Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Send Topic Print
News corner (Read 62642 times)
Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Re: News corner
Reply #10 - 22.07.2008 at 16:01:04

Thanks for all the replies so far. Currently, I have the feeling that we need a kind of pre-homepage with only the super-priorities:

1° how to become a member with posting rights;

2° info about the existence of custom mansions and where to find them;

3° hot news (e.g. the release of a new version of MM).

While I think further about this idea and its technical consequences, I await once again for your reactions. Thx.

EDIT

And:
4° the abscense/attendance of admins.

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #11 - 22.07.2008 at 18:15:59

Freddy wrote on 21.07.2008 at 23:13:19:
Maybe the general link to the CMs, which was the last line of the previous news-text?

That sentence was: "You'll find all the custom mansions here!"

I think that was quite good. It's quite hard to get feedback from non-forumites, because, well, they don't post in the forum.

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #12 - 22.07.2008 at 20:12:17

sherryl199 wrote on 22.07.2008 at 10:15:09:
What is involved in being a beta-tester?

http://www.actionsoft.com/forums/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1191105052

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #13 - 22.07.2008 at 20:35:43

I'm fully with you, Freddy.

I also agree wholeheartedly to what Sherry said (in her post called Reply 2) !

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #14 - 22.07.2008 at 20:49:25

re:  CM....I agree, the whole thing took a long time to figure out.  Again, spending time searching the entire forum to get a handle on what they are and how to play them, WHEN A NEWBIE cannot even get to post.
I had to find the buying page/download new purchase page of MM, and  email Vern (got his name from hours of reading posts) and bother the poor man with questions.

For some reason, some CM's save does not work lately so I just gave up playing them.  I do get to the save point and save the game, all is well if I continue playing, however, if I save and come back later......the save is in my save list, but after clicking on it I get a pop up stating there is no save.......that is why I now stopped playing the CM's   Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #15 - 22.07.2008 at 21:50:25

Missy, you open the saves from within the game, not in the Finder.

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #16 - 22.07.2008 at 21:58:46

Hi Brell,

What is Finder?

I go to the main menu page, I select "Open Game", a pop up appears "Choose File" and I select the saved game.  Some work, but lately, after downloading the full CM folder, I started to experience this problem.  So I deleted all the downloads.  I started again and now all of them are doing this.  Maybe there's a download glitch.  I will delete and start all over again.

I have to go to the doctor shortly, when I have time, I will make note of the games and let you know.

Thank you soooooo much for your concern.  Your an   Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

Jackie
Wanderer

Washington State, USA
Reply #17 - 22.07.2008 at 23:54:01

Missy wrote on 22.07.2008 at 12:10:35:
Also, if I want to find info re custom mansion i.e.: a chat about problem solving or clues, I type the name into your little search window (above right) and nothing.
Very frustrating and time consuming searching each and every post to find the mansion dialogue

I have also been wondering if there is some way to sort the 13 pages in the Talk forum into individual CMs.  Time after time  I have cruised through all the pages to try to find a hint. A search done on the pages is not helpful.

Jackie

Hopelessly lost but making good time.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #18 - 23.07.2008 at 00:00:06

Finder is what you see when you start your Mac.  Don't worry about that, your problem lies elsewhere.

First, all custom mansions MUST be in the Custom Mansion folder within the Midnight Mansion folder.

Second, all saves should be in /Library/Application Support/Midnight Mansion/Saved Games folder within your home folder.  That is where the game puts the saves.

Now, if you remove or replace a custom mansion with a new version or move it outside the Custom Mansion folder, then the save file cannot find the corresponding custom mansion and the game quits.

It seems to me that you have messed up with the Custom Mansion folder within the Midnight Mansion game folder.  You should download the custom mansions again and be sure to put them in the correct folder.  Then play the mansions again and make new saves, overwriting the old ones.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #19 - 23.07.2008 at 00:07:10

Jackie wrote on 22.07.2008 at 23:54:01:
Missy wrote on 22.07.2008 at 12:10:35:
Also, if I want to find info re custom mansion i.e.: a chat about problem solving or clues, I type the name into your little search window (above right) and nothing.
Very frustrating and time consuming searching each and every post to find the mansion dialogue

I have also been wondering if there is some way to sort the 13 pages in the Talk forum into individual CMs.  Time after time  I have cruised through all the pages to try to find a hint. A search done on the pages is not helpful.

Jackie

No, that is not possible.  That is why Freddy and I wanted to have a separate board for each mansion in the beginning:  To make it easier for the users to find what they are looking for.  But the majority of users said this would make the page way too long and with more that 90 CM's it surely does.  To compensate, we did two things:
1. The five newest mansions plus Catacombs have a separate board each.
2. Threads on other custom mansions in the Talk board are identified by an abbreviation, like TPI = The Pirate Invasion.
3. See also Hall of custom mansions where all CM's are listed along with this abbreviation system.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Send Topic Print