Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Falcon Manor Easy, Normal & Hard (Read 35212 times)
Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Re: Falcon Manor Easy, Normal & Hard
Reply #30 - 06.07.2007 at 04:30:43

I know that Alan/Falcon is fully aware of the problems. He already sent an update of the easy version to Vern, but it will not be released, because he decided to rearrange all 3 versions of Falcon Manor in a way that ALL rooms and ALL money will be within reach with one walkthrough. Per mansion, of course. Would be vast improvements, I think.

Let us say that there are ... works in progress. Wink
« Last Edit: 03.01.2008 at 04:58:32 by Freddy »  

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #31 - 03.01.2008 at 04:37:20

Freddy wrote on 06.07.2007 at 04:30:43:
Let us say that there are ... works in progress. Wink

And since I joined the forum today and not next week only because I'm trying to walk through *all* of the falcon easy and nightmare easy, I just have to ask if the works in progress also have been finished and thus included in the 1.1.1 release, or if I'm not such bad a player as I start to think?

Tried "everything" to find a way to visit all of the manor in both cases, even having the builder open trying to figure out which order I have to use the keys not to miss a single bag of coins [even though I'm on holiday, my logical thinking shouldn't be that damaged by only two weex off]

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #32 - 03.01.2008 at 04:45:46

As far as I know you cannot visit all parts of those mansions in one play.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #33 - 03.01.2008 at 04:54:57

brell wrote on 03.01.2008 at 04:45:46:
As far as I know you cannot visit all parts of those mansions in one play.

Cry

I might have to add an extra key to them then, just for my own satisfaction of having visited all of them...

but it's not the same... So when you see the "total number of points" in the builder, it's the total number of placed gold, not the total number of achievable gold? hmm... i c  Sad

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #34 - 03.01.2008 at 04:58:08

And I know even more. There are no works in progress any more. The designer of the Falcon Manors is and will be absent for a while. Therefor Vern decided not to change these mansions until he is back. Clear mistakes will of course be fixed.

To summarize: in the 3 Falcon Manors it is NOT possible to see all rooms in one visit. Sad

IP Logged

Alan Falcon
Wanderer

Vegas, baby
Reply #35 - 29.01.2008 at 18:04:52

I have to bow my head low and admit that while I was going and investigating the secret sex lives of cannibals in Guam, I completely forgot about my plans to make all of Falcon Manor accessible.   Lips Sealed

I see now what Suztours and others are concerned about -- I definitely created the mansions in a way that prevented players from being able to open all doors and visit all rooms, but I see where that is leading to confusion and frustration and Freddy disliking my mansion  Cry  So I have to try to really re-work all of this and at the same time make sure I don't break it again! 

Is this really the only built-in mansion where it is not possible to get all the coins?

I do have to mention however that I'll be getting married (yay me!  Smiley) in November (on 11/11!), and only have a few hours of free time a week right now, most of which is being put towards making a website for the wedding and other wedding plans -- so this could take a while and I wouldn't suggest anyone hold their breath.  That said, Freddy, you should still have my e-mail address, and feel free to poke me every so often to remind me that I said I'd do this!   Smiley

-------> Original Designer of 'Falcon Manor', 'Chateau de Medusa'
-------> Now making iPhone games at FalconEmpire.com
IP Logged

suztours
Explorer

Jerusalem, Israel
Reply #36 - 29.01.2008 at 18:30:08

Alan -

MAZEL TOV! Grin

Looking forward to pics and news as plans develop and of course, of the wedding itself!

suzanne

Seems like little Jack was lost in some huge mansion, but he's finally found a way out... thanks to Vern, Freddy & Brell!
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #37 - 30.01.2008 at 00:55:28

Alan Falcon wrote on 29.01.2008 at 18:04:52:

Is this really the only built-in mansion where it is not possible to get all the coins?

No.  In Nightmare Mansion (at least the easy version) it is impossible to enter all rooms in one go.

Alan Falcon wrote on 29.01.2008 at 18:04:52:
I do have to mention however that I'll be getting married (yay me!  Smiley) in November (on 11/11!), and only have a few hours of free time a week right now, most of which is being put towards making a website for the wedding and other wedding plans -- so this could take a while and I wouldn't suggest anyone hold their breath.

You mean you let your private life have a higher priority than our MM life?  Cool

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Alan Falcon
Wanderer

Vegas, baby
Reply #38 - 30.01.2008 at 17:00:52

suztours wrote on 29.01.2008 at 18:30:08:
Looking forward to pics and news as plans develop and of course, of the wedding itself!

Thanks!  I've got the domain AlanandAshly.com but the site is all still being built behind the scenes -- we are working really hard to have it done by February 1st.  Well, except for when I've been taking these MM breaks, of course. Smiley

IP Logged

Alan Falcon
Wanderer

Vegas, baby
Reply #39 - 30.01.2008 at 20:18:35

While I don't love the idea of major changes to included mansions that are intended to do more than simply try to fix a Jack-Stuck, I do feel that the modified versions of Midnight Mansion that I have just completed are justified "upgrades" to the previously included versions of Falcon Manor.  For one thing, I found one possible Jack-Stuck in Falcon Manor Hard and fixed it.  For another, Freddy has been warning everyone on these boards about upcoming changes to Falcon Manor (and thus the High Scores List for Falcon Manor) for several months now.  And finally, it does seem that the vast majority of you all want to be able to know that it is at least possible to open every door, collect every coin, and reach every secret in a single perfectly-played run-through of a mansion.    So it is for these reasons that I would like to submit my revised mansions to review for Vern.  

But!  Before I do, I'd greatly, greatly appreciate some beta testing from members here who would be willing to run through at least one version of the revised Falcon Manor and also have a look in the editor to see if I managed to introduce any new Jack Stucks or failed to achieve my goal of allowing everything (significant*) to be gotten in a single run-through.

Please contact me on these boards though PM with your e-mail address if you are willing to test at least one version of this mansion, and I will send you the file.  Once I feel that the mansions have been actually tested by someone other than just myself, I'll send them to Vern to be included in the next update of Midnight Mansion.

* Due to the design of Falcon Manor, it became necessary to include one door which the player may or may not be able to open, and which only leads to a single key of a different color.  Depending on a random choice you make earlier in the mansion, you may or may not have to use this door to swap your key for another colored key.  There is no gold behind this door, and no secrets, so at worst you would simply have a door that remains unopened, but at no actual loss to you.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print