Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Curious Observatory questions (Read 7905 times)
rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
A Curious Observatory questions
27.05.2007 at 23:23:14

Hi!
I am trying to play A Curious Observatory from the beginning. Never quite finished it when I played it before.
My questions are
#1 where do I get the red key for the room 30901
#2 where is a third green key in this top part of the mansion? If Jack uses the 2 he has in room 29903 he can't pass a green door in room 30704
Or is Jack supposed to come back later?
« Last Edit: 31.08.2008 at 00:43:07 by brell »  

IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Re: A Curious Observatory questions
Reply #1 - 28.05.2007 at 03:26:58

rose wrote on 27.05.2007 at 23:23:14:
#1 where do I get the red key for the room 30901

It depends on which door you opened with the first multi-colored key. If you opened the red door first, you should be left with an extra red key by the time you get here.

Quote:
#2 where is a third green key in this top part of the mansion? If Jack uses the 2 he has in room 29903 he can't pass a green door in room 30704

If you can already get in and out of the top part of the mansion, you don't need to open the green door in room 30704.

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #2 - 29.05.2007 at 00:23:39

Thanks!
I'll try the red door first and see what happens. I usually opened the yellow or green door first.

IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #3 - 29.05.2007 at 03:14:23

I should tell you, there is no wrong door for that first key. No matter which door you open first, you can get to the end of the mansion and collect all the treasure. But no matter what you do, you'll miss a few rooms along the way. Actually, I suppose it's possible to see every room on a single play-through, but it would require a lot of work, and the mansion isn't really designed to let you do that.

IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #4 - 29.05.2007 at 04:29:43

Yeah, I always open the red door first (on the many times I've started, never to finish Sad). As far as I can see, it's the only door that lets you visit every part of the first part of the mansion. And I don't think it takes that much work...YMMV.

You can also go haring off to the bottom right, but I've never managed to get very far going that way.

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #5 - 29.05.2007 at 05:18:52

No, you should be able to see every room in the first part of the mansion no matter which door you open first. It's only in the later parts of the mansion that the path actually splits. Depending on what you're calling the first part of the mansion, of course. I'm calling it everything before the first save point.

IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #6 - 29.05.2007 at 13:05:42

Is the first save point on the roof? It's been a while...I think so. If so, then yeah, we're on the same page.

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #7 - 30.05.2007 at 01:19:49

That is where it is. Okay then. The intention was that you could see the entire first part of the mansion no matter which door you open first, and I'm pretty sure that's how it actually works. But it's been a while. There may be a room or two that you can't get to until later if you start with particular doors.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print