Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
SC > StarCraft Episodes (Read 40708 times)
Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
SC > StarCraft Episodes
29.01.2007 at 07:29:49

This Tread is for all StarCraft Episodes 2 and up. Episode one is in the other tread. Here's the second episode! Just finished testing it and I'm pretty sure there's no bugs! (Unless someone finds some!)  Wink Here you go! Enjoy!  Cool

@Freddy
: Any idea when Episode one will be on "the list?"

EDIT: Updated! I replaced old starcraft_ep2.zip with newer starcraft_ep2v1.1.zip.  Smiley

Attachment removed by Freddy to avoid confusing. This mansion is now downloadable at the List of Completed Mansions
« Last Edit: 04.12.2007 at 07:19:24 by Freddy »  

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Re: StarCraft Episodes
Reply #1 - 29.01.2007 at 14:21:33

Anthony wrote on 29.01.2007 at 07:29:49:
@Freddy
: Any idea when Episode one will be on "the list?"

See "How to upload a mansion" at Custom Mansions Area / List of Completed Mansions. The ONLY demand for a new custom mansion is, that it has been beta-tested thoroughly. Since that has not happened before you posted it at Free Up- & Downloading, I suggest to wait a few weeks for reactions on the boards.

Try to see it this way.
Arevn's Mansion
and
Palace of Gore
are in a period of serious tests since a few weeks. It wouldn't be honest to these colleague-designers if your mansion should get listed without being tested.

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #2 - 29.01.2007 at 19:28:58

Hi!
Ther is one thing I would like to make you aware of and that is that in room 16101 Jack has to stand on the lava to be able to jump up to the first grey block. I don't think it is faire, he should be able to jump while having at least his heels on the tile. This is not just a "problem" in this mansion but it was a bit extreme here.

JAck is still having fun exploring new mansions!

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #3 - 29.01.2007 at 21:02:12

Wingy, I found a few minor issues in your StarCraft Episode 2:

In room #16299 I have the feeling there is the wrong text on the BBB. (It's the same text as on the BBB of room # 16303).

In room #16098 the right blue key cannot be picked up 'properly', only if Jack turns his back to the key. I'm sure beginning players are not aware of this phenomenon, and might get highly frustrated, because they can not pick up that blue key at the right, even if they were able to pick up the key on the left (by ducking forward).

There are a few more minor issues and, BTW, the first BBB (in Episode 1) has a couple of errors (grammar and spelling etc.) and 2 words that appear double.....

Apart from that, I'm surprised at how fast you put out Episode 2. It's great !!!   Cheesy

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #4 - 29.01.2007 at 21:25:20

rose wrote on 29.01.2007 at 19:28:58:
Hi!
Ther is one thing I would like to make you aware of and that is that in room 16101 Jack has to stand on the lava to be able to jump up to the first grey block. I don't think it is faire, he should be able to jump while having at least his heels on the tile. This is not just a "problem" in this mansion but it was a bit extreme here.

JAck is still having fun exploring new mansions!

He doesn't have to be on the lava. You just stand at the edge of the lava!  Wink But I suppose newbies wouldn't figure that out... So I guess I'll make it closer in the next update!

aquaMat wrote on 29.01.2007 at 21:02:12:
Wingy, I found a few minor issues in your StarCraft Episode 2:

In room #16299 I have the feeling there is the wrong text on the BBB. (It's the same text as on the BBB of room # 16303).

In room #16098 the right blue key cannot be picked up 'properly', only if Jack turns his back to the key. I'm sure beginning players are not aware of this phenomenon, and might get highly frustrated, because they can not pick up that blue key at the right, even if they were able to pick up the key on the left (by ducking forward).

There are a few more minor issues and, BTW, the first BBB (in Episode 1) has a couple of errors (grammar and spelling etc.) and 2 words that appear double.....

Apart from that, I'm surprised at how fast you put out Episode 2. It's great !!!   Cheesy

1°: Hmm... thats funny... Im positive I set that BBB to I.D. 128! Anyways... I fixed it. It will be up in the next update. Also, I think I fixed the bad grammer in episode one. I updated episode one.

2°: I suppose you're right about newbies not being able to get at the blue keys in that factory. I make the belt longer so it comes right to Jack.

Glad you like it. I'll update it very soon.
Cheers,
Wingy

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #5 - 03.02.2007 at 23:19:25

Here's StarCraft Episode 3 :: Acid Plant!

You'll need to find secrets to continue, but I won't make them count as secrets.  Smiley

SpaceStation Info:
Difficulty
:
Normal
-
Hard

Rooms
: Around 20
Vespene Gas
&
Minerals
: 10,000
Secrets
: 3 (As usual)

Enjoy!  Cheesy Cool

@Freddy: Why does AquaMat's mansion, Faces, get put on the list before any of my StarCraft Episodes?!  Angry Oh and when you do, make sure you put all the episodes in one .zip file and name it "StarCraft Episodes"  Smiley

Attachment removed by Freddy to avoid confusing. This mansion is now downloadable at the List of Completed Mansions
« Last Edit: 18.02.2007 at 06:13:27 by Freddy »  

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #6 - 03.02.2007 at 23:21:44

Aah great, another episode, Wingy !!!   Cheesy Smiley

Looking forward to playing it...!

One question: when you're finished with all episodes, will you combine them into a large mansion ??

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #7 - 03.02.2007 at 23:24:15

aquaMat wrote on 03.02.2007 at 23:21:44:
...One question: when you're finished with all episodes, will you combine them into a large mansion ??

Due to object I.Ds resetting and all, no. I wont. - AND - How will jack Tele-Port from place to place?

IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Reply #8 - 04.02.2007 at 22:29:18

This mansion sounds sweet but when I put the new MM data in (mm sprites, sounds, and graphics)It won't play for me It works with everything else. Could somebody help because I really want to play this mansion.  Sad

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #9 - 04.02.2007 at 22:30:13

Anthony wrote on 03.02.2007 at 23:19:25:
Here's StarCraft Episode 3 :: Acid Plant!

You'll need to find secrets to continue, but I won't make them count as secrets.  Smiley

Hmmm... I can't get all the secrets in StarCraft2! Argh!

I'm on the last screen where there are three switches, I see what they do but not how they help me get to $10,000. I've been over the mansion like three times but can't find the last secret. Pooooooooo!

Help?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. I am SOOOO impatient. Cheesy.

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print