Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
MM HD Back To Square One: stuck? (Read 11332 times)
mick
Wanderer

Absolutely

MM HD Back To Square One: stuck?
14.11.2011 at 18:08:28

Room 16211 (ish)

From where Jack is standing, he can climb up, but there's no place to go once up.

The clearance won't allow him to step OFF the ledge he's standing on and jump up onto the red pathway.

Tell me what I'm missing, please?

IP Logged

mick
Wanderer

Absolutely

Re: MM HD Back To Square One: stuck?
Reply #1 - 14.11.2011 at 18:23:03

Make that "step OFF the ledge he's standing on and jump up onto the red pathway OR back to the green blocks".

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #2 - 14.11.2011 at 18:34:45

I'm just going by memory here, but I think Jack jumps up to catch a vine from where he's standing in your pic.

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #3 - 14.11.2011 at 18:52:21

Yes, catch the vine!

IP Logged

mick
Wanderer

Absolutely

Reply #4 - 14.11.2011 at 20:03:38

The vine is what I was referring to when I said "he can climb up".

Climbing up the vine still gives me nowhere to go (that I've been able to suss out).

Thanks   Smiley

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #5 - 14.11.2011 at 20:11:34

Are you talking about the vine that we can see the end off?

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #6 - 14.11.2011 at 20:41:33

Keep jumping straight up,  more than once.

IP Logged

mick
Wanderer

Absolutely

Reply #7 - 16.11.2011 at 09:08:51

Did that, too.  Smiley  The map shows an upper vine, and I "felt" the blocks that I jumped up on. I still ended up with no place to go.

AND... I haven't been able to work my way back to that spot again. The next time I played, I got "next" to that spot, but ended up way on top of the mansion somehow.  Cheesy It is a good and complex one.

This time through, I ran up against being blocked from proceeding. I ended up back at almost the beginning, and then couldn't proceed because the room I was in (17003) used a one-time lever that wouldn't function again.

Screenshot attached.

I'll keep plugging away.

Thanks.  Smiley

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #8 - 17.11.2011 at 00:32:16

Dear Mick.  When you post these pictures PLEASE don't skip the uppermost part so we can see how many keys Jack is holding and so on.
If seems to me that when you restarted the mansion you took another way from the beginning, i.e. you didn't start with the easy section.
The lever in this room only opens the red trap doors so it is a one time lever.  The problem is that somewhere before you have turned silver blocks to gold without ever turning them back.  This is my fault and I will upload a fixed version soon.
In the other room, 16211, from where Jack is standing, he is able to go straight up.  The next time you played you were in another route and thus ended at a different place in the next room.  Note that the small portion of vine just to the left of the structure is NOT accessible to Jack from where he is standing.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #9 - 17.11.2011 at 00:45:16

Both original and HD versions updated and uploaded.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print