Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sky Boxes in MM2 (Read 779 times)
Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Sky Boxes in MM2
11.12.2022 at 18:46:58

Hi S-N

I am just back from your interesting mansion. With 50 % secrets. I am not surprised because I had problems in a dark room and couldn't enter several other rooms that I saw on the map.

brell
did put my attention on the different working of lanterns, so probably that is the point. Before going further about this, I have a completely other question. On this board it seems impossible to add attachments. Is that supposed to be? Or is it possible to change that?

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Re: Sky Boxes in MM2
Reply #1 - 13.12.2022 at 08:39:22

Hi Freddy,

Try it now. I did an edit to allow attachments. Hope I did it right. It's been a long time since I did any administrative edits.  Tongue

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #2 - 13.12.2022 at 21:11:27

I did want to show the difference(s) between a room from Sky Boxes in MM1 HD and in MM2. But meanwhile I did find out that I can't open Sky Boxes HD.

No harm. I show 2 images out of MM2 and ask Semi-Native to explain everything about the differences!
Grin Tongue

Afbeelding_1_004.png (219 KB | 37 )
Afbeelding_1_004.png
MM2_-_SB_-_16899.png (144 KB | 42 )
MM2_-_SB_-_16899.png
MM2_-_SB_-_16900.png (104 KB | 36 )
MM2_-_SB_-_16900.png

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #3 - 14.12.2022 at 20:39:28

Freddy, I don't understand what you're asking me, sorry. These are two different rooms, so what differences do you mean?

Sky Boxes is a MM1 mansion, not MM2.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #4 - 15.12.2022 at 15:26:10

My bad
Embarrassed Huh

What I was trying to say was that, for different reasons, I can't open Sky Boxes in MM1 (I don't have a code for that app) or MM1 HD (I can't open the downloaded Sky Boxes HD file).

Because of that I couldn't execute my original idea: showing one single room of Sky Boxes on two pictures. The first with the room opened in MM1 and the latter one opened in MM2. But as said, this didn't work out.

Then I thought, why not just show the image of the room opened in MM2 and ask you if you remember the look in the MM1 version and may tell something about the differences.

(That idea came up because I was pretty surprised with the differences of the starting room in The 7th Key. See over there.)

And than I created confusion with adding two rooms in the place of just one. Sorry about that.

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #5 - 15.12.2022 at 19:27:17

Oh, okay. All I can say is that the look in MM1 HD would be sharper than MM1, just like any other mansion.

I have a bootable backup of Mac OS Mojave on an external hard drive, on which I can play MM1 HD, but I can't play the original MM1 anymore on this computer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print