Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A few minor issues in Octopus Mansion (Read 15060 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
A few minor issues in Octopus Mansion
01.04.2009 at 18:19:43

A couple of days ago I have replayed Octopus Mansion (Hard) and found a couple of issues I had already seen the first time around.
(Incidentially a day later there was a new update of Octopus Mansion, but only of the Easy version!)

I probably have forgotten  some of the issues again, but the most visible ones were those involving the BBBs:
On several of the BBBs in Octopus Hard the mansion is described as "Octopus Mansion Easy".  Apparently the author has written the BBBs for the Easy version first, and then he forgot to change / adapt the BBB-texts for the hard version.

A bit more dramatic was another issue involving Jack falling to his death because a floor in one room is continued with a pair of "skull-platforms" in the next, which are apparently misaligned so Jack falls.
(I can't remember the room number though; I have to re-check).

There might have been 1 or 2 others which I can't remember anymore....  (sorry !).

Apart from these minor quibbles I really liked Octopus's Garden ( Wink) just as much as when I played last time !

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

nancygevans
Wanderer

California
Need help
Reply #1 - 03.04.2009 at 08:40:30

Hey great mansion - I made it all the way to room 15500 but can't figure out how to activate the platform. I have a broken finger too! Can you give me a hint?

Thanks, Nancy

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Re: Need help
Reply #2 - 03.04.2009 at 23:24:01

nancygevans wrote on 03.04.2009 at 08:40:30:
Hey great mansion - I made it all the way to room 15500 but can't figure out how to activate the platform. I have a broken finger too! Can you give me a hint?

Thanks, Nancy

The platform [I assume you mean the wooden one?] should already be activated, since you otherwise wouldn't have made it there. (or is this a JS? Strange if so)

If you mean the blue one, I first wonder how you can know it's a great mansion after only having visited a few rooms Smiley and second, the lever is there, pull where you don't see it.

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Re: A few minor issues in Octopus Mansion
Reply #3 - 03.04.2009 at 23:26:20

aquaMat wrote on 01.04.2009 at 18:19:43:
On several of the BBBs in Octopus Hard the mansion is described as "Octopus Mansion Easy".  Apparently the author has written the BBBs for the Easy version first, and then he forgot to change / adapt the BBB-texts for the hard version.

Strange, I made the easy version after I finished the hard... guess I have to look through it  Undecided

A bit more dramatic was another issue involving Jack falling to his death because a floor in one room is continued with a pair of "skull-platforms" in the next, which are apparently misaligned so Jack falls.
(I can't remember the room number though; I have to re-check).

Please do, these issues have to be fixed...

Apart from these minor quibbles I really liked Octopus's Garden ( Wink) just as much as when I played last time !

Thanx Smiley

IP Logged

nancygevans
Wanderer

California
Reply #4 - 04.04.2009 at 03:30:54

Yes I mean the wooden one at the almost end of the game. It is activated by the lever by the blue door? If so, I can't get to it from here, right? Oh no, I have to redo the whole game?

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #5 - 04.04.2009 at 04:11:37

It's activated by the lever just to the right of it.

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #6 - 04.04.2009 at 15:00:44

nancygevans wrote on 04.04.2009 at 03:30:54:
Yes I mean the wooden one at the almost end of the game. It is activated by the lever by the blue door? If so, I can't get to it from here, right? Oh no, I have to redo the whole game?

It should be impossible to get out of the blue [first] part without pulling that lever, so I cannot understand how you got to the wooden platform without doing that. If you did I sure would be interested in knowing how you did it... Because then it seems like a minor JS

In the easy version, there is another lever, I think that's the one you're referring to Semi-Native

IP Logged

nancygevans
Wanderer

California
Reply #7 - 05.04.2009 at 00:26:52

Yep I did it. I came around to the room above it from the right side, thus reducing the need for one blue key. Of course I should have noticed that the lever activated the platform, but I was associating it with the two gray doors. If you want I'll go back and do it again to document, but it is obviously possible because I got to game end (almost) without it.

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #8 - 05.04.2009 at 04:35:27

nancygevans wrote on 05.04.2009 at 00:26:52:
Yep I did it. I came around to the room above it from the right side, thus reducing the need for one blue key.

Strange, I didn't think you could get into that room from the right without opening the red door, and to do that you need the red key, and to get that you have to pull the lever...

Quote:
If you want I'll go back and do it again to document, but it is obviously possible because I got to game end (almost) without it.

Please do, if you don't think it's too much of an effort

IP Logged

nancygevans
Wanderer

California
Reply #9 - 05.04.2009 at 08:48:59

I'll do that as soon as I can. Would you like saved games from save point one and save point ten? I tried to attach but failed.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print