Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The Bat House (Read 26870 times)
brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
The Bat House
08.03.2007 at 01:41:41

The Bat House by Mikee is available for download. Check it out at the list of complete mansions.
« Last Edit: 31.08.2008 at 00:37:25 by brell »  

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Re: The Bat House
Reply #1 - 08.03.2007 at 04:41:19

Ooo... great mansion... beat it with afew coins missing... Btw, I couldn't find the blue key for the door in the first section! Do I get it later and go back?  Huh

Picture_2_006.png (375 KB | )
Picture_2_006.png

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #2 - 08.03.2007 at 04:42:48

Oh yeah, also made a movie on my first time.

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #3 - 08.03.2007 at 06:05:09

Ahh ... the blue doors/keys puzzle  Wink

Didn't solve it myself while testing.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #4 - 08.03.2007 at 07:12:45

What...already another Mikee mansion  ?!?!

Aaah...those young kids.... Wink

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Reply #5 - 08.03.2007 at 07:40:00

YOUNG!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley.......................

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #6 - 08.03.2007 at 20:53:44

Freddy said in the old forums:
Quote:
"Being young is good because you never know what will become of you. It's more of a compliment, so don't be angry"

Something along the lines of that... don't be  Angry!

Cool

BTW: How old are you, aquamat? Can I call you "the 'ol scallywag matt?"

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #7 - 08.03.2007 at 21:45:41

No Wingy I think I'm at the top of the AARP list. Got a half century+ in and look forward to completing the run to triple digits.

Joe B

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #8 - 08.03.2007 at 23:23:21

Anthony wrote on 08.03.2007 at 20:53:44:
Freddy said in the old forums:
Quote:
"Being young is good because you never know what will become of you. It's more of a compliment, so don't be angry"

Yeah...right !   But what I basically meant was..."Oh those young kids...with all the time in the world at their disposal...."
Something along those lines...!

Anthony wrote on 08.03.2007 at 20:53:44:
BTW: How old are you, aquamat? Can I call you "the 'ol scallywag matt?"

Call me what you will, Wingman!!
(41......  but looking 10 yrs younger !!   Grin Cheesy Grin)

"I was so much older then / I'm younger than that now"
(Bob Dylan)

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #9 - 08.03.2007 at 23:45:05

Back to our topic:

A while ago we we were talking about the "sins of the mansion builders".

As far as "The Bat Hoiuse" is concerned I might add a point which is totally subjective:

In the last weeks we saw a whole string of these "rectangular mansions" which have basically all rooms looking alike, with 3 floors in each room, and the whole point (I don't even dare calling it a puzzle) is running back and forth from one corner to the opposite corner in every room, pulling levers and opening doors. Usually the lever for the door in - say - the lower right corner, is in the upper left corner etc. ...so you have to keep walking and walking back and forth....and that's basically all that is happening in those mansions.

It's just my (very) personal view....and it's probably "web-political uncorrect" to say so, but: I  don't like that.
I think it's rather boring....sometimes even to a point where one of those mansions (I'm not naming names...and it's not the Bat House, even if that belongs to that category) looks strikingly similar to a previous one in the same vein.

And I know those mansions are probably meant for beginners..... but in the BAT HOUSE I was so much running on auto-pilot that when I came to the only spot that was a bit more challenging -  the zapper beams in rooms 17103 / 17104 (which are much harder than the rest of the House) - I lost about 10 of my amassed lives .....!!   Huh

So I just throw that on the table..... open for discussion:

While one mansion in that style every now and then is great.....  I could imagine even beginners getting bored by a whole series of those !!

As I said..... just my personal view.

(BTW: I experienced a strange bug while playing Bat House: every time I opened the map, all rooms in the map appeared twice (next to each other), and sometimes whole floors appeared twice (on top of each other). Now what is that ???)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print