Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Wingy's computer broken! (Read 29154 times)
Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Wingy's computer broken!
04.04.2007 at 07:57:07

This is totally NO FAIR!! I was on my computer, and then, it crashed. Then I started it up again, and it wouldn't go! After talking to my geekish brother on MSN on my brother's computer. He told me to try to repair my computer by holding down Command + S while starting up. I got to a terminal screen, typed FSCK -F (The code for repair computer) and it said error, ect. Then I started up my computer with OS 10.4 upgrade DVD! I tried restoring my computer with my dad's 500 GB hard drive but it didn't work!! After 12 hours of trying everything possible, I gave up. I HAD to re inisilize my Hard Drive. (Meaning everything on it GONE.) That means Ted gone, Castle Basano, my other mansions, some other games, and lots of Apps, and especially, my MM serial number!!! Doesn't mean I'm not going into the contest though, I'll rebuild. With a new Castle Basano! (If I can get my hands on my serial number, I think its kicking around in my e-mail, or not!)

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Re: Wingy's computer broken!
Reply #1 - 04.04.2007 at 09:10:45

Could you not have booted it in target disk mode and saved your data that way?

That really sucks, man. Really! That reminds me--I'm overdue for a backup...

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #2 - 04.04.2007 at 10:34:19

YEOOOWWWWWWWW.

been there, done that. That's why I have a noisy helical scan tape backup hooked to my home server. If it's important a folder action copies it over and it gets backed up every night. Tough break but like ryos said, how come you didn't start up from the DVD/CD? You might have been able to save something. When you had it started with the 10.4 disk. I think you can also run disk utilities from it too.

Joe B

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #3 - 04.04.2007 at 14:12:55

So sorry to hear this Wingy!
I have been there too. Hopefully yuo'll have a Happy Easter anyway!

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #4 - 04.04.2007 at 19:39:04

Wingy, that really is bad news. Good luck with rebuilding.
Cry Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #5 - 05.04.2007 at 02:00:37

Semi-Native wrote on 04.04.2007 at 19:39:04:
Wingy, that really is bad news. Good luck with rebuilding.
Cry Cry Cry Cry

Wingy, we all require to you all good in the new Castle Basano. This time you it to make certainly still much much better
Wink Smiley

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #6 - 05.04.2007 at 06:08:18

Guess what I found! A backup of Ted only a week old!!! Smiley I did use utilitys from 10.4 DVD and it wouldn't do anything. I did everything, I had no choice other then waiting afew weeks for it to get repaired! But I thought, and I relized by that time I could have rebuilt.

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #7 - 05.04.2007 at 18:25:16

Poor Wingy....
But that was the first thing on my mind, when I read your initial post.... doesn't he do back-ups ???

So obviously you found one....good news !!  Wink Smiley

After I had one terrible crash mid-work on my studio computer (many years ago) with several hundred audio-files lost (= several days of recording & editing work), which happened at a point in time, where I had happened to have made no back-up for a couple of days (which even then was rarely the case)....well, after that incident I have established a routine of backing-up on a very regular basis, including incremental savings of the project and double back-ups of the audio-files.

It's a dirty job....but you should go the extra mile...it's well worth it (as you can see in this case) !!

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #8 - 06.04.2007 at 04:48:30

Hmmm... I can't start my computer up with any CD other then the 10.4 DVD! Is it because my disk is mounted according to Disk Utility on 10.4 DVD? I can't unmount it! The botton wont do anything!  Shocked

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #9 - 07.04.2007 at 05:35:30

You know, I'm a young dude and as far as I know, I'm not that good at restoring broken hard drives! So what if I replaced a hard drive before from opening up my computer, unscrewing, ect... but this is different... why won't my computer start up with a 10.1 CD? Why does it only start up with the 10.4 DVD???  Undecided  Cry Help!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print