Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Saving Last Play Thru Door (Read 10602 times)
Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Saving Last Play Thru Door
09.08.2008 at 20:56:58

Hello,

Just a suggestion:  It would be nice if there was a save after you walk thru the last door, with a record of your total secrets & monies......yes?  no? 

This last door save would remind you of what your score was so that you can go back and search for more monies and secrets.  The way it is now, there is no record to remind you of your score.

Missy

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Re: Saving Last Play Thru Door
Reply #1 - 09.08.2008 at 21:13:25

Yes, i would love that!

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #2 - 10.08.2008 at 10:42:01

or at least a [local] high score list for the custom mansions, for all users on that computer or something. It feels a bit strange to have a save *after* finding the exit... or perhaps that's just me Smiley

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #3 - 10.08.2008 at 11:12:43

[quote  It feels a bit strange to have a save *after* finding the exit... or perhaps that's just me Smiley [/quote]

Hi, 

Having a high score list, where would it be?  For all to see or private?  
For all to see, I'm not happy with that.  
A private list......hummmmm ok. With an over-ride feature and delete capabilities.
And it should be for ALL THE MANSIONS, MM & CM. 
It makes more sense to have some sort of record of the end result......as there is none.  That way a person knows which mansions still need exploring.  yes? no?

Missy

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #4 - 11.08.2008 at 17:27:08

a private high score list, of course Smiley But just to keep track, as you say. As it is now, I have to take a snapshot and keep a list myself, especially since we're two players here and one wants to know who's really the greatest Smiley

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #5 - 11.08.2008 at 21:25:31

Hi Olie,

Well, perhaps someone should draw the " Private Score List" to Vern's attention as he is working on forum changes as we speak.  As you can see above the forum page.   Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #6 - 12.08.2008 at 01:27:33

Vern is NOT working on any forum changes.  It is propably NOT possible to include a high score list for custom mansions in the MM game because then Vern would have to update MM every time a CM is released.  I am very sure that he is not going to do that.

A save pedestal is something that the mansion builders put in a room.  It is NOT something that the game automatically inputs at random or given places in a mansion.  So it is up to the builders whether they include a save pedestal at the end of their mansions.

When a player finishes a mansion, he arrives at a finish scene where he can read his score, gold, secrets and time.  You could take a snapshot of this scene or write the info down if you want to.  Perhaps it is possible to make this scene saveable.  I don't know.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Jackie
Wanderer

Washington State, USA
Reply #7 - 12.08.2008 at 01:52:57

I printed out a list of all the CMs in alpha and write in the stats as I finish each mansion.  Not that I've completely finished very many.   Smiley

Jackie

Hopelessly lost but making good time.

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #8 - 07.01.2010 at 05:33:32

brell wrote on 12.08.2008 at 01:27:33:
Vern is NOT working on any forum changes.  It is propably NOT possible to include a high score list for custom mansions in the MM game because then Vern would have to update MM every time a CM is released.  I am very sure that he is not going to do that.

Actually, it might be possible to have a dynamically-built online high score list, where I don't have to intervene at all. You just post, and it creates a new online high score list for any new mansions.

Doing a dynamically-built offline high score list (built into the game) might be possible too, but probably harder.

As these additions would be a bit more work, maybe people would be willing to pay $3.99 for them, or something like that. But right now, I have the sequel and the iPhone port that I will be focusing on first.

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #9 - 07.01.2010 at 09:29:17

Missy wrote on 11.08.2008 at 21:25:31:
...perhaps someone should draw the " Private Score List" to Vern's attention as he is working on forum changes as we speak.  As you can see above the forum page...

Actually it was me whom made the above changes to the forum header.  Roll Eyes Hope you like it, I'll be posting a new featured mansion every Sunday.

You can check out here for the reasons behind the featuring and terms:

http://www.actionsoft.com/forums/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1260748526/0#0

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print