Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Tim's mansion! (Read 23044 times)
Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Tim's mansion!
30.09.2007 at 03:43:09

My little brother, Tim, loves midnight mansion. So... he made a mansion! I helped a bit here and there with timing and recommended a few things... but anyways. He's only 5 years old, and the game was originally bought for him as a birthday present, but I liked it too... so my parents bought it for both of us! Anyways...

It's about 20-30 rooms, kind nice, IMO. Enjoy.

tims_mansion.zip (156 KB | )

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Re: Tim's mansion!
Reply #1 - 30.09.2007 at 04:04:53

There's a few easy deaths here and there but it's good! I see his creativity is in his work as well...
...and no, I do not have cake on my head*  Cheesy Tongue

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #2 - 30.09.2007 at 05:08:43

In some of the situations you gotta use up some sheilds to not waist Jacks. Also, the sign says Jackpot >>>> its actually <<<<... and he made an estimate of how much money is in the mansion, so he said "get $50,000! when there's some rooms filled with money that slows your computer down a lot... so you'll probably have over 999,999 and the score resets and goes back to 0, and you'll end up with like 132,000 on the 2nd session of money score.

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
IP Logged

Nick
Wanderer

Reply #3 - 30.09.2007 at 06:07:17

That's a good mansion for someone who's five years old.  Grin

Test your skills and Jacks skills, play Testing Mansion8-)

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #4 - 30.09.2007 at 06:13:21

Oh yeah, Quick note. Tim loved that tombstone background, so I put it in the mansion for him.

Now nick can feel like people are liking his tombstone picture more!

IP Logged

Nick
Wanderer

Reply #5 - 30.09.2007 at 08:54:52

Thanks, Tim and Wingy.  Smiley

Test your skills and Jacks skills, play Testing Mansion8-)

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #6 - 30.09.2007 at 17:35:52

Well..... what shall I say ?

Wingy, your brother is five and I guess it shows. Althoiugh his age excuses some of the insane things happening in this mansion (like putting 12 billion of money bags in one room, or cramming all sorts of unfitting design elements together in a room etc.), but I think you should have edited a little better before uploading it here.

There are a lot of faults and design mistakes, like floors leading into nowhere (= deathly falls), unaligned rooms, wrongly inserted doors etc.   Sad    Angry

Not to speak of those rooms where you have to pick up three times as many keys & shields as you have "pockets" to stuff 'em in.
Sometimes it looks as if your brother just grabbed all sprites he could think of and trash them onto the room, like an action painter throws oil paint at an innocent canvas. (But that's what kids like, isn't it ?  Wink)

Just fix it a little and then, yes, I'd say: not bad for a five year old.....

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #7 - 01.10.2007 at 01:54:45

Smiley
It is wonderful to have a 5 year old mansionbuilder among us. Congratulations Tim.

I have no problem with ANY mansion on THIS board, aquaMat. That is why we, admins, made it is for. Try-outs, experiments, stuff from beginning mansioneers, ... whisky bars. Smiley But if you have constructive notes that may strengthen
Tim's Mansion
you can always pass them through to Tim and Wingy. Then they will surely make an udate! Wink

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #8 - 01.10.2007 at 03:27:30

Hi Young Tim and Wingy, Roll Eyes Grin

I was thoroughly delighted with your mansion, lots of colors and interesting things to do, and I especially enjoyed that Jack could pick which exit door he pleased from at least three rooms that I found!  I played it thru four times just so I could try different exits!

I didn't really mind that Jack fell off a room's edge here or there, since he had like 54 lives!  What's one life, to get a bit of experience to jump next time.  

You may want to check the direction arrows on the BBB in the very first room, as both of them point right.  

I do hope you continue to make mansions, you are a very talented, imaginative young man, and with the help of your older brother, I am sure more great things are coming!

Sandybean Smiley

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #9 - 01.10.2007 at 05:33:24

I'll talk to him sometime to edit it... anyways... and I did relize that it said >>> for jackpot when its <<<...

If you're talking to Tim, Sandybean, you shouldn't address it with Tim and Wingy... just Tim! He made it!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print