Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
MM for PC's ??? (Read 31470 times)
Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Re: MM for PC's ???
Reply #20 - 13.01.2008 at 04:18:17

Wasn't Bo Peep from Greece?

*checks*

That's the case indeed Smiley We should make a MM Map with represented countries!

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #21 - 14.01.2008 at 03:07:47

lol Freddy lessons in latin xD
calimera!  Cheesy

crisscross24  
IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #22 - 14.01.2008 at 16:13:54

Greek? No no, that was Geek! Though they may at first appear similar, I have it on good authority that not all speakers of Greek can speak Geek.

Grin

As for Latin...um...I speak Spanish, does that count? :p

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #23 - 15.01.2008 at 01:23:52

Ehm...Ryos I'm sorry but what's Geek my translationmachine was a little surprised.. xD

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #24 - 15.01.2008 at 02:07:00

Geek is something like a Fachidiot, I think.

At different levels, there are also nerds and (heaven forbid!) dorks.

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #25 - 16.01.2008 at 02:50:15

aha O.K.  Smiley

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Alan Falcon
Wanderer

Vegas, baby
Reply #26 - 23.04.2009 at 18:58:24

I guess it's up to Vern to decide if he wants to go ahead and port MM to a PC.  But I think the easiest thing would be for SandyBean to donate her "Vintage" iMac to her Nieces kids, then buy herself a new iMac!  Or a Mac Mini, that's what I use, and it's great.  And cheap!

-------> Original Designer of 'Falcon Manor', 'Chateau de Medusa'
-------> Now making iPhone games at FalconEmpire.com
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #27 - 25.04.2009 at 01:26:47

I believe the code Vern used to create Midnight Mansion was a very Macintosh code, (You'd probably know Alan, seeing you where working with him during the making of Midnight Mansion original) that would be rather difficult to convert to Windows.

C++ is a language / code that would be good for making for both Macintosh and Windows. I think Vern didn't use this for Midnight Mansion, or he might of, just never bothered to convert to Windows. I believe Vern is using this code in an engine to make his new game, Insectoid, so  Insectoid will most probably be for Macintosh and Windows. I don't think Vern has any plans to make Midnight Mansion for Windows, but you never know.

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #28 - 30.05.2009 at 02:31:00

I would like to make a Windows port sometime, but part of me wonders if by the time that happens, the graphics might be so outdated that the whole game might need to be remake anyway. (Like at least 800x600 versions of the graphics, instead of 640x480.) And that'd be a project in and of itself.

As for language, Midnight Mansion was written in straight C. It's not the language that isn't portable, it's the APIs used. C itself goes to any platform quite easily. But the APIs used are Mac APIs for opening files, drawing things on the screen, creating windows and dialog boxes, etc. And while the game could probably be ported by someone experienced in a few months, the level editor would be a nightmare, due to the number of Mac dialog boxes it has. Each dialog box has lots of Mac code associated with it that'd be just a ton of work to port.

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #29 - 02.06.2009 at 05:43:33

Hey Vern !

The above sounds way too complicated for my lil' ole' newby computer brain to even translate into English, let alone comprehend.   Roll Eyes

Was wondering though, if you had any ETA on the MM Expansion Pack yet?   Summer is a great time for MM;  stay cool inside with the AC on and them Jack's a jumpin'...... Wink

Thanks for all your hard work on this fantastic Game,

SandyBean Smiley

PS:  to Alan:  We ARE Getting a NEW (to us) iMAC !!!   Yahoo.  We're getting a two year old refurbished one for around $700 as soon as it's available, can't wait since we only have about 400 MB of storage room left on this good ole' gal!  We're sticking with the same program of Tiger though, nothing I really want on Leopard yet.  Take care.   Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print