Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Easy jumping.. (Read 6258 times)
Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Easy jumping..
04.04.2007 at 00:43:10

In the Easy mode can one with the options adjust more highly to branch in the Easy mode. Now did I want to know whether this also go for created Mansion?

crisscross24  
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Re: Easy jumping..
Reply #1 - 04.04.2007 at 01:14:53

HUH??

Do you mean does Easy mode apply to custom mansions?
I'm confused.......

Joe B

IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #2 - 04.04.2007 at 04:17:01

If I'm reading right, then no, easy jumping mode cannot be used with custom mansions.

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #3 - 04.04.2007 at 04:33:48

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused.

Although speaking of jumping was it you who was having the problem jumping over the crab-bots? I never noticed it before but there is a VERY similar issue with jumping over skull spiders that aren't moving. Try it and let me know if you see the same thing. In Dominator I kept trying to make the crab-bots smaller but I could never get them to a size where you could easily jump over a stationary one unless it was lower than the level Jack is on. I'm also seeing the same issue with the skull spiders which the sprite I used to do the crab-bots.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour or is it documented somewhere?

Thanks,

Joe B

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #4 - 04.04.2007 at 04:41:04

ryos wrote on 04.04.2007 at 04:17:01:
If I'm reading right, then no, easy jumping mode cannot be used with custom mansions.

I would like to know it gladly times of vern !

crisscross24  
IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #5 - 04.04.2007 at 04:43:15

Huh. I don't have time to try it now, but are you saying that stationary spiders can't be jumped no matter how small you make them? How does the game do hit detection? Does it use the sprite graphic to determine the hit zone, or does it store a hit rectangle for each sprite? If the latter, then it wouldn't matter how small you made the graphic, since the hit rectangle would still be too big to clear if the spider is not moving.

I had wondered why you both made the bot smaller and got rid of all stationary crabbots. I liked the big crabbot better, although the smaller version does look more like the spider it replaces.

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #6 - 04.04.2007 at 14:17:31

I remember those d-n crab-bots Angry. I think it got somewhat easier when you shrinked them. But I think they also were partly hidden witch made the jump evenmore difficult.

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #7 - 04.04.2007 at 21:33:11

I'm going to look at it again today but I'm pretty sure that no matter how small you make the graphic the hit rectangle for the skull spiders is VERY difficult to get over/around unless they're moving. The point hit home when I was doing HS and I was using stationery skull spiders there as well and having difficulty in testing which is why you see height differences where ever they're not moving in HS. Funny I forgot to mention it until this thread.

Joe B

ps Rose, the little guys liked you too!
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #8 - 04.04.2007 at 21:39:06

YUP. I just tried it again. It is darn near impossible (I know I haven't been able to do it) to jump over a stationary skull spider when you're on the same level (height level, not layer level). Try it! I'd be real curious if anyone can do it.

Thanks,

Joe B

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #9 - 05.04.2007 at 02:12:21

Good would be nevertheless, if one can branch with its own Mansion more highly. But I found a trick out now. One must open first a Mansion in the Easy mode (an original Mansion) And then one goes on toilet. Afterwards start a built Mansion and voilà you can more highly branch in the Mansion. Thus with me that is case of up each like that!

Cool

But unfortunately it does not function always, all the same. But if one can branch more highly into the Mansion it made makes it equivalent twice as fun!   Wink Wink Wink

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print