Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Forum silent !?! (Read 6440 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Forum silent !?!
16.05.2007 at 17:03:07

I can't help feeling it's the "fault" of the contest in general and the mailing list in particular that the boards are so silent at the moment.

For a while it seemed as if all "talking activity" was relocated to the mailing list....  but what's funny: now the mailing list is pretty silent too !!

Is everybody so entangled in building their contest mansions or playing around with the new XP features ?    Roll Eyes Shocked Undecided

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Re: Forum silent !?!
Reply #1 - 16.05.2007 at 17:29:11

Shocked I have been thinking quite the same this morning, almost
word for word! But real life is getting quite hectic
for the moment, as actually pretty much every year around May.

Yeah, well, in substance anyway.
Though not in the way I would have wished Undecided

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #2 - 16.05.2007 at 19:01:42

I've been thinking that for a while now. I'm looking forward to the new mansions as a result of the contest, but I really miss having new mansions to play now. And yeah, I know I'm guilty of not building any. I've started a couple times, but haven't had any inspiration. Real life gets in the way.

aquaMat, what do you mean by the mailing list? What is that?

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #3 - 16.05.2007 at 21:21:43

What really had me disturbed is that I've been starting on the new design of the board and that maybe I had accidently brought the board down, although it still worked for me. Actually I've had MORE time lately thanks to a huge reorganization at my work which was eating up a lot of my spare time. I normally do an 8 or 9 hour day but with all the meetings across the country and the time differences it's been more like 14 or 16 hours.
Glad to see that you're all still there. What aquaMat is referring to is the contest mailing list which has also been uncharacteristically quiet. Even Wingy and Mikee have been silent ( Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes), no forum ping pong. Indeed it might be the contest and I've gotten and seen a couple of posts about designer block. For those on the mailing list (in the contest) I'm about to release Ghosthunter strictly to the mailing list as it's an XP mansion and only those in the contest will have the ability to play it (hint, hint, hint....get in the contest) it's an 86 "room" mansion although 2/3 of it takes place outside in rain, snow, and on ice wandering thru little homes. There are a TON of custom graphics and a lot of XP stuff as well.
Around the release of the REAL XP I'll be releasing the sequel to Ghosthunter, Search for Jack which would have been my contest mansion. The entire layout is finished and about half of the 80 rooms are done. With the exception of Jill the character who replaces Jack and 2 graphics that will only be used in 2 rooms, the entire mansion is done with XP graphics.
And lastly is our monster size mansion thats at about 450 rooms right now and is the final episode in the GH series and will be called something like Escape from Ghost Mountain. Matt has about half of those rooms on paper and with school just about over will have a lot more time to work on it.
Well good luck to all the contestants out there and as I've mentioned I am available as a resource for you building questions and now have quite a bit of experience with XP so can help out there too. See you all on the board or the mailing list.

Joe B

ps check out the posts in Layout of the boards. I now have 5 different color schemes up for comment.

jb

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #4 - 16.05.2007 at 21:27:24

Whoops, almost forgot.....

We finished our section of the Catacombs and sent it over to Freddy on Saturday. It's 15 rooms and as with most M&J stuff is a mix of inside/outside. So there'll be a little new stuff to play.

Joe B

IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Reply #5 - 17.05.2007 at 05:26:11

I have been buisy buildin' my contest mansion and finals are coming up... I'm pretty buisy...

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #6 - 17.05.2007 at 06:36:38

I haven't been posting simply because I've had nothing to say. I hit builder's block with House of Coine and that delayed it's completion significantly. However, I'm past that and the mansion is really almost done (for reals this time!).

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #7 - 17.05.2007 at 22:34:32

My "buiulder's block" (that kept me from finishing TheMansionFamily2) vanished once I got seriously started with the XP contest mansion.... as I had anticipated all those new features trigger new creativity.

The downside: now I can't imagine going back (to 1.0.8. standard mode) and finishing The Mansion Family 2 as it was planned.....
Angry Cry

IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #8 - 18.05.2007 at 04:03:02

aquaMat wrote on 17.05.2007 at 22:34:32:
My "buiulder's block" (that kept me from finishing TheMansionFamily2) vanished once I got seriously started with the XP contest mansion.... as I had anticipated all those new features trigger new creativity.

The downside: now I can't imagine going back (to 1.0.8. standard mode) and finishing The Mansion Family 2 as it was planned.....
Angry Cry

Which is precisely why I haven't even touched the XP yet, and won't until HoC is done.

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #9 - 23.05.2007 at 23:31:21

Very wise decision, ryos.....     Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print