Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Working on a new mansion... (Read 11632 times)
Midnight Mouse
Lost One

Pine Creek Valley, Colorado
Working on a new mansion...
04.01.2014 at 04:18:30

...it's coming!  A brand new level for the original Midnight Mansion.  Been working on it on and off for a couple of years.  It has over 100 rooms...  ...will be titled, "Midnight Adventure".  More news to come!

Midnight Mouse  Wink

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Re: Working on a new mansion...
Reply #1 - 04.01.2014 at 15:11:50

Wow, I can't wait! Do you need someone to beta test the mansion? I volunteer. It would be fun.

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #2 - 04.01.2014 at 19:03:45

Great news.
Smiley

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #3 - 05.01.2014 at 05:48:36

Good to hear, I'll definitely test it when it comes out, also it's good for a HD Version if you make it in the old MM1 Builder too :3

crisscross24  
IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #4 - 05.01.2014 at 14:15:59

Hurry up!  (Come on, you guys know you're thinking the same thing  Grin )

IP Logged

Midnight Mouse
Lost One

Reply #5 - 07.01.2014 at 04:06:31

Wow!  I didn't expect the responses I've received so far.   Smiley
Thank you everyone.  I sincerely hope this mansion will be fun for everyone who tries it.  I still have about 10-15 more rooms to complete before I upload it.  I really appreciate the offers to beta-test it, but I'd like to get it to a completed point before I release it.  Here are some of the goodies this mansion will have:

The mansion will take place deep underground.

It currently has 444 rooms.

This mansion will have tributes to other video games.

There is an easter egg room.

Midnight Mouse

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #6 - 08.01.2014 at 00:08:38

Dear Midnight Mouse, please read the posts in this link about beta-testing and uploading a new custom mansion.  Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding  Smiley

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Reply #7 - 08.01.2014 at 01:31:52

This sounds really exciting! Smiley

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

Midnight Mouse
Lost One

Reply #8 - 08.01.2014 at 01:56:50

Thanks for the link Brell.  I understand that, if one wants to have their custom mansion included on The List Of Approved Mansions, it needs to be thoroughly beta-tested.  I guess what I was trying to say is that I'm not ready to have it beta-tested yet because I still have about ten more rooms to complete.  After I complete those rooms, I have no problem with the mansion being beta-tested.  I have been testing the rooms as I build them, so I hope beta-testing will be easy.  I am keeping in mind trying to prevent "stuck Jacks" and "cheap death Jacks".   Smiley
       When I originally started this mansion, it wasn't in my mind to have it necessarily included in The Approved List Of Mansions.  I don't know if it is good enough for that.  If it does make it to that level, that's great.  But, I was just hoping to have a level for anyone to try and have fun with it.  Can one load a mansion just for others to try out that might not be administrators?
       I have run into some frustrating issues while building this mansion.  The main one is that the level editor, version 1.2.2, only allows for 444 rooms.  If I try adding a 445th room, the editor crashes.  The early original version of this mansion was to have over 800 rooms.  Is this a "known" issue?  Am I doing something wrong on my end?  Is this a limit in Midnight Mansion 2?   Sad

Thanks for the encouragement.  I hope to have this mansion finished very soon.

Midnight Mouse

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #9 - 09.01.2014 at 05:46:58

Hmm.  I thought your mansion was for the original MM, not MM2.  I do not know about the size limits.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print