Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
House of Wonders (Read 23658 times)
Jennerific
Lost One

Utah
House of Wonders
25.02.2007 at 15:33:36

Am I missing something? I can't find a freaking purple key to use in the room of many doors. Anyone have a hint? I found three in 16495 but used one is 16696 and 16497. I used one more but didn't write down the room. (Probably 16298) Anyhow, speaking of 16298, there is a bug when I try to go up and get the second red key. When I go up the left ladder, i can't ever get stablized in the brick wall above. Jack can get the red key on the right but, I've only been able to retrieve the left key once. All of the other times I've attempted, Jack just falls down.

*sigh* I have no life!

-Jen
« Last Edit: 31.08.2008 at 21:31:57 by brell »  

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Re: House of Wonders
Reply #1 - 25.02.2007 at 18:28:48

Together with ACO, the
House of Wonders
is one of the very hard mansions. Because they also contain a master puzzle. And in HoW that puzzle is room 16696, where the problem is, which doors will you open FIRST. That is NOT a matter of luck or trial and error. You need to get through with analysis, deduction and elimination.

To answer your 2 questions.

1° You find 3 purple keys. That is okay. You really don't need a 4th one.

2° I checked your problem in room 16298 and could NOT reproduce it. Both left and right did give me any problem. So that is odd. The ladders end at a floor where it is impossible to fall down ... Huh

IP Logged

Jennerific
Lost One

Utah
Reply #2 - 25.02.2007 at 23:11:15

Howdy!

In room 16696 I'm only able to open one set of doors with the keys I currently have. No other doors have the combination of keys to get all the way through. So, I choose the left and go into 16495. Coming back, I have two options but, I only have the proper combination to get through into 16497. If I try to go to 16695, I'm missing a yellow key to get all the way through. My problem is coming back from 16497, I don't have any combination to get me through any of the remaining doors. It seems to me I need a purple key or another blue one.

If I head through the single blue door on the bottom right, it looks like I might be able to go down a room and then make my way back up but, the down ladder is an "up" only. Am I missing something? Maybe earlier in the mansion?

I must say, I love this mansion. It keeps me thinking even if it is 3 am! lol

-Jen

PS On the red key in 16298... if I get the right one first, it seems to not want me to get the left one. I've had no problems getting the left one first and then the right. Maybe that's the problem.

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #3 - 25.02.2007 at 23:54:21

I do remember I had a lot of troubles to figure out how to solve this. but that is the beauty of the game because when one manage to solve the problem one is happy for along time and all the swear word are used!!! Grin
I don't remember how I solved it though Cry

IP Logged

Jennerific
Lost One

Utah
Reply #4 - 26.02.2007 at 02:21:12

It just seems once I get to a new piece, there is no way out. i.e. That crazy lattice ladder room. I can't get to the second platform. to go to the next room. I can get to the bottom and the third one down but, there are steel doors on the other side making it impossible to pass.

I can get to the finish, but I'm no where near 100%! Lots of ladders don't work and I'm wondering if that's supposed to be that way or just another rouse.

Grrrrr!

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #5 - 26.02.2007 at 03:00:18

Jennerific wrote on 25.02.2007 at 23:11:15:
... In room 16696 I'm only able to open one set of doors with the keys I currently have. No other doors have the combination of keys to get all the way through. So, I choose the left and go into 16495. Coming back,  ...

1° How many keys did you have, when coming back from # 16495 to # 16696?
2° After you went to # 16497 etc., how many keys did you have when you were back in # 16696?
If I know those answers maybe I can help you.

And for my own sake ... both red keys you need to approach from below. Could you do it in an other way?

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #6 - 26.02.2007 at 03:09:22

Jennerific wrote on 26.02.2007 at 02:21:12:
... I can get to the finish, but I'm no where near 100%! ...

When CarnOMyst finished HoW the first time he had ... 11 % secrets. So, nothing to worry about. And I indeed tried to make HoW in a way (which was extremely difficult to build!!) that however a player solves the master puzzle in room 16696, he/she is always possible to continue to the exit.

IP Logged

Jennerific
Lost One

Utah
Reply #7 - 26.02.2007 at 05:49:40

I've fanagled (is that a word? lol) my way through going a different way but, I have two questions. First, is the down ladder in 16697 not supposed to work either up or down? Second, the lattice-work ladder room, 17297 I think... I can get to the levels with steel doors on the other side but not to the second level where I can switch the lever. Is this correct or am I missing something?

-Jen

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #8 - 26.02.2007 at 06:11:53

I am deeply ashamed. The ladder between # 16697 and # 16897 has no function at all. Any more. It is a very awful remainder of Works in Progress 1.6.3. Really sorry about that. In an ugrade I should surely remove it.

About # 17297. Yes, you are missing something. But it is tough. I know. It is possible to reach ALL floors without leaving this room.

IP Logged

Jennerific
Lost One

Utah
Reply #9 - 26.02.2007 at 06:17:06

Ok... onward and upward. Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print