Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Lost Jungle II (Read 16961 times)
Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Re: Lost Jungle II
Reply #10 - 07.02.2007 at 05:49:30

Tongue My bad, I forgot

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #11 - 07.02.2007 at 06:05:28

No problem. Don't worry.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #12 - 09.02.2007 at 03:16:14

Hi Sam! I like to place this mansion, like all your others, on the official List of Completed Mansions. But before I do that, I like to be sure that it was enough tested. I can't test ALL made custom mansions myself. So if you give me a "yes", I will launch it.

Anyway, while having a quick look at the start of
The Lost Jungle II
, I was in doubt in the second room. Maybe I was playing it very bad, but are you sure it is possible to go down the pole WITHOUT dying due to the walking skeletons? Undecided

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #13 - 09.02.2007 at 04:33:20

@Sam:
Remember the issue (error) with the missing music I reported...? Well, even though you updated in the meantime, I found another one of those:  When I enter room 17731 I get another temporary game-quit (black screen) and an error message (as before) stating a music file was missing..... !!

Guess you forgot to change the music ID in that one room ??!

Apart from that, and going along with Freddy's last remark, I also believe that there are still a frightening number of (unnecessary) deaths in the mansion.... and I mean deaths you really can't avoid, which I find a bit irritating.  The unfair part is, say a player managed to get very far in the jungle, due to his playing skills, but he has only 1 or 2 lives left...and it's still a long way until the next saving point, when suddenly he comes across one of those unnecessary death traps and maybe loses his last life, NO MATTER how good he plays....well, I'm not sure if that is really fair.

It might be okay to have one such death trap in the whoile mansion ..... but several....??!! Undecided

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Reply #14 - 09.02.2007 at 05:15:15

I'm still trying to find all of the music updates... sorry about that. as for the unneccecary deaths Ill put more saving places, and try to fix the ones I find.

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Reply #15 - 09.02.2007 at 05:31:31

I fixed some cheap deaths, added a save point, and also took out the other music mistake. Grin

Attachment removed by Freddy to avoid confusing. This mansion is now downloadable at the List of Completed Mansions.
« Last Edit: 10.02.2007 at 05:52:34 by Freddy »  

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

Spiak
Wanderer

Rochester, NY
Reply #16 - 09.02.2007 at 10:32:03

Quote:
Anyway, while having a quick look at the start of
The Lost Jungle II
, I was in doubt in the second room. Maybe I was playing it very bad, but are you sure it is possible to go down the pole WITHOUT dying due to the walking skeletons? Undecided

Freddy,

Yes, it is possible, but you have to be quick and go non-stop from the moment you enter the room until you hit the pole.

Spiak.

Spiak  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #17 - 09.02.2007 at 17:24:56

Yeah, that's right....

It took me about seven deaths until I had that one figured out, though....!!

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #18 - 09.02.2007 at 20:02:40

Thx Spiak. And once you know how to do it ... there is PLENTY of time! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print