Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dominator beta testers (Read 17444 times)
joeb
Adventurer

Re: Dominator beta testers
Reply #10 - 13.02.2007 at 00:12:20

aquaMat,

You and wingy will be 2 of the folks getting it on Friday. Haven't heard back from suztours but I'm sure she'll want to beta. I have a sequel (actually Matt's already drawing up new rooms) on the boards. Forest moon of Endor type battle with speeder cycles, AT-ST, etc.

Joe B

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #11 - 13.02.2007 at 00:16:47

Oh, by the way, no copyright issues here. Graphics are from freely licensed content, music and sounds done by Matt and me.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Photoshop, Garageband, Soundtrack Pro, Finale 2007, Audacity.

Wink Tongue

joeb

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #12 - 13.02.2007 at 04:07:41

Last Picture - Splash screen

splash2C.jpg (95 KB | )
splash2C.jpg

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #13 - 13.02.2007 at 06:06:20

joeb wrote on 13.02.2007 at 00:16:47:
...DAZ Studio, Bryce, Photoshop, Garageband, Soundtrack Pro, Finale 2007, Audacity...

When I made my StarCraft custom graphics I used:
PhotoShop CS, Color it!™ 2.5 and of course, ResEdit.

I was very simple with mine, but in the future I hope to make something really good with Bryce. I have Bryce 5 around here somewhere... I think its on my dad's G5!  Wink

Looks very facinating. I only edited the menu screen and winning screen!

I think the blizzard entertainment wouldn't bag me for a very minor custom mansion series... I'm not selling it, am I??

P.S. That droid in the last screen... looks like the one in StarWars Ep. V... the one that the big starship sends down to look at the ice planet and han solo blows up... and the main character looks like the main character in Robots movie but just red! Shocked

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #14 - 13.02.2007 at 08:21:34

P.S. That droid in the last screen... looks like the one in StarWars Ep. V... the one that the big starship sends down to look at the ice planet and han solo blows up... and the main character looks like the main character in Robots movie but just red!

I downloaded the Lightwave Probe Droid object from a free Star Wars site and used DAZ Studio to render it.
JAC is also from DAZ Studio, he's called Chomper. I bought him on special for $1.99. I have another model, Klank that looks closer to the Robots robot but he didn't look as good when I shrunk him down to the size needed for the game.

Joe B

klank.jpg (58 KB | )
klank.jpg

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #15 - 13.02.2007 at 18:06:35

brell wrote on 13.02.2007 at 00:07:02:
joeb wrote on 13.02.2007 at 00:04:49:
Thanks Freddy. I'm assuming this is the correct procedure for getting a mansion released? Also, at what point does it get it's own topic? I foresee tons of questions on the graphics, sound and play.

Thanks again,

Joe B

If I may:  YES, this is the correct procedure.  We give a mansion its own topic when the thread grows to 4-5 pages or around 50 posts.

And an other good arguement for a seperated BOARD for a mansion, is if there are so much topics about a single mansion that it becomes confusing. (S)PoG is going that way ...

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #16 - 13.02.2007 at 20:10:49

Hi Joe!
I hope you read in your first posting that I am also interested in test the Dominator mansion. Do you need my e-mail address?

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #17 - 13.02.2007 at 22:03:44

Rose,

I sent you a PM.

I now have my beta testers so I won't be needing any more. Hopefully I can get a FULL release of Dominator to the admins in a week or so based on the issues the betas come up with.

Thanks all,

Joe B

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #18 - 13.02.2007 at 22:37:47

So when will you e-mail me and the other beta-testers the Dominator mansion and data set, Joeb? By the way, you can so tell that its byrce for the background of the planet!

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #19 - 14.02.2007 at 02:54:06

The Little Professor (Matthew) decided to redo the end game rooms, about 10 of them, otherwise I could send it tomorrow. I still might. The sounds will be incomplete and none of the signs will be in place describing the new graphics so I'll have to write something up explaining them. A lot of the graphics are self explanatory but can be confusing until you get a handle on the color. The thing that I want the most feedback on is the sound. This is my first attempt at editing the sound and I want to make sure I got them right. For instance, on the zappers, which are now electric force fields, the sound has a low pitched component which I personally think sounds GREAT when you have a decent sound system hooked up. I have HK SoundSticks with a sub woofer and the low end is pretty cool. But there is a little minor pop when they turn on which I find a little annoying but others might not. While you're all looking at the game I'll be working on the sound and signs. I'll keep you posted but it looks like the end of the week. Don't want anyone missing work or school to play. I can do the mansion in a little under 90 minutes but I know it.

Joe B

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print