Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"Palais Pompomrouge" is finished! (Read 9093 times)
leo
Wanderer

"Palais Pompomrouge" is finished!
01.10.2008 at 19:49:33

Hi everybody!

I worked a little faster than I anticipated and now my first custom mansion is ready  Smiley . I tested the whole mansion a couple of times. But of course, I only did it from the creator point of view, always having the right way to go and the right thing to do in mind. So now I am looking for beta-testers! The mansion has 340+ rooms (some of which are only for decorative purposes, so that the map looks neat). There are 8 save pedestals and more than half a mill in gold to get. I am looking for a somewhat experienced player, since a couple of rooms are a bit hard and the secrets aren't always easy to find (though not impossible). The thing is: There are no cracks in the walls pointing towards a secret but other stuff like a break in a pattern, a suspicious coin or beastie or sound.

Another thing: There is quite a lot of text on quite a lot of signs because next to the normal plundering I am also telling a little story, that will be continued in the sequel (which is already in planning). So please bear with me when there is a lot to read.  Wink

Well, that's pretty much it for the time being. Don't panic if you answer to this message quickly and don't hear from me for a couple of days. I'll be on the road. I am taking my laptop with me though and when there's a chance I'll write back.

See y'all!

Leo

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Re: "Palais Pompomrouge" is finished!
Reply #1 - 01.10.2008 at 21:25:48

Hi Leo,

I am standing by, waiting to beta test for you.  Perhaps we can get another person as well.

Let me know.

Missy

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #2 - 02.10.2008 at 02:22:12

oh, a new mansion, can't wait to test it.

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #3 - 22.10.2008 at 05:32:07

I'm finished too! I know some of the secrets I've missed, but some, I don't know... so I guess I have to go back some day...

A LOT of gold down there...

beautiful layout Smiley

Picture_6_001.png (313 KB | )
Picture_6_001.png

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #4 - 22.10.2008 at 16:01:40

It's easier the second time, when you have all those lives really.

Where are the remaining 3%, I wonder? Could it be a misplaced 'S' which you could miss? Must I really go again through the whole palais  Shocked ?

PPR.jpg (139 KB | )
PPR.jpg

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

leo
Wanderer

Reply #5 - 22.10.2008 at 18:38:03

Wow!
97 %? Congrats, Toybox!
When I tested the mansion, all the "S"s where in the right place and I ended with 100%. But I must admit that there are a handful of secrets that are VERY hard to find, so maybe you just missed one. Sorry!

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #6 - 22.10.2008 at 18:58:07

Toybox, not bad. 97%.

I had already found 81%. But It's a very hard mansion. I through the mansion with 379 lives ^^ Roll Eyes

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #7 - 22.10.2008 at 19:44:32

When you go through it twice it becomes waaaay easier. And you feel more confident to just jump wherever to look for secrets. On the other hand, look how long it takes  Grin

What I meant with misplaced S is, sometimes you can get some hidden money by jumping from, say, a floor underneath, and then you get the points but don't touch the S mark. I don't claim this is what happened here - in a huge mansion like this, it is easy to miss one of the smaller secrets.

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #8 - 06.11.2008 at 11:04:03

And.... it becomes waaay easier when you have done each section between the save points
at least THREE times
!!!   Smiley

I have to comment to Leo though on a few things;

Firstly, I love the BB's, the humour and excellent translation was fantastic !

Personally, me and my Jack really enjoyed the "Rhythm of the Rooms" above the Zoo of exotic creatures, and the other areas filled with Back packs, it was like music to our ears!  (Once we finally found them, of course!)

Speaking of the Zoo, I didn't know they had "slam dancing" in England, and who ever heard of rain in Newfoundland !!!  Wink  I will have to check with my Auntie in Germany to find out about the "Whack Birds in the Black Forest"!   Huh

My Jack did indeed miss a couple of secrets, one because he was so excited to finally get to save point 1 that he forgot on the last pass through to get that particular secret, and the second was that he decided to take the easy way down a certain "Fishy spot" in a tower.  

All in all, it has been a great Palace that has given me at least a week's worth of free time fun !!!  (About one hour a day!)

Both Jack and my Hats are Off to You Leo........... Superb !!! Grin

Thanks so much,

SandyBean

Picture_6_002.png (353 KB | )
Picture_6_002.png

IP Logged

leo
Wanderer

Reply #9 - 07.11.2008 at 19:04:10

Hi Sandybean!

WOW! 97% secrets? That's awesome! Congratulations!

Thanks for the kind words for my first mansion. The sequel is still in the making and it's going to take a while before it will be released.

Leo

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print