Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
music problem... (Read 8831 times)
Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
music problem...
06.01.2008 at 09:12:39

Yeah, i have a music problem  Sad

I would to make that in that music folder of MM, but when I have made this and write the right number at the music and at the mansion, i hear not from the music. I don't know but it's a midi File. I had to try this in a mp3 file but i can't hear the music. And now what i must make?  Undecided

crisscross24  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: music problem...
Reply #1 - 06.01.2008 at 17:52:39

Mikee,

MM can't handle MIDI files.
You must put an AUDIO file (in mp3 format) into the Game Data > Music folder, assigned with the correct number and then everything will work just fine.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #2 - 06.01.2008 at 23:22:05

Sad yeah aqua that i know! But I would that music make in the mansion but i can't its an midi File? I have asked and now what i must do to i can make this music in the mansion???

crisscross24  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #3 - 07.01.2008 at 21:09:01

I'm not sure I understand correctly what you're asking ?!
Could you maybe repeat the question in German ?

If you're asking how you could use the music even if it is a MIDI file, well, that is possible but I wouldn't recommend it.

What you need to do:

1. You need a MIDI-capable synthesizer (either as hardware or as a software synth application within your computer).
2. You'll have that synthesizer play the MIDI file in question and
3. Record the output as an audio file.
4. The resulting audio file will most probably be in AIFF format, Stereo, 16 bit / 44,1 kHz...  which means you have to...
5. Convert the AIFF audio into the mp3 format, using a good converter application such as Audacity etc.

You see it's not that easy and I'm pretty sure it is not worth all the hassle, since most MIDI files sound really poor, as long as you do not use a high class synthesizer with good sounds.

Why don't you use a music file that is already in mp3 format (and to which you have the rights, of course) ??

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #4 - 09.01.2008 at 23:39:52

yeah, aqua i send you a PM for this of german...  Smiley

crisscross24  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #5 - 10.01.2008 at 20:28:16

Mikee,

the question you sent me in German is indeed what I suspected it to be....so the answer is already above.

DE:  Die Antwort steht schon in obigem Post von mir (in Englisch). Wenn Du willst, kann ich sie dir aber nochmal in Deutsch via PM senden !?

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #6 - 11.01.2008 at 01:01:10

hmmm... I know aqua that Midi File not go in MM but how I can make that to a mp.3 File??? Angry

crisscross24  
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #7 - 11.01.2008 at 17:57:44

Mikee,

das habe ich doch oben schon beschrieben !!!

Ich werde es Dir aber nochmal via PM in deutsch senden.

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #8 - 12.01.2008 at 23:49:14

Ahh aqua  Wink Smiley

It's now all okay! I have make the sound now... on GarageBand. I have buy today iLife. iPhoto, iWeb, iDVD, iMovie and GarageBand. Yeah a nice CD  Wink

But the iMovie is doesn't work on my computer i have already an G4. But my dad have G5...  Cool

Mavbe i buy next time an mac mini or so...  Smiley

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print