Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
JS in PomPomRouge part 3 (Read 13483 times)
Windrider
Wanderer

New York City
JS in PomPomRouge part 3
19.10.2008 at 22:44:51

HI there! First, let me say that I agree that this is an AMAZING mansion. Very difficult but beautiful and interesting.For those people who are so critical...I suggest you build a mansion of your own so that you can see the amount of work that goes into such a venture. This way, you will have first hand knowledge as to how difficult it is to find all the glitches. While I understand just how frustrating it is to discover a JS or CD, these boards should be thought of as a community where constructive criticism can help fine tune a massive undertaking like designing a new mansion. And lastly, it is most important to find the positives and commend the designer for a job well done.

That having been said. I too discovered a JS (I think). Any way out of here? When I go left, I fall down into room #18502 from where I can get nowhere.Oops! Now am stuck in the upper left corner of 18502.

« Last Edit: 25.10.2008 at 16:51:20 by Freddy »  

Picture_5_001.jpg (118 KB | )
Picture_5_001.jpg

IP Logged

Windrider
Wanderer

New York City
Re: JS in PomPomRouge
Reply #1 - 19.10.2008 at 22:45:51

Now I'm here.

Picture_6.jpg (136 KB | )
Picture_6.jpg

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #2 - 19.10.2008 at 23:06:05

Hi Windrider! Nice to hear from a newer forum member!

I haven't succeded to get that far in the Palais so i just want to give thedefinition of a Jack Stuck (JS).

JS = When Jack is in a spot he can't get out of by any other means then the player restarts the mansion from the latest saving point.

It looks to me that your Jack can meet an unwanted death and get out of the spot that way, or is he reappearing in the same spot???
« Last Edit: 20.10.2008 at 01:08:48 by rose »  

IP Logged

leo
Wanderer

Reply #3 - 19.10.2008 at 23:30:01

Hi Windrider!

I am glad you like the mansion and I thank you for your words of approval.

You definitely discovered two JSs there. Sorry!
I fixed it and I will send the new file to the admins asap!

Leo

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #4 - 19.10.2008 at 23:55:21

Hi Windrider,

Firstly, I wish to thank you very much for understanding that yes, to find a J.S. is very hard.  And that yes, when we find one, it should be posted with respect.....not an attack.  I agree with you....it should be a community affair to help fine tune the incredible work that goes into making a mansion and testing one.

In respect to your pics, I do know this spot very well.  And I agree with Rose.....this is not a J.S.  I have landed there, as that level need many changes, so I had to go thru that level over and over.  That particular lava area was very hard for me to get thru, so Leo built me a temporary disappearing beam, to get over the lava.  But I only jumped up there once and discovered, firstly, that Jack could die to get out, and secondly, that that was the wrong direction to go, so Jack didn't go there again.  

Jack is not stuck there.....he can fall to his death.....that is why I did not report it.  The rules stated that a JS is when he can't get out and you have to close the game to get out, thereby loosing all your progress.  Perhaps we should include this sort of thing as well???  

But it was nice that Leo changed it. That spot really bothered me.  I should have mentioned it. But having said that, there are many places like that in many mansions, and they do not consider it a JS, because Jack can fall to his death.

Again, thank you for pointing it out kindly.
BTW, I think there was another beta tester on this mansion....Leo, was there?  If yes, then two people, playing very differently still have missed JS.....doesn't that tell it all.....hmmmmm.

Missy

IP Logged

leo
Wanderer

Reply #5 - 20.10.2008 at 02:10:16

Sorry, Missy, but I am afraid this really was a JS. I tried everything but nothing worked. If you walk back to the room on the left, you fall down to the next room, where you either fall and die instantly or land on a ledge from where you can only fall to your death. If you walk right, you fall down instantly and die. So, yes, you can get out of there, but it will cost you a life and you will reappear in any of the "stuck"-situations. Maybe you mix that up with the other JS situation in the temple area that we fixed and that looked very similar?

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #6 - 20.10.2008 at 02:34:24

hmmmm Ok, sorry......I do remember jumping up there.  Because I was upset that Jack had to die after it took me so long to get to the ladder (before you put up the beam).  But I don't remember making him jump to the right of the lava pic.  I only made him jump left, so he could die.

Sorry, that's two missed JS.....after all this I makes me want to give up beta testing for good.

Missy

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #7 - 20.10.2008 at 03:39:52

Missy -

I think one thing that made PP so difficult to test is its number of spaces, crevasses in which to fall. A fall while pressing the R arrow key will produce a different result from pressing the L arrow key, or the space bar, or the space bar and R arrow key, and so on and so on. Holding the key down during the fall will be different than pressing it for a short time. Unless one makes beta-testing a mansion of the size and fantastic complexity of PP a true full time job, there is no way any one or more testers can possibly hit every possible key or combination of keys that every player might press. JS's happen! You all did a fantastic job to miss so few errors in this amazing mansion.

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

Windrider
Wanderer

New York City
Reply #8 - 20.10.2008 at 03:45:07

You are right, I do have to get my terminology down but was confused. First when I fell down into room...gosh I forget numbers but anyway...I was stuck in the bricks in the upper left and died if I went right. Then on one try I wound up on the outside (to the left of the bricks) as you see in the picture, I keep reappearing there and have no recourse except to die. I restarted from my last save and am trying to go through this area in another way.

Missy, this is a massive mansion and I think you did a great job. Don't be discouraged! From the sound of things, not too many others stepped up to the plate so-to-speak and a mansion of this size is a lot of work to design AND beta test. You should feel great about your accomplishments! I think people have to think that a new mansion possibly needs some tweaking and that is why those that design do updates. We can still enjoy the mansion and also enjoy being a part of the process....which is what this is all about anyway....enjoyment!

IP Logged

leo
Wanderer

Reply #9 - 20.10.2008 at 03:54:03

Windrider's right Missy. Don't even think about giving up beta-testing. PP was a 300+ rooms mansion and you missed like what... 2.5 JS? Come on! That's an awesome average, especially - as Sherryl pointed out - with so many different ways to die or get stuck.

I'll say it again as often as you need to hear it: You did a great job testing PP and it is TOTALLY appreciated!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print