Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Caves and the Castle normal - Brief visit (Read 653 times)
Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
The Caves and the Castle normal - Brief visit
21.08.2023 at 02:41:35

Hi
brell
!

On Sundays my Jack is allowed to enter custom mansions. He had a brief look in the normal version of TC&Cn. Even the abbreviation is long!
Wink

Room 12076 is an interesting room in the very beginning. After a few restarts (I call that cheating, Jack) he knows the following order for opening the red doors. But as his mentor I am interested in the crystal clear subtile clue.
Wink

Fair is fair. I really don't see it. Embarrassed

TC_Cn_12076.png (142 KB | 27 )
TC_Cn_12076.png

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: The Caves and the Castle normal - Brief visit
Reply #1 - 21.08.2023 at 16:05:02

Hmm... a rugsack !?

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #2 - 25.08.2023 at 01:40:01

I didn't take the rugsack in account because it was left of the doors and so before any of the doors. But maybe I should have think a step further. Because there was nothing else, besides 2 critters, the backpack was the only lead.

Meanwhile I am a little bit further and I am happy (really?  Wink ) with the close to game over feeling. See image 1.

More to the right in the mansion my Jack had a red key that he used (see map) at the right of the purple door.

The map shows me this:
1) a green key that I can't get and a green door;
2) a yellow key that I can't get and a yellow door;
3) a purple key that I can't get and a purple door;
4) two red keys that I can't get and two red doors.

So for all visible doors I see appropriate keys, but I can't get any. To continue I am surely missing something.
Sad

TC_TCn_12077.png (145 KB | 20 )
TC_TCn_12077.png
TC_TCn_map.png (121 KB | 23 )
TC_TCn_map.png

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #3 - 25.08.2023 at 02:20:37

Why can't you get the green key?

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #4 - 25.08.2023 at 15:13:10

Although you wrote only one line, I could read between the lines that opening the red door in the room with the purple door was no mistake.

Without succes I tried to approach the green key from below with the ladybug vine and from the left. I also couldn't find a way to a possible room above the green key room, with the hope to come down to that upper left corner.

In weekend I'll do a new effort. Maybe it has to do with the half hidden yellow ladder at the right.
Undecided

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #5 - 25.08.2023 at 16:45:20

I remember when you were betatesting this mansion for me you also had the same problem.

The green key is accessible from the ladybug vine.  I know that you have not tried everything that can be done from there.

PS it does not matter which red door you open first.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #6 - 26.08.2023 at 18:34:17

My Jack is revisiting
MM2 - The Caves and the Castle normal
. I add three room-pictures from his journey.

Room 12081. I think I had a proper first, and so far only, save. I could catch the green key in the upper left corner (thx). Is this the save that is later mentioned on a sign for being prepared in the colossal cave with the two H-trigger rooms? Couldn't find an other one yet.

Room 11478. Jack could take a 2nd shield and let the mimic pull the lever to ... toggle the torches. I haven't the slightest idea why. I surely have the feeling that I am missing some things.
Embarrassed

Room 11078. I am impressed by the designing work with all the (bat) platforms in this mansion. Must be a very complex work to get all things right. And Jack has to use them very careful.
Q: On the image you see that the lever was pulled thus the grey platform activated. Jack picked up the blue key in the barrel but without using the blue platform! Now he is in the lower left corner, not knowing what that rather fast on/off block is doing there and without a way back to the upper right corner. Is this a half Jack-stuck?

TC_TCn_12081.png (225 KB | 22 )
TC_TCn_12081.png
TC_TCn_11478.png (164 KB | 20 )
TC_TCn_11478.png
TC_TCn_11078.png (144 KB | 21 )
TC_TCn_11078.png

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #7 - 26.08.2023 at 19:03:02

Freddy wrote on 26.08.2023 at 18:34:17:
Q: On the image you see that the lever was pulled thus the grey platform activated. Jack picked up the blue key in the barrel but without using the blue platform! Now he is in the lower left corner, not knowing what that rather fast on/off block is doing there and without a way back to the upper right corner. Is this a half Jack-stuck?

Yes this looks like HJS.  Will look into it later

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print