Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Coming..ehm.. let's say soon (Read 7414 times)
Veronika
Wanderer

Slovenia
Coming..ehm.. let's say soon
04.11.2009 at 01:50:48

My next mansion Veronika's Towers. It's about 200 rooms.
Now I need your opinion guys and girls.  Wink

This mansion is build in a way that you have to go through many different towers. In each one you get two special keys- one lets you into the next tower and the other -multicolor ones-  you'll need to enter the last rooms of the mansion.
Now, I know that multicolor keys are very tricky because you can unintentionally open the wrong door with it- but I can't help it- I just love these colored suckers Grin

I've put many signs throughout the mansion, warning Jack to be careful with keys and also there are plenty backpacks so Jack can carry all those keys.
But do you think it will happen a lot, players using wrong keys and therefore be frustrated about it?
I like this mansion a lot, but If a majority of you think that thinking about keys all the time is too much hassle then what's the point of this kind of mansion... Sad

I've made it quite easy to go back ( special doors at the bottom of each tower ) and enough save portals but still... I wonder.
I don't want to use 'normal' keys for the last part of the mansion because those multicolored keys represent kind of reward in each tower and I like this concept. Roll Eyes

So let me know what you think.

V.

You Jacked my day... thank you ever so much!!

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Re: Coming..ehm.. let's say soon
Reply #1 - 04.11.2009 at 02:01:29

Why not wait and see if the beta testers find a problem with it?

I too love them coloured suckers!  lolololol  And since there are plenty of save points, I think that a little bit of a puzzle strategy is just fine.  But then again......that's only my opinion.

btw:  You have a real flare for style & design.  Looking forward to your new mansion.   Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #2 - 04.11.2009 at 04:48:16

I agree with Missy - this is for the beta testers to find out.  I hope you'll find some key experts out there  Wink

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #3 - 04.11.2009 at 20:50:01

But you gotta keep in mind that it's not the player who decides what key Jack is using but Jack, ahem...I mean..the game.
You can't influence it....and the backpacks or whatnot have no influence whatsoever on that decision.

But I also think - just try it out.
If you keep a close watch on what other color doors you use, and when exactly you'll hand out the same-colored keys for them you should be able to pull it off.

And BTW..... several backpacks do not further expand Jack's "storing room". Only the first backpack does that, just once. The other backpacks just equal money (I guess it was 500 bucks).

I wish you all the best for the design.  Judging from the last section of La Luna you get better by the day....   Smiley

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Veronika
Wanderer

Slovenia
Reply #4 - 04.11.2009 at 21:08:58

Designing is hard work Grin so I work hard to get better and better and I'm happy If you guys and girls notice this Roll Eyes

Ok, jokes aside: I will of course wait for the final word from beta testers. VT is not quite ready for that , yet, but I think I was pretty careful to always leave enough room for Jack to see which door is next so he won't get confused about keys.

Thanx for the input and hopefully Veronika's Towers will frustrate...well I want to say nobody but that's to optimistic... so I'll rephrase it: will frustrate the lowest amount of people possible  Tongue

Have a great morning/day/evening everybody.

You Jacked my day... thank you ever so much!!

IP Logged

Catwoman
Explorer

New Jersey, USA
Reply #5 - 04.11.2009 at 22:22:12

My vote, for what it's worth, is to leave the multi-colored keys. It's pretty easy to notice the color of a door and look to see if you have the key.

Looking forward to VT.

I throw myself against walls.
IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #6 - 05.11.2009 at 09:14:24

I say keep the colored keys. My Jack can be SO impulsive, maybe this will teach him to think before jumping  Grin

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #7 - 05.11.2009 at 19:06:25

I say keep the multi-colored keys, also. Looking forward to your new mansion.
Cool

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #8 - 06.11.2009 at 07:07:15

I agree about the colored keys - you made that clear in La Luna.

Hope you need beta-testers!

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print