Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Custom Icons (Read 4924 times)
Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Custom Icons
21.04.2007 at 00:31:18

I just spent most of my day messing with custom icons from various sites, mainly http://www.fasticon.com/ and www.apple.com and various sites that I ended up at by googling, "Free Icons for Mac OS X." I used CandyBar for chancing my icons, and Folder Icon X for editing them. (I edited alot)  Cool Here's a picture of what my desktop looks like now.

I edited Photoshop, AppleWorks, and Color it is the app down there that has a normal toon app icon. (I didn't like the OS 9 one much, so I did abit of art) BTW: The app. icon I made by putting together an application sybol and file icon.

Took me awhile to figure it out how to do this, so don't think it's easy to do. Read the tutorials and read-mes that come with the two apps. I used. Also took me awhile to find the apps! Sadly, Folder Icon X is for sale for $10 so an annoying "unregistered" sign will come up with the icon that you made or making. Candy machine is free, for awhile, that is. After it asks you your password 25 times, you can't do anything with it anymore. I have I think 1 more use left!  Roll Eyes

The toon icons kinda fit my personally... so that's why I put them on! At the http://www.fasticon.com/ click "downloads for the free icons. The rest are $99-$300 I think.  Undecided

If you want to do this, and managed to get a code or two for the apps, I can help you out! This is really cool!  Cheesy

BTW: Do you know how I did the games to have their icon of the game on the folder icon? I put the folder icon in Folder Icon X on the back layer. (One that surrounds the whole box) and I put the cool icon from the game on the 2nd layer, (you can only have 2, I think) and then selected in the menu, "Apply on folder..." and you will then target what folder, which I used the game's folder. Pretty cool eh? You can delete the 2nd layer if you didn't merge the icon and put another one on, and target anther folder.
Enjoy!
Cheers,
Wingy

P.S. Show me your finder once you did it to yours if you did!  Smiley

coolicons.png (244 KB | )
coolicons.png

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Re: Custom Icons
Reply #1 - 21.04.2007 at 01:23:03

Geez, Wingy, with all that cool work you did on the icons (and it does look very nice), can't you come up with a more imaginative name for your computer than Macintosh HD?

Wink

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #2 - 21.04.2007 at 04:19:24

Nah, my old computer's name was Macintosh HD, so I'll keep to that.

Hey, just relized, anyone who wants icons like mine can use CandyBar (Google it to get it) to get the icon! It's easy! Get this attachment, double-click it, it will open CandyBar and click the big-flashing-blue button, type your password, and then wait for it to load, restart your computer, and bam! You got it! To get it back to normal, click the restore button beside the big-blue-flashing button. (The big blue flashing one says apply or something)

The app. comes with 2 other icon sets that you can use!  Shocked
It's wicked! I love it. Maybe I'll register... you only get 25, and I think I spent them all!

BTW: You can edit the icons manully by selecting your icon, Command + I, click the icon on the top of the info window, copy it, (Command + C) and Command + I the one you want to have the icon, and click the icon, paste it, (Command + V) and then you have it! To get it back to normal, info it, (Command + I) and delete the icon with the delete button and then you got your icon back.

toon_icon_set.zip (1253 KB | )

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #3 - 24.04.2007 at 03:42:49

Hey Wingy,

Do we want to play together times again aoe2 in the gameranger? Cheesy

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #4 - 24.04.2007 at 03:44:36

Hmmm... I must go to a concert I'm singing in right now, (I got a great voice) maybe later. You know, you could of PMed and not go abit off-topic on this off-topic topic! Tongue Maybe in acouple of hours, I'll be on GR.  Smiley

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #5 - 24.04.2007 at 03:48:23

ok. Have you me on the buddy list?? say now not no!!!!    Cry     ...   Wink

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #6 - 22.07.2008 at 10:24:48

Bump

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print