Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
The Four Tubes (Read 43401 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: TFT > The Four Tubes
Reply #40 - 07.04.2008 at 18:27:51

Thanks a lot, everybody, for all your nice & encouraging words !

I enjoyed building The Four Tubes a lot, probably more than any of my previous mansions (maybe because it was the first one that I sketched out on paper before I started to build).

I even thought about making an edited version for the Expansion Pack (should it ever appear) !?!

BTW, has anybody managed to end with all secrets (and all money)  found, yet ??

Note:
For 2 days now my hi-speed internet access is either very slow or not working at all (e.g. for this reply I had to wait 20 mins. until the page "materialized") !! 
So I probably won't be able to participate that much until the fault has been found and the speed is "back to normal" !

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Reply #41 - 27.04.2008 at 08:07:54

Whee, that was so much fun!!! Congrats on a great mansion!

I only finished with 58% secrets, however. Embarrassed I couldn't figure out how to get into the last tube since my key was the wrong colour.

The order in which I accessed the tubes was (highlight to see):

Blue, red, and yellow, making green the tube I couldn't enter. I finished the yellow with a blue key that let me explore the second part of the mansion. Oh, and I did find the final yellow key, though!

ETA: I played again by accessing the tubes in a different order and was able to finished with 97% or so of the secrets. Yay!

Arevn
« Last Edit: 28.04.2008 at 03:57:49 by arevn »  

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #42 - 28.04.2008 at 15:11:41

Am I playing an old version, or just missing something? I seem to remember a blatant lack of BBB for one of the tubes (that is, no "The Green Tube" announcement - although maybe it is another colour).

Huh

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #43 - 30.04.2008 at 02:20:28

@Toybox:

You are right. In the first (or first two) versions I accidentially ommitted the BBB for the green tube !
This has neem fixed in the meantime, although I'm not sure whether that update has already been released. (I'll check later).

@ arevn:

As I said before:  No matter in what order you travel through the tubes you will always be able to finish (= access the final section).
If you didn't in that one instance, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the "tube order" but was due to some other oversight of you (and I guess I know which).

The whole door/key color system is very logical, it works similar in every tube.

IP Logged

Scout
Wanderer

Reply #44 - 30.04.2008 at 04:17:52

Thanks for the fun game, AquaMat.

I have questions (as usual!). One of them seems to have been answered above; I only have the red tube left to access but have no red key, so assume that I missed a red key somewhere...

The other is - I think - room 14303 with the pillars. I'm just not getting where Jack is supposed to launch himself to from that vibrating brick. Have gone through more lives than I care to admit here, and would be grateful for a clue if you can do so without ruining it for the others.

Thanks
Scout

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #45 - 30.04.2008 at 05:56:41

@ Scout:

Thanks for the nice words !!

As for your question:
You should simply try to get back to "safe ground" (e.g. the top of the column that has the "vibrating brick" in it) and from then on continue your way upward....

Does that help ?  (I'm not completely sure I understood your question correctly !?)

@ arevn:

Addition to my reply above:
In the meantime I have tried to duplicate your behaviour to find out what your problem might be.....  I sent you a PM about it.

However, starting with the BLUE tube is definitely just as possible as any other order.

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #46 - 12.08.2008 at 20:20:22

Hello,

After the 4 tubes, in the next section.....room 13704....bottom ledge.  How to open the grey door.  I did it the 1st time, now I can't remember.  It's been days & still I can't figure out how to open that darn grey door (just before the moving belt.)

Any suggestions?   Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #47 - 12.08.2008 at 21:10:17

Hi again, Missy,

there is no grey door in room 13704.... but maybe you are talking about the grey door in room 13504 (the room directly above it) ???

Other people have asked this question before....so maybe it helps if you check in the depths of the "Four Tubes" thread...

But I'll give you one hint:

The grey door can NOT be opened from the right side !!!

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #48 - 15.08.2008 at 01:53:12

I really can't understand why there are apparently a few people who have real problems with this room, whereas I (and probably most of the other players) find that area in TFT quite straight-forward.

Anyway, I give you one more hint:

As the grey door in question cannot be opened from the right side, it surely must be opened from the other, the left side....  An area you get to only a bit later in the game.

So when you are now RIGHT of the grey door in 13504, I advise you to simply forget it for a while and continue with what's left right of that door etc.

Should you be already LEFT of the grey door....well, then you only need to look for the hidden switch.

Did that help ??

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #49 - 15.08.2008 at 17:03:45

Missy, there are NO glitches in any of the custm mansions.

Btw. Palace of Gore is located at the same place where you found Small Palace of Gore

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print