Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Midnight Mansion 1.0.7 Released (Read 17630 times)
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Midnight Mansion 1.0.7 Released
06.01.2007 at 09:00:44

Version 1.0.7 was just released. I've had a few bugs reported to me within the last few days that won't be in this particular update, but there are fixes that you've been waiting for a while that are included:

- Fixed a bug where Jack would fall right through moving/falling platforms if they were close to the top of the screen, at just the right height.
- Fixed a rare zapper-beam problem, where on rare occasion a zapper beam you had previously turned off would suddenly be on when you re-entered the room.
- Changed editor's "Reset ObjectIDs dialog box" to not say that it resets them when quitting, because it doesn't.
- Changed Falcon Manor Easy so that you don't need to complete both "The Red Section" and "The Blue Section" in order to beat it. Now you can do either one if you want.
- Fixed Spider Palace Normal, room 17695, so you can now get the purple key without dying.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Re: Midnight Mansion 1.0.7 Released
Reply #1 - 06.01.2007 at 17:03:28

Smiley

THANKS Vern!

And Vern is much better than he knows! Version 1.0.7 also fixed an other problem. When Jack fell down in the deep onto a saving point he did NOT die. Jack was so fast that ... he saved his game! Was pretty Cool of him! In 1.0.7 Jack will ... die. Cry

If you want to become Midnight Mansion 1.0.7 immediately,
click here
and continue with clicking on
Download
in the left lower corner.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #2 - 06.01.2007 at 19:52:07

YaBB Administrator wrote on 06.01.2007 at 09:00:44:
- Fixed a rare zapper-beam problem, where on rare occasion a zapper beam you had previously turned off would suddenly be on when you re-entered the room.

Thanks for the update, Vern.  Does the above zapper fix also fix the zapper problem when pulling a lever does not turn off a zapper beam?

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #3 - 06.01.2007 at 21:12:19

Oh brell, you've had that problem too! I had it once in MMM. I also have had a lever problem in BSO when it didn't start a brick moving. I thought it was a corrupt saved file.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #4 - 06.01.2007 at 21:41:55

Rose, this lever problem in BtSO was in the beta version, right?  My mistake  Embarrassed

PS please move further discussion of BtSO to the appropiate forum.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #5 - 07.01.2007 at 03:22:22

Freddy -- Yes, I guess I forgot to mention the falling-on-save-point bug was fixed. Somehow that didn't make it into the release notes, but yes, it was intentionally fixed. Wink

Brell -- Yes, my fix should also fix the problem where pulling a lever doesn't turn off a zapper beam. (I'm assuming this happened randomly, and also very rarely.) But yeah, the bug I found could cause both problems.

Rose -- the same bug may have also caused the problem you experienced. This bug could result in a lever failing to control *any* individual sprite, given that there is at least one zapper beam somewhere in the room. (Even if the lever that fails doesn't control that zapper beam.) The more zapper beams there were in a room, the more likely the bug was to occur, but it could still occur in a room with even only one zapper beam.

For instance, if you have a room with one zapper beam, and an *unrelated* lever/brick switch was set to control a specific moving platform, to make it start moving for example, that lever/switch might have malfunction randomly. That has been fixed.

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #6 - 05.04.2007 at 02:30:32

One asks at you: Is it to be made actually with difficulty so a further version, thus for example from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7?

Huh

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #7 - 05.04.2007 at 03:58:03

Using 1.0.6 or 1.0.7 has nothing to do with Midnight Mansion being more OR less difficult. When there is an update, it means that mistakes have been fixed and sometimes that some building-features have become better. That will also be the matter with 1.0.8, although I know yet that there will be VAST improvements. But it has nothing to do with difficulty OR the expansion pack.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #8 - 05.04.2007 at 18:08:42

Freddy,
I have the feeling he means, whether it's difficult to make the UD from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7.

I could be wrong, though....?!   Wink

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #9 - 06.04.2007 at 03:22:26

I see. I must confess that I might have been wrong.

The process to update is NOT 100 % clear. One just needs to follow the instructions to "buy" the new version, which seems to be FREE for current members.  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print