12:29

Thanks, SandyBean
for your comment. You mention an  important side effect of the music: the changing of a music ID from one room to the next always results in that terrible "delay" you mention, which can really be very awkward when Jack slides or jumps or anything other than walking and such a delay "interrupts" the jump / slide etc.

It's another big reason to set all music IDs (except the first one) to 0 !

Thanks, brell, for the quick release.

IP Logged

Jackie
Wanderer

Washington State, USA
Reply #22 - 12.03.2008 at 02:05:45

The Four Tubes is fun, aquaMat!  Thanks for your latest creation.  Jack has been down all four tubes just to look around.  Lots of colored doors.  Now to get busy finding the keys.

Jackie

Hopelessly lost but making good time.

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #23 - 12.03.2008 at 14:46:25

Loving the Four Tubes so far. Thanks! (And I never play with the music on anyway, so it's fine if there isn't any.)

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #24 - 12.03.2008 at 21:07:19

Thanks everybody, for the nice and encouraging comments !!

BTW, I invite the first player who beats this mansion with ALL secrets found to report it here..... so we can celebrate.

IP Logged

Jackie
Wanderer

Washington State, USA
Reply #25 - 18.03.2008 at 03:29:46

Life was good.  Jack was happy.  He got through the four tubes and started exploring nearby landscapes.  But he needs a Save spot real soon and the one he found is near the treasure room and doesn’t allow him to return to continue the game.  He can’t figure out how to get through the gray door in Room 13504 to get the purple key.  He pulled the red lever in the upper level and jumped back so he wouldn’t fall through the column.  It also triggered another red shelf to fall but he can’t see the significance of that.  Does anybody have hints?  We’ve been going around in circles for days.

Jackie

Hopelessly lost but making good time.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #26 - 18.03.2008 at 18:33:08

Hi Jackie,

thanks for playing The Four Tubes.

I have the strange feeling you didn't explore the area near the grey door in room 13504 properly. (That was a hint, BTW).

The upper level you mention, though important on its own, has no direct relevance to the door in question. (BTW, the "red lever" and "column" you mention are not even in the same room as the grey door.)
However, once you are up there you are on your way to the portion of room 13504 that leads to that grey door.

Please keep on trying......  and maybe don't try too much to avoid certain things that are meant to happen.  (Another cryptic advice..... Smiley Cheesy  !!)

IP Logged

nancygevans
Wanderer

California
Re: TFT > The Four Tubes
Reply #27 - 23.03.2008 at 08:23:43

I need help in the Blue tube.  I can get through the other three but come out with a green key. If I start with the blue tube I get to room 14500 but can't figure out how to get up to the lever and continue. Hints please!

Thanks and great mansion!
Nancy

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #28 - 23.03.2008 at 20:31:55

Hi Nancy,

thanks for playing The Four Tubes.

If you traveled through the tubes, with the blue one being the last, and you ended up with the tube before that and haven't been given a blue key you certainly made a mistake (= you missed something) near the end of the third tube.
The system is constructed in such a way that it always works, no matter how you start !!

As for your other question:
When you start with the blue tube you have problems in room 14500 ?
Well, the only hint I can give you is LOOK EVERYWHERE.... search more carefully.... and I'm sure you'll find out how to get to the top level in 14500.   Cool

Nobody said you need to go there first, BTW.
The great thing about The Four Tubes is that even within the sections you are pretty much free to chose where to go first and what to do next. However, sometimes there are certain things that need to be done first,  to be able to explore a certain area (within a section).
E.g.: a certain area is closed with a grey door, so naturally you'd have to go looking for a way to open that door first. (That is just an example).

If this (rather general) advice doesn't help you, please get beack with a more detailed description of the problem you have.

Have Fun !!!  Wink

IP Logged

nancygevans
Wanderer

California
Reply #29 - 24.03.2008 at 00:18:31

Well I solved the problem with getting the blue key, but I am still stuck on how to proceed in room 14500 to get to the upper lever. I have tried everything I can think of. A hint would be appreciated, and then I will feel dumb that I didn't see it! But dumb is better than stuck!

Thanks, Nancy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print