Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Help with the Void (Read 11578 times)
dlcatftwin
Wanderer

Help with the Void
02.03.2008 at 12:18:28

Greetings,
Long time but I'm ba-a-a-ck! I enjoy the Void! -Kudos to the author!
I have a couple of questions:
1) Rm. 14698 - some discussion on that switch that's in the middle of the lava, but I still don't get it - how do you walk on lava?; for that matter, how do you get to the other side (enter from the left) of the lava bed (if you're supposed to start from there)?

2) Rm. 14105 - near the end! above the red tower: thanks to the map provided in this room, I see that there's a surprise room above (where all the treasure is), but I'll be darned if I know how to get ther - I've tried everything in this and the adjoining room. Help!

Thanks much, and keep up the good work, you authors!
-DLC

dlcattayloru dlcatftwin  
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Re: Help with the Void
Reply #1 - 02.03.2008 at 23:08:07

And there is a potential Jack-Stuck in that room (try to find his feet in the picture!). Maybe you should fix it if you release a new version: I don't think it would require a special amendment on its own though.

Expert_JS.jpg (116 KB | )
Expert_JS.jpg

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #2 - 03.03.2008 at 01:53:33

@ dlcatftwin:

First to your question..... BTW, how do your pronounce your "name" ??...

Room 14698:

"Walking on lava" is a novel gimmick....and in fact is not really possible (=not for long distances) but it is - with a little skill & care - possible for as long as it takes to pull the lever (due to how I constructed this area):

0f course you have to walk from the right (so ignore what's left of the lava).... you have to basically tiptoe over the lava and after every step try if you can already pull the lever (which you should do as soon as possible).
Once you have pulled the lever you need to immediately JUMP back onto safe ground. Walking back is not possible !!

Please try again.....with a little practice you will manage it.

Room 14105:
Please see the discussion in this thread: http://www.actionsoft.com/forums/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1201883684/30#30

If the hints given there shouldn't help you, please get back in touch !

Thanks for playing The Void !!

@ Toybox:

Sorry....but I didn't find his feet !!   Embarrassed   Cool

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #3 - 03.03.2008 at 02:52:47

On the top right corner  Wink

I sort of tripped and fell from the room above.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #4 - 03.03.2008 at 06:33:16

Oooh whaat !!?!

That surprises me immensely.... 'cause I remember having had an eye on this spot during testing: I was aware that the wall didn't get up 'til the ceiling and wanted to know whether that could cause problems, but never managed to end there alive (by jumping from various positions above).... so I decided to leave it in (with an added hidden wall in the room directly above it that prevented the only possible (survivable) fall).

So do you happen to remember from where exactly you "fell" there ??  'Cause it can't be the room directly above it....  Undecided

PS:  If possible I will fix it in the next UD, as you suggested....it won't happen too often, I guess.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #5 - 03.03.2008 at 06:55:05

One important correction:

Apparently there was a little confusion (on my part) what version is on the "official list" and/or what version you probably played, Toybox.

You see, when The Void was first released, I had sent version 1.0.1 to brell immediately after version 1.0 was already released (brell was too fast for me  Wink ).... so we decided we put up version 1.0.1 without much fanfare.....  (as version 1.0 was out there for only 30 mins or so).

To make matters more complicated, I had made 2 or 3 other minor changes, including the "security wall" mentioned above, a few hours later.....but later I always had the impression the version out there would already have these changes.

Only after your comment (and after I had checked my copy of The Void, where the fall was not possible) did I go to the list myself and downloaded The Void again to see what everyone was playing. It's a version dated Feb. 10; 17:28 h...... and (sorry to report) it does NOT have said security wall.

Sorry about that.....

The good thing about it, the update is already finished for a long time and I have sent it to brell already. It does also feature a lfew other changes, mostly cosmetic though.

Thanks for telling me, Toybox !!

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #6 - 04.03.2008 at 02:07:52

You're most welcome.

And it really felt like Jack tripped - you end up on the ground but can't remember how the deuce you actually did that. Well, if it's fixed it's even better.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #7 - 04.03.2008 at 07:06:48

As you ight have seen in the other thread, The Void has now been updated  (to what I called Version 1.0.4 !

Brell was again super-fast. Thx to him, BTW.

IP Logged

dlcatftwin
Wanderer

Reply #8 - 09.03.2008 at 00:35:52

Greetings again! -

Toybox sagely informed:

"Room 14105:
Please see the discussion in this thread: http://www.actionsoft.com/forums/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1201883684/30#30

If the hints given there shouldn't help you, please get back in touch !"

Thank you for the post Toybox.
I do believe the link you provided (and the subsequent discussion) was not geraine to my question, as it refers to the room BELOW the one I had trouble with. I am referring to room 14105, which is above the room that others had trouble with (sort of the second story of the red tower). I am right below the treasure room, and I don't know how to get in!
Many thanks for your help, responses, and great castle!
DLC

dlcattayloru dlcatftwin  
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #9 - 09.03.2008 at 01:52:15

It was aquaMat actually.

I, um, never noticed the room above  Embarrassed Never look at maps  Embarrassed Embarrassed Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print