Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My crazy Jack (Read 17142 times)
sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Re: My crazy Jack
Reply #10 - 01.09.2008 at 22:30:29

Another question - initially I did not go up the vines to the red, purple, blue keys in the blue area after the ladder maze. I went around the maze again, into the blue area, up the vine to the keys, then I attempted to go to the lowest level to exit the area. I jumped on the sinking block in room 15892 before I noticed the blocks were silver. Now I'm stuck there!

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #11 - 01.09.2008 at 23:25:12

sherryl199 wrote on 01.09.2008 at 22:30:29:
Another question - initially I did not go up the vines to the red, purple, blue keys in the blue area after the ladder maze. I went around the maze again, into the blue area, up the vine to the keys, then I attempted to go to the lowest level to exit the area. I jumped on the sinking block in room 15892 before I noticed the blocks were silver. Now I'm stuck there!

It's not another question, it's the same... fixed it though and sent the update to freddy... [put a "switch to gold"-brick in the corner]
Edited:

seems to be the same questions in two different threads... josephine on the one hand and you on the other... fixed the two issues though

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #12 - 02.09.2008 at 23:27:44

Hi OTG !!!

And you are great, along with your huge and fun mansion Octopus!!!

I really enjoyed the flow, and the way my Jack was having to go from room to room and then back to the same room another way, kept me guessing how we were eventually going to get to those spots.  Very imaginative, and it was nice to have a break from the sometimes Super Difficult mansions (not mentioning any names here.... F----y!   Wink)

A couple of times my Jack was a little bored, I remember one section; doing all the ladders, jumps over lava, and few gold coins to grab, and hoping we would not have to go through that again, but otherwise, it was very well thought out, creative, and had a fantastic exploration factor.  

As we only got about 60 0dd % secrets, we will be going back in there after a bit, to find all the hidden treasures!  Roll Eyes

Keep up the great creations, and thanks for building us some Fun!

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #13 - 02.09.2008 at 23:41:20

thanx for the fine words sandybean Cheesy

I admit that the jump-over-lava-ladder-maze is perhaps a bit monotonous with few treasures and few coins, [even though at least two persons went through it twice at once and got stuck Wink] but I thought it would be nice for a mansion to contain "a little for everyone", some people like mazes... not to mention any names  [f****y] Smiley
plus I first made the normal-hard version, so this Easy is a peel-off from that one meaning it's not as good looking and perhaps not as challenging all the time [which is good since it's an Easy version Smiley]

blah blah stop talking start building! Cheesy

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #14 - 03.09.2008 at 15:02:03

SandyBean wrote on 02.09.2008 at 23:27:44:
A couple of times my Jack was a little bored... all the ladders, jumps over lava, and few gold coins to grab...

That was probably my least favorite area, Jack does get bored without lots of treasure to find!   Grin 

Olle the Greatest wrote on 02.09.2008 at 23:41:20:
blah blah stop talking start building!

OK, you guilt-tripped me into it   Wink   I've been playing with the mansion builder and have two rooms finished. It's not much, but it's my first completed rooms ever so I'm quite pleased.  And who knows, maybe there will be a whole mansion some day?

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #15 - 03.09.2008 at 15:12:27

josephine wrote on 03.09.2008 at 15:02:03:
That was probably my least favorite area, Jack does get bored without lots of treasure to find!   Grin  

but in the normal-hard version, there are more treasures, plus a few enemies... perhaps a bit less boring then... I hope Cheesy

Olle the Greatest wrote on 02.09.2008 at 23:41:20:
blah blah stop talking start building!

josephine wrote on 03.09.2008 at 15:02:03:
OK, you guilt-tripped me into it   Wink   I've been playing with the mansion builder and have two rooms finished. It's not much, but it's my first completed rooms ever so I'm quite pleased.  And who knows, maybe there will be a whole mansion some day?

it wasn't meant as request to anyone but myself, I tend to babble sometimes, being a teacher and all Cheesy but if it resulted in more mansions, great! Cheesy

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #16 - 03.09.2008 at 17:59:56

Nice mansion, and I love octopuses too Cheesy

As for the difficulty, it seemed more than 'easy' sometimes (all the more since it appeared to be steadily increasing). Loads of nice tricks though, a very pleasant mansion to walk through  Smiley

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #17 - 03.09.2008 at 21:23:44

nice work toybox! Last time I played it I had 75% secrets, 18 lives and only 48350 in gold... but on the other hand it only took me 50.40 Wink Strange one can miss the secrets placed by oneself Cheesy

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #18 - 04.09.2008 at 16:42:55

Olle the Greatest wrote on 03.09.2008 at 15:12:27:
...it wasn't meant as request to anyone but myself

After figuring out how the layers and sprites work it's really fun! One of my rooms belongs in a very scary castle Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print