Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What are Secrets? (Read 19747 times)
Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
What are Secrets?
08.02.2007 at 20:56:22

In other words: what should deserve a big blue
S
in the Editor?
(And please don't tell me this one is not blue!)

• I don't think Money or Shield etc. need to be involved. A hidden but empty room could do the trick if, say, it looks nice. Or just because Tongue
  • A bit of secrecy would be required. For instance, If I put some difficultly accessible money in a room but where all the way is disclosed, then it shouldn't be a Secret: the reward is the money itself. On the other hand, if the money is perfectly visible but the way is (at least partly) hidden, then it could deserve an
    S
  • Where, inside a Secret, should I place that
    S
    ? Say, in a big (secret) room with difficultly accessible money: should it be located in the entrance or on the money? I think that since
    S
    counts Secrets, and not Points, Jack should be rewarded by it for finding the secret room, and by the money for daring to go and get it. Thus, he could get the Secret for finding the cunningly hidden room but not the Points because he has only one life left and doesn't want to take any unnecessary risk. Even more so if the reward is a Shield (you may want to keep space in Jack's pockets for keys).

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Re: What are Secrets?
Reply #1 - 09.02.2007 at 02:00:01

Old news, boy(-tox). Wink I clearly remember your opinion about this item from one of the seventeen previous boards. Grin

And since I remember EVERYTHING from all previous boards Roll Eyes, I invite you to
A Deserted Holiday Village
. In that new mansion I tried to follow YOUR ideas about secrets. Please tell me if my secrets fit with your opinion.

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #2 - 09.02.2007 at 02:25:57

Well, I thought it might be worth reiterating in this new forum  Cheesy. Also to get other architects' thoughts on the matter: I wouldn't claim to be the ultimate authority on the question.

As for following my idea of secrets: you would be the first one! I doubt I followed them myself  Embarrassed Maybe that's why I came up with this list. Or maybe I was having a quiet Smiley when the idea struck me? (Just trying out the bath smiley, really.)

Oh, and next time (if there is one) I will keep the total amount of secrets low. This is most definitely personal taste, though.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #3 - 09.02.2007 at 02:35:43

Toybox wrote on 09.02.2007 at 02:25:57:
... Smiley ...
Oh, and next time (if there is one) I will keep the total amount of secrets low. ...

Hello Archimedes! Did you yell "eureka" when you found ... the soap?

Well, keeping the number of secrets low (or high) is something I should NOT direct. Put a blue secret-
S
, when you think it is logical. And otherwise, don't.

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #4 - 09.02.2007 at 02:51:21

Grin

I am only very lazy (and, as many mathematicians, quite bad with numbers) - so I am happy to deduce with 80% of secrets that I am missing only one or two, rather than a score like 94% which means I need to get a calculator.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #5 - 09.02.2007 at 02:54:27

Oh, now I understand why you like
Mikee's Castle
... Roll Eyes Grin

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #6 - 13.02.2007 at 06:56:22

Freddy wrote on 09.02.2007 at 02:35:43:
...Hello Archimedes! Did you yell "eureka" when you found ... the soap?...

I just read a book on Archimedes recently for school... and it wasn't a nice quiet bath, Toybox, it was very loud because Archimedes was forced into the bath!  Grin Grin

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #7 - 13.02.2007 at 08:00:29

Smiley

blub blub blub blub

Don't disturb Toybox. He is still wondering if my secret-S from my last post is really blue. Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #8 - 11.03.2007 at 19:13:44

Secrets to make is not at all so simply if one it to make wants that the other player means that is no hiding place, One can do it naturally marking which I would also recommend, but with the Layer not at all 6 alone is it so simply. In addition, there is with extras the adjustment Draw Brick on more layer 6. I switch it it that along always on and off look later in such a way as if would be there nothing  Wink

But for if I explain that actually here??  Tongue

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #9 - 12.03.2007 at 02:13:00

Smiley

blub

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print