Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oh, come on! Room 16504 again (Read 12111 times)
dlcatftwin
Wanderer

Oh, come on! Room 16504 again
29.11.2010 at 04:24:24

Hi all,
Okay, so I downloaded the latest "Octopus" version (where earlier versions apparently had a confirmed JS issue on room 16504), ver. 1.4 for the record..
So, I am in 16504 again and Jack is again stuck. Please see my attached pict. The big purple arrow points to where jack is. He arrived there by going up the ladder underneath him> Now he can go neither left or right, neither up or down. There he stays.
Please help - I would like to see the rest of this otherwise very fine castle.
Many thanks,
DLC

P.S. web administrators - for a while I have been checking the "Check this if you wish to be notified of replies to this topic" option, but never receive a notification.

Room_16504-Again_.png (87 KB | 877 )
Room_16504-Again_.png
dlcattayloru dlcatftwin  
IP Logged

dlcatftwin
Wanderer

Re: Oh, come on! Room 16504 again
Reply #1 - 29.11.2010 at 04:28:24

Correction, please.
Jack arrived at his destination in the picture by proceeding from the right, not by coming up the ladder beneath him. I noticed my first concern when he could NOT go down the ladder to fetch the red key (which would have been an obvious move, but for some reason a move not available to Jack at the moment).

Thank you,
DC

dlcattayloru dlcatftwin  
IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #2 - 29.11.2010 at 12:55:06

It is sad that you have these problems with this room. It is a difficult room. I have played it many, many times when I did the testing of the mansion. I never got stuck. There isn't any obvious way to go because you can't see enough to determine the obvious way. It is more a trial and error to get the right way to go. you have to climbed up and down, jumps are also important. I am playing Octopus now but I haven't cot that yet and it is 2 years or so since i played OM.

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #3 - 29.11.2010 at 17:41:06

OK, I have found the JS!! If you don't pull the lever with the purple key early on and open the grey door Jack will get stuck in that position you show, dlcatftwin. Sorry about that.

Olle, when one pull the lever to the right of the grey door where Jack is stuck he will inevitably get stuck. He can't prevent it if he has forgotten to pull the lever with the purple key..

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #4 - 30.11.2010 at 01:12:28

dlcatftwin wrote on 29.11.2010 at 04:24:24:
P.S. web administrators - for a while I have been checking the "Check this if you wish to be notified of replies to this topic" option, but never receive a notification.

User CP - Profile - Options

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #5 - 30.11.2010 at 02:40:32

rose wrote on 29.11.2010 at 17:41:06:
Olle, when one pull the lever to the right of the grey door where Jack is stuck he will inevitably get stuck. He can't prevent it if he has forgotten to pull the lever with the purple key..

Right... I think the problem is that I "copied" this room from Octopus Hard, made some alterations but didn't really think it through. It's a large mansion so I don't think you should feel bad about not finding this one Smiley
Actually, the door is redundant, but it's supposed to be there anyway. I have sent a fix to semi-native, hope she'll update a.s.a.p. and hope there are no more JS's in this one.

Glad to see it's still being played Smiley

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #6 - 30.11.2010 at 04:47:02

Version 1.5 is available for download.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print