Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Did you make it all of the way through The Pirate Invasion?

« Last Modified by: Nick on: 21.09.2007 at 19:36:04 »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Send Topic Print
The Pirate Invasion is out! (Read 99116 times)
Nick
Wanderer

Re: The Pirate Invasion is out!
Reply #60 - 20.09.2007 at 04:33:51

Mikee The Pirate Invasion has 289 rooms, but only about 210 playable rooms, the rest are just ocean and sky.

Test your skills and Jacks skills, play Testing Mansion8-)

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #61 - 21.09.2007 at 19:00:13

Several answers on the poll applies to me too!
I like the mansion, I have finished it but not with visiting all room (62% secrets). I have replayed it several times. I find the first part a bit boring but the rest is very OK.

i haven't got any notification on this thread since it changed to a poll thread! I guess I'll get them again after this posting!

IP Logged

Nick
Wanderer

Reply #62 - 21.09.2007 at 19:37:41

I just changed the poll so everybody can vote for more then one answer....

Test your skills and Jacks skills, play Testing Mansion8-)

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #63 - 21.09.2007 at 22:30:46

@Rose:

You really DID finish the ship ???

How on earth.....   I thought you were stranded below the twisted ladder, just like me....    Undecided   Cry   Shocked

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Scout
Wanderer

Reply #64 - 22.09.2007 at 03:48:07

Well, this is embarassing since no one else seems to be having this problem, but I'm stuck in the gold coin/silver coin maze. I don't understand whether I'm supposed to activate all or some of the levers or not; and once I get to the sign about following the silver coins, it becomes difficult to do so. And then sometimes there are two exits from a room with a coin...am I missing something obvious (...besides a brain?)

I'm enjoying this mansion but not this maze, so help would be appreciated.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #65 - 22.09.2007 at 21:53:23

Scout, you are supposed to activate all levers.  The sideways from the coin paths lead to levers, treasure, etc.  Can you describe your problem on the silver path a little better?

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #66 - 23.09.2007 at 02:09:36

Hi All,

I am loving this cruiser!!! What a great ship, and so many ways to move about, every time I play it, I find new areas to discover; hidden cabins, etc. Cool

As for those of us who could not reach the "unreachable keys", I can finally give back some of the great help I have gotten.  Not knowing what the 'Toybox Novelty' was, but having played all of Toybox's mansions (a while back admittedly), I was now bound and determined to get those fudgin keys no matter what, especially after reading they were reachable.

Since I don't know how to hide hints, I will give a tip;  Make Jack do his 'exercises' and 'push ups'!  After a bit of this he will certainly get the keys. Smiley

I hope I have not given away too much, but enough to help.

I am really enjoying being part of the MM family.

Thanks to all, Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Sandybean

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #67 - 23.09.2007 at 02:18:05

aquaMat wrote on 21.09.2007 at 22:30:46:
@Rose:

You really DID finish the ship ???

How on earth.....   I thought you were stranded below the twisted ladder, just like me....    Undecided   Cry   Shocked

Finished without the hidden rooms. Now I am nearly finishing the hidden rooms and will go on with the rest that I/Jack already knows! I don't have another life Embarrassed

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #68 - 23.09.2007 at 05:07:49

Rose,

well I just fin ished the ships too..... but even while I was finishing I realised that I had had no opportunity to get back to all those rooms I had missed. Et voilà: I ended with just 47 % secrets...... after 83 minutes. Whole areas of my map were still black !!

Hats off to you,
brell
, for the design of this monster, It must have cost you many sleepless nights..... I really love it !  But still I wish I would have a bit more "control" about how I play, where I go next etc.

The last time I played, the beginning was as usual - but (like every single time before) after about the second save, I suddenly took a completely different route than last time, discovered new rooms, a huge maze and eventually the exit too..... but missed many rooms I was able to solve last time.
What I regard as a major flaw for example: after I conquered the maze and finally arrived back on board at the back of the ship (where the pirate flag is), but right of all the corpses and zappers (30305), then I wish it would have been possible to return to the central area of the ship. But the right grey door in 30301 was closed, so it was not possible to return and finish all the rooms I had left out in the central ship area.

There should be a way to get back....

And another thing:  I found no way whatsoever to reach the hidden red key in room 31904. I saw it, I got very close, but couldn't grab it, no matter if I knelt down, or turened my back etc.  Are you aware of that.... or did I miss something ??    Undecided

But apart from these issues: great great fun to explore....

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #69 - 23.09.2007 at 05:45:58

aquaMat wrote on 23.09.2007 at 05:07:49:
... And another thing:  I found no way whatsoever to reach the hidden red key in room 31904. I saw it, I got very close, but couldn't grab it, no matter if I knelt down, or turened my back etc.  Are you aware of that.... or did I miss something ??    Undecided ...

You missed today's post from SandyBean about this issue!  Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Send Topic Print