Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My three new Mansions... (Read 12844 times)
Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Re: My three new Mansions...
Reply #10 - 13.10.2008 at 09:08:42

By some miracle I did finally finish the beta testing for
Volcanis Dungeon.  (I threw in the towel, quit, on more than one occasion, but the obsession of the challenge would just not let me loose at this game.)

This is one mean and I mean, MEAN mansion!  

If some of you experts out there were hankering for a real hop, skip and jump challenge.......well, your dreams have come true.  

Volcanis Dungeon will definitely give your eye hand co-ordination a real work out.

Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #11 - 13.10.2008 at 20:05:27

Thank you Missy and I hope that I also can build good Mansion!  Cool

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #12 - 13.10.2008 at 21:50:47

Hi Mikee,

Your mansions are not only good mansions, they are GREAT.....

it's the beta tester (meaning me) that's ONLY good and not great. 

hee,hee,hee.   Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #13 - 16.10.2008 at 10:25:38

I read, on some other MM boards, about criticisms of the beta-testing of mansions. I read Mikee's request for beta-testers and, when there were only enough volunteers for two of his three mansions, I volunteered. This was my first time and, I guess, I missed more than one JS, but I tried really hard to do a good job. I read the guidelines for beta testers and, as I said, did the best job I could do, and the job nobody else had the time to do. Some of us are new at this job, but we volunteer anyway. I think we should catch a break and MM players should be glad that we try.

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #14 - 16.10.2008 at 10:57:18

Hi sherryl199

I hope that you were not reading my post the wrong way?

I was just making a funny about myself.....which is a reality.  I am not great, just good.

No one was picking on me, and I was not picking on any beta tester.

It was just a funny pertaining to the fact that the mansion was extremely hard for me and I am only good, not great at fancy hard aerobics. After that mansions comes out, you will see what I mean.  I found it very hard to get to the next room to do my job and look for Jack Stucks.

But the good news is, that even tho I quit on more than one occasion, I finally was able to finish the job......so even tho I am only good, I must be great because I was able to finish it.   yeah!!!!
And the creator was appreciative.

I too am new at beta testing and like you and everyone else, I tried my best, and that is all that is expected of us.

But I must admit, that beta testing does take away from the joy of playing and by the time your ready to play it, the beta tester knows all the moves so it sort of takes away from the play.  But then again, that is only my opinion.

So please don't take my funny about myself the wrong way.

Yes, beta testing is hard, as we have to look for all the cracks and pitfalls in the game.

There was no criticism.....only a funny......okay?   Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #15 - 16.10.2008 at 21:45:36

Oh, I absolutely did not take any offense to what you said. It's a time-consuming job, and considering how large and complex some of the new mansions are, it is remarkable there are not more errors. It is a compliment to the builders and the testers. I think if we want big, hard, inventive mansions, we have to understand that some player somewhere, somehow will find a way to get Jack stuck or fall through a floor or some such thing. The players are a pretty creative bunch!

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

suztours
Explorer

Jerusalem, Israel
Reply #16 - 17.10.2008 at 00:49:21

Missy wrote on 12.10.2008 at 10:31:06:
Hi Mikee,

Finished beta testing Temple of the Alps......check your PM's

It's a cute little mansion.  Very Easy.  Great Layout and Design and Colours.

Mikee - well, I've started on Temple of the Alps but I had some other, actual work to do, so I'm behind, BUT I haven't found it to be "cute" or "very easy"... are you sure, Missy, that we got the same mansion to test?

suzanne

Seems like little Jack was lost in some huge mansion, but he's finally found a way out... thanks to Vern, Freddy & Brell!
IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #17 - 17.10.2008 at 00:59:02

Hi suztours,

It looks like we did, no biggy.  As you can see by the posts, I really did give up on the hard one, but, because I still had it on save, I kept at it until I was ready to throw my beautiful iMac out the window....lololol

I guess with the language barrier, something must have gone amiss, as Mikee then sent me the easy one.

I am glad that you also had a chance to beta test it.  Two heads are better than one. 

Wait until the hard one comes out.....I don't want to say anymore, so as not to spoil your fun.  It was a nightmare for me.  I wonder how you will do with it?  Maybe it was just me.

Missy

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #18 - 26.10.2008 at 02:01:41

Hi Mikee -

How are your three mansions?

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #19 - 28.10.2008 at 03:23:54

Yes, I will look forward to my mansion to upload. I just make one or two works on this mansion whitout JS. So, I'm ready to upload this mansion.

But I also must look whit the school. I had though the school are easier now, but it isn't. It's more harder then before. So I must also look forward to the school.

I hope I can make "The Matrix" further...

Greetings
Chris Smiley

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print