Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Version 1.0 released (Read 6158 times)
Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Version 1.0 released
28.09.2008 at 21:50:14

Panther Mansion
is an easy mansion in the same vein as the easy included mansions. Good for beginning players.
Size: around 80 rooms.
Includes one custom background.

The easiest and fastest way to download this new mansion, is by going to the 'important topic' (sticky) on top of this board.

Btw, there are strong rumours about more mansions with cat names to come ... Wink And Catwoman also seems to be the brain behind all the versions of mac osx! Cool

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Re: Version 1.0 released
Reply #1 - 29.09.2008 at 03:07:29

Very nice mansion, Catwoman, thank you! It does remind me of the original included mansions. I'm looking forward to your future mansions, too.
Cool

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #2 - 02.10.2008 at 01:05:44

Very nice, very complete mansion. It's sort of like MM 101. It will be a great mansion for those new to the game - easy enough to conquer eventually and hard enough to make them want more.

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #3 - 03.10.2008 at 22:25:31

How great that we have a new designer and a new easy mansion (although Panther Mansion is a bit too easy for my taste  Wink).

But I found a few issues in Panther Mansion which need fixing.
Unfortunately I didn't write down the room numbers, so I have to check again and report them later.

Here are a few examples:

In one room there is a not properly "terminated" room border, which results in Jack falling a few rooms deep and dying.

Another issue is the typical problem of too many poles in the mansion after the use of which the player has no chance to finish earlier rooms he might not have visited yet. This is especially a problem in a mansion like PM which is pretty to get "lost" in.
Of course one could argue that it's the player's own job to avoid taking a pole too early.
But in a otherwise very easy mansion I feel this pole problem should be at least hinted at by the designer (via a BBB, for example) or completely avoided.

Also there is a JS in room 18113, where it is possible to jump onto the right conveyor belt (and even higher onto the closed trapdoor) and once there Jack is forever stuck.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Catwoman
Explorer

New Jersey, USA
Reply #4 - 04.10.2008 at 06:26:54

Thanks for the feedback and comments everyone. Yes, it's probably too easy for most of you seasoned players.   Wink

Yes, someone has pointed out to me the pole issue at the end. I figured a BBB would be a good solution to warn the player.

I am amazed at where various players Jack goes-- regarding room 18113.  Tongue  Really, I find it fascinating how we each play so differently and think so differently.

And yes, the rumor Freddy mentioned is true. I will be building more mansions. But no, I'm not responsible for all of the OS X versions.  Cheesy

I throw myself against walls.
IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #5 - 27.10.2008 at 10:05:50

Hi Catwoman!

Is Batman somewhere in the background for you, or are you working solely on your own?

I enjoyed your first creation, Panther Mansion, and was thrilled to find a few places that were hidden, showing you are on your way to becoming a great CM builder.  

It is always good to have new mansions, whether they are extra difficult (ie; almost impossible....... read 'some of our original thinkers', not mentioning any names here!), and some that are of medium difficulty, keeping the player trying for more, or the good basics that are easy, and leave one's mind to just enjoy the experience.

Thank you for your CM, and I hope you continue to build new mansions and challenge yourself to be bolder and more 'on the edge' each time.

Hooray for Catwoman !!!!  Cheesy

Thanks,

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print