Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
News corner (Read 62615 times)
brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: News corner
Reply #100 - 17.08.2008 at 00:40:59

Hi Missy.

Actually you don't "grab" vitamin D, your skin converts cholesterol into calciferol (D) when it absorbs uv light.  Cool

Thank you for your understanding.  Don't hesitate to post your ideas on making a better forum.  Your points about the admin absence schedule have made it clear that we have to change that.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #101 - 17.08.2008 at 03:27:59

Thx brell. With all your admin-experience, of course you are right.

Let us all keep in mind that we were talking about the news corner. So, please relax and keep in mind that it is all about the forums of only ... a game!

We, admins, are giving the best of us in our spare time. When I said somewhere else that I 'saw' 4.400 emails yet, besides all private mesages and posts, that was not to brag or ask for pittyness. Just to tell that we, admins, are doing unknown things behind the curtains to help any body as good as poosible.

Now, several years of experience on all THREE forums-websites that Midnight Mansion had yet, learned me that we had an immense increase of custom mansions. When I did start with MM, there was only one real (but bad) CM. Now we are close to 100.

So about the CMs I have one amazingly important question to everybody in the world: guests, newbies etc. Shouldn't it be better that we have a good ENCYCLOPEDIA for our custom mansions (and btw also for our included mansions), than a shortlist of the most recent five????

I am well aware of pro and contra. Really. But I wonder if Newbies do not deserve the advantage?!?! Especially the not-experienced MMF-members will have difficulties about finding answers or ... the lack of any answer. I can imagine that when a MM-player (MMF-member) is looking for an answer about e.g. Nightmare Mansion Hard, that he/she hopes to be able to search in a logical way.

Please reply about this important issue. And keep in mind that previous questions about this issues ended in the hope that the number of boards stayed limited.

I await your replies about the encyclopedia-issue and then, I think, we need to close down this topic for us, admins, to act. And then improve our boards in combination with version 2.2.3 of YaBB.

IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #102 - 17.08.2008 at 08:07:06

Hi Freddy,

Could you explain the encyclopaedia idea a bit more? And shall we have  a new thread?

Smiley

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #103 - 17.08.2008 at 09:49:06

Lara wrote on 17.08.2008 at 08:07:06:
Could you explain the encyclopaedia idea a bit more? ...

What I mean is that there could be
one board for each custom mansion
. And btw, also
one board for each included mansion
. Since, like brell pointed out, one topic for a mansion doesn't work.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #104 - 17.08.2008 at 10:14:55

Smiley About reading instructions. Smiley

In the manual of my microwave is written, that one may not dry the cat in the microwave, after it was out in the rain ... Huh Roll Eyes Huh Roll Eyes Angry Angry

When someone buys a new car, who reads the instructionbook first? Shocked

What I want to say is in a matter of fact rather simple. From a lot of new owned technical things, one may expect that it is possible to start those things without reading the 300 included pages with instructions. BUT it is obvious as well that if one encounters any hurdle, one has to dive in the manual to find out how to jump over it.

Grin I have something with jumpings these days. Grin I think aquaMat is to blame. Wink

Well. Talking about Midnight Mansion. The tutorial game explains a lot of things. And the documentation- and FAQ-files almost all the other features. So our MMF is for esoteric stuff only. Cool Grin

IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Encyclopaedia
Reply #105 - 17.08.2008 at 19:42:09

Word up Freddy...

One Forum Per Mansion idea:

Top Level:        Midnight Mansion Games

Sub Level 1:     Included Mansions

Sub Level 2:     Knight Mansion
                      Nightmare Mansion
                      Falcon Manor
                      House of Baron Garneau
                      Castle Doom
                      Cathedral Towers
                      Chateau de Medusa
                      Spider Palace

Then within each mansion forum there will be any thread that a person creates.

Freddy, is this basically your idea?

This would then be duplicated for the CM:

Top Level:        Custom Mansion Area

Sub Level 1:     Custom Mansions

Sub Level 2:     A Curious Observatory
                      Catacombs
                      Creepy Cottage
                      etc...

Or is this far too much work?

Smiley

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #106 - 17.08.2008 at 20:22:57

@ Missy, Lara, ... :

Our MMF-website has 'categories' like Free Chat.
A 'category' has 'boards' or 'forums' like Forums Issues.
And a 'board' or 'forum' contains the 'topics'.

The idea of Lara is not new, but we are short of one (sub-)level between a board and the topics. And that is a pity. Sad Cry

But, since it possible to shrink a category to 2 lines, why would it be a problem that a category contains 100 boards. And we can also make 'a few' categories for all our custom mansions:
CMs A-D
CMs E-K
etc.

Please go on with brainstorming. Thx.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #107 - 17.08.2008 at 20:34:19

An idea is to split the current Custom Mansions Area in several categories. Maybe something like:

1. Building and uploading a new mansion yourself
2. Downloading of approved custom mansions
3. Talk about approved custom mansions A-...
etc.
7. Not-approved mansions.

Undecided

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #108 - 17.08.2008 at 21:19:29

Smiley At the new boards of the 2 newest custom mansions, as an experiment, you may see an other advantage of one board for each mansion. On top of all topics you will find a sticky that gives you a shortcut to the downloadpage.

I truely believe that this is an improvement. And that is more or less what we need right now. More and better links, so the disadvantage of many boards in a category doesn't feel that bad.

IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #109 - 17.08.2008 at 21:39:08

Freddy wrote on 17.08.2008 at 20:34:19:
An idea is to split the current Custom Mansions Area in several categories. Undecided
Excellent plan! I vote yes! Smiley

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print