Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Did you make it all of the way through The Pirate Invasion?

« Last Modified by: Nick on: 21.09.2007 at 19:36:04 »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Send Topic Print
The Pirate Invasion is out! (Read 98901 times)
brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: The Pirate Invasion is out!
Reply #40 - 16.09.2007 at 21:47:33

Semi-Native wrote on 16.09.2007 at 19:41:23:
ryos wrote on 16.09.2007 at 05:09:26:
There were also at least two secret keys that were completely unreachable

I also found these 2 keys unreachable. There's the yellow key in 30290 and a red key in 31904. Jack found the way to get right next to them but was unable to pick them up, even by bending down backwards and forwards. If there is another way to get them, Jack was unable to figure it out.

Any hints? Are they in fact reachable?

This is a very creative and large mansion, and Jack is enjoying exploring this huge ship. But those keys are bothering him.

Cool

Both these keys are very reachable.

Hint:  Once it was called ... Toybox novelty ... by Freddy.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #41 - 16.09.2007 at 22:09:08

rose wrote on 16.09.2007 at 20:32:44:
Bending down backwards?? How does your Jack do that, Semi-Native?? Shocked

Ha ha, I guess I didn't explain that very well. Sometimes Jack can only reach a treasure by facing away from it, and then you hit the down arrow to make Jack bend down, and he gets it.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #42 - 16.09.2007 at 22:14:34

Semi-Native wrote on 16.09.2007 at 22:09:08:
rose wrote on 16.09.2007 at 20:32:44:
Bending down backwards?? How does your Jack do that, Semi-Native?? Shocked

Ha ha, I guess I didn't explain that very well. Sometimes Jack can only reach a treasure by facing away from it, and then you hit the down arrow to make Jack bend down, and he gets it.

I don't remember having seen that.  Can you give me an example?

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #43 - 16.09.2007 at 22:15:18

TPI has been updated to version 1.1 due to minor fixes.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #44 - 17.09.2007 at 00:30:07

brell,

I found an issue in room 31695, but I can't remember exactly what it was..... while playing I noticed some problem and just scribbled the room number on a piece of paper. Too bad I didn't take notes on the nature of the problem, but I fear I got stuck there, or something like that.

LATER:

I checked the room again...I remember now: the
JS
occured, when I hopped from platform to platform, then via the skull platforms onto that little lava thing, as I suspected something there. Once all the skull platforms were gone I was stranded (=stuck) on that lava thing....with only suicide left as an option.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #45 - 17.09.2007 at 01:10:47

aquaMat:  I knew about this possibility and it will be fixed in the next update.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #46 - 17.09.2007 at 17:42:27

brell:

Just wanted to let you know that I started the game from scratch after you posted the update (and because I simply couldn't continue beyond a certain point in the old game (below the "twisted ladder").

Sorry to report:
When I played the update, the BBBs in the following rooms couldn't be read at all:  30896, 30300, 31299  !!

Also I had a Jack-stuck in room 31695, where I went to the left, couldn't open the purple door (as I didn't have a purple key), returned to 31695 where I got stuck above the ladder, as (obviously) it was impossible to do a reverse ladder-jump !!

Had to commit suicide several times, then abort and restart from last save....    Angry

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #47 - 17.09.2007 at 21:11:32

As I've said many times:  I do not know why you have these sign reading problems.  I've never encountered them and neither have my testers.

About room #31695:  The JS you think you had is an illusion!  And why didn't you take the purple key before going left of this room?

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #48 - 18.09.2007 at 04:27:16

aquaMat wrote on 17.09.2007 at 17:42:27:
Sorry to report:
When I played the update, the BBBs in the following rooms couldn't be read at all:  30896, 30300, 31299  !!(

Did you check the ... checksum after downloading? In the period of the betatesting I had once an odd experience (which had nothing to do with the BBBs btw). The cause was rather simple: something went wrong with the downloading. Once in a while that happens. Sad

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #49 - 18.09.2007 at 20:44:30

@Freddy:

No, I didn't check the checksum. Download went so smooth, I can't believe there was something wrong with it.....

@brell:

Yeah, I know you said it several times (that you didn't know what causes the BBB issue), but I just thought I'd better tell you that it's still happening.

As for the purple key:
It's not that I "didn't take" the purple key. During that particular game, before the JS happened, I didn't see no purple key in this area (I took a different path....I remember last time I arrived at the purple ddor and DID HAVE a purple key. But not this time....)

The JS being an illusion:
I had to look up in the editor what you meant....  OK, there's a tiny bit of _____ there, but how am I supposed to know that ?  Also when I tried to jump there, I still died.... it takes quite some skill to land exactly on that bit of ____.  Once you know exactly where it is, it gets a bit easier though.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Send Topic Print