Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
World high scores (Read 31955 times)
Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
World high scores
29.01.2007 at 13:41:27

@ Vern:

It is not the most important thing in the world. But I wonder if it is possible to remove all scores of a certain Denis from the lists. I can't believe that it is possible to finish any of the included mansions in 12, 8 or 5(!) minutes. These feels like a kind of hacking-work. And is not honest for the players who did it in a fair way.

IP Logged

izdale
Lost One

Re: World high scores
Reply #1 - 11.02.2007 at 13:33:51

Does anyone know how it is possible to get more points?  I just finished Nightmare Mansion on Easy and I posted my score to the high score list.  7 of the 10 people have the exact same score with 100% secrets.  The high score has almost 5,000 more points with only 60% of the secrets, and the 2nd high score has about 175 more than the rest with only 10% of the secrets!!  How did they get those other points?

~izdale

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #2 - 12.02.2007 at 07:50:34

When you check all the world high scores, you will notice several odd scores. I asked the Big Boss to remove all the impossible ones, created by hackers. It feels too unfair to players who try to get into the top ten.

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #3 - 23.02.2007 at 06:41:39

Part of the problem is:

1) The high score lists used to be unprotected, so a couple of years ago people could easily hack it. I'm not sure if they stiill can, but obviously people like Denis can probably change their system clock or somethign like that while playing in order to mess with the elapsed time.

2) Secret counts were fixed in some mansions. But old high scores weren't changed. So maybe some people had 100% secrets, but their high score only shows 88% or somethign like that.

I've tried to remove the obvious offending high scores, but honestly I don't want to waste much time "policing" the high scores list.

What do you think.... should the high scores be "reset" sometime, at some specific date, to give new players a chance to get on? Maybe reset once per year?

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #4 - 23.02.2007 at 06:49:46

VernJensen wrote on 23.02.2007 at 06:41:39:
What do you think.... should the high scores be "reset" sometime, at some specific date, to give new players a chance to get on? Maybe reset once per year?

That could be an idea.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #5 - 23.02.2007 at 19:14:14

Yes.
Cool

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #6 - 23.02.2007 at 21:36:30

To make it even better, have a timer of how many days aprox. till reset.  Smiley

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #7 - 24.02.2007 at 05:30:48

ABSOLUTELY ... NO. Shocked Shocked

In my younger days I succeeded in arriving in the top-ten of 22 of the 24 included mansions. And to say it with brell: "must brag". I am still multiple world record holder. I don't know any sport where world records got removed each year.

BUT

The weak point NOW seems to be the time. I don't know anything about manipulating computerclocks. But it made me think about the build up of the high scores.

If there should come a completely new WORLD HIGH SCORES TABLE I should suggest first to take the % secrets in account, only then the dollars and third ... the lives left ?!?! Undecided

Just an idea.

IP Logged

izdale
Lost One

Reply #8 - 05.03.2007 at 11:57:05

See it already did no good... the player Denis has already posted new high scores on the mansions where his scores were removed from, and they are with impossible times.  Something needs to be done.

~izdale

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #9 - 24.03.2007 at 05:57:48

Indeed. Cleaned up today. Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print