Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
THE WARRIOR, my first mansion... (Read 12173 times)
Surcouf
Wanderer

Near Paris, FRANCE
THE WARRIOR, my first mansion...
11.01.2008 at 02:33:03

Well, my first mansion, so be indulgent Undecided

I tried to release something original, just afraid the moves are in such narrow spaces. Any comment?
I try to persevere, as I do with my English...

Edit:  The mansion is now officially released at the custom mansions lists and therefore I have deleted the zipfile from here.
brell
« Last Edit: 16.09.2008 at 02:32:58 by brell »  

I do not wish to add a signature to my messages!..

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Re: THE WARRIOR, my first mansion...
Reply #1 - 11.01.2008 at 08:01:43

Dear Surcouf !!!

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC
 Grin Grin Grin

I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon treat playing your new mansion.  It was not cramped at all, and when I got the second map and saw why it was formatted in such a manner, I was thrilled!!!  What ingenuity and creativity.  

It did however take me 7 restarts before getting to the first save point, but I enjoyed each one, and found a little bonus for my work!

I would definitely rate this as a med to hard mansion, and IMHO I would most Certainly put it in
Custom Mansions
, not in FU&D.  It is most surely a wonderful, and well tested mansion, I found no real glitches, except room #16915 where my Jack found it impossible to jump from the silver tile to the second gold tile, so he simply made a long jump from the silver tile to the layer on the left.  No Problem!

I am really looking forward to seeing more of your mansions, Surcouf, and thank you for this wonderful work!  

Sincerely,

SandyBean Smiley

PS: Your English and your mansion are just fine!!!

Picture_1_019.png (353 KB | )
Picture_1_019.png

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #2 - 11.01.2008 at 19:37:30

I'm also enjoying this mansion. I think the design is great and very creative when you look at the map. It's challenging, though, and I'm still working on getting to the first save point.

Thanks!
Cool

IP Logged

Surcouf
Wanderer

Near Paris, FRANCE
Reply #3 - 11.01.2008 at 19:52:01

Hi SandyBean,
Thank you for your nice post, I am really proud to have been tested by you for the first time. I did take care of your comment and after reading you I added some changes on my Warrior, especially in that room #16915. I want ABSOLUTELY testers use those 4 G/S bricks! Grin
And I realized I did'nt write the number of secrets in Mansion options... So here is my new one, WARRIOR 1.1, modified, with some more secrets.
Thanx again.

PS What means IMHO?? Shocked

S.

File deleted since The Warrior is now at the CM's by brell
« Last Edit: 12.01.2008 at 05:09:22 by brell »  

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #4 - 11.01.2008 at 20:20:14

Dear Surcouf,

first of all - welcome to our boards and as a new designer !

I second Sandy's opinion that THE WARRIOR is not only a brilliant first mansion, but warrants an inclusion in our list of "officially released" custom mansions.

It's one of the most innovative and well-designed first mansions I've ever seen and especially the layout of the rooms to a greater shape - once it has dawned on you - is very good indeed.

There are no design flaws, except one minor issue of a potential Jack-stuck in room # 17115, where - if you arrive in front of the blue (semi-)door without a blue key (as I did during my first try) you can get stuck between the door and a bit of brick with not even suicide left as an option.

This need to get fixed, and then I wholeheartedly recommend THE WARRIOR's inclusion in our official list !

Can't wait to see more mansions from you.....

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #5 - 11.01.2008 at 20:33:01

Ooooh, a new mansion! The weekend is saved! Cheesy

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #6 - 11.01.2008 at 22:10:37

Surcouf, if you want your mansion to be added to the custom mansion list you need to send it to Freddy or me.  I think it is a good mansion, a bit hard perhaps but that is ok.  There is a hidden big spider, though, early in the mansion, which can be regarded as a cheap death.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Surcouf
Wanderer

Near Paris, FRANCE
Re: THE WARRIOR 1.2
Reply #7 - 11.01.2008 at 22:21:24

welcome to our boards and as a new designer !

Thank U AquaMat!

There are no design flaws, except one minor issue of a potential Jack-stuck in room # 17115

Oooops! True! Shocked
This has been fixed, now!

I wholeheartedly recommend THE WARRIOR's inclusion in our official list !

I can't hope so!!!
So here is the new release, THE WARRIOR 1.2, and BTW how can I destroy the previous releases from the board?
Thank U again.
S.

And file deleted again  Grin
« Last Edit: 12.01.2008 at 05:10:02 by brell »  

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #8 - 12.01.2008 at 00:18:47

Hi Surcouf,

IMHO means 'In my humble Opinion', sorry, I should not use abbreviations when we are working in two languages!!!

Also, as to erasing your previous releases, you can try logging in and going to your posts and modifying them, if this fails, I am sure one of the Administrators will be able to delete them.

Looking forward to the new stuff in 1.2,  Smiley

thanks again,

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #9 - 12.01.2008 at 01:33:49

Here's a very useful little site for all those annoying acronyms:

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

Or, should I say: FYI, there is a very useful little site...  Smiley