Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Used keys in wrong order? (Read 13630 times)
VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Used keys in wrong order?
23.08.2011 at 08:07:42

So I got the yellow key hidden behind the treasure chest, got to the 1st save point, then re-played the whole first area with the gold/silver blocked toggled (so that all the new monsters and money bags were in there), but when I got back to the save point room, I did NOT use the yellow key to get the lantern. Instead I went to room 18500 and used it there. Then I realized this door goes nowhere. Weird.

Am I now stuck? I haven't tried to play further... so it's quite possible I"m not. Just wanted to ask since I don't have much time for playing right now, and wanted to report this just in case.

Very cool mansion! I'm not sure how I've never played this one before. I love it so far.

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Re: Used keys in wrong order?
Reply #1 - 23.08.2011 at 08:10:47

Room 19103 - Layer 6 issues with pillars. Easily fixed if pillars moved to layer 5.

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2 - 23.08.2011 at 08:14:57

19304 - Layer 6 issues if Jack jumps while in secret area.

So yeah, I guess I'm not stuck due to having used the yellow key on that dud door. However, I'm wishing I had gotten the lantern. Undecided

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #3 - 23.08.2011 at 08:16:35

19305 - Pulled lever at upper-right, not knowing it would stop the platforms, and also definitely not knowing I wouldn't be able to pull it again. I was stuck and had to jump into the lava to reset the room. A cheap death. (Anytime you pull a lever, and you end up having to die because of it, it's a cheap death.) Lever should be able to be pulled again.

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #4 - 23.08.2011 at 08:51:59

Gotta say, I'm loving this mansion. Bloody brilliant.

18897 - Just one example of one of the many fun puzzles in this mansion.

Time: 47 minutes
Secrets found: 37%

lol, I'm pretty bad!

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #5 - 24.08.2011 at 12:09:36

Yup, this is a good one  Smiley

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #6 - 25.08.2011 at 15:46:49

Oh, just saw this thread. I'll have a look into the reported bugs when I have time.

Smiley

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #7 - 05.09.2011 at 03:13:57

Hi Toybox !

After not playing Dragon's trap in a few years, I re-played it now and it was so much fun !!!  Totally enjoyed how the first section was so exciting and clever when the gold/silver blocks were changed.  What a creative idea  Cheesy

I must say though, as a woman, having made some purchases at "The Shop", of course I went back there to see what else was for sale, only to find they had run out of inventory ~  Grin

Excellent mansion, and very well done, going to go back and try the hard version now !

Thanks so much,

SandyBean  Smiley

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #8 - 12.09.2011 at 21:40:01

Thanks for the comment, SandyBean  Smiley
The shop should have refilled! Maybe the suppliers got caught in a traffic jam Wink

This mansion is actually an adaptation of one of my two all-time favourite Sega Master System games1 (Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap. You can even find speed runs on youtube!) And I should say, it's as faithful an adaptation as I could make!

1 yes, I am that old  Tongue

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print