Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Jack Stuck (Read 23671 times)
Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Jack Stuck
24.06.2009 at 19:47:50

Great Game, Thank you

I think that there is a JS.  He fell from the room above.

Picture_2_021.png (106 KB | )
Picture_2_021.png

Missy

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: Jack Stuck
Reply #1 - 25.06.2009 at 22:08:51

I remember having tried (during building) to "step off" the block in the room above that ....to see if I could land where you are.
I never landed there alive.

However, apparently you landed there while trying to go back (in the room above)....and then, it seems, you missed the grey (disappearing) platform.

This, honestly, I hadn't checked.

So this is what I call a semi-JS ....and it will be fixed in the next UD. ***

Thanks for letting me know.

***Until then: jump to your death to be able to continue ('cause that's what will happen anyway, once this is fixed: Jack will die instead of landing there alive!  Cool )

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Reply #2 - 26.06.2009 at 02:15:21

I have another one. Room 18694. I took the middle left ladder without activating the platform first and fell to the bottom left ladder. I knew I could do that drop and land without dying, so I thought it was a real route, but I found myself unable to get back.

Pity, until I got stuck I thought this was a very clever way of hiding a legit path!  Cheesy

So, perhaps that middle left ladder could be a tad shorter to prevent someone from dropping from it to the platform below?

(LOVED this mansion!)

Arevn

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #3 - 27.06.2009 at 07:18:30

Too bad..... this one apparently slipped thru the cracks during our beta-tests.  Nobody of us tried to go down there without activating the platform first....and I honestly thought Jack couldn't survive this fall anyway.

It's a pity.... 'cause now I have to make the ladder 1 unit shorter.....which definitely doesn't look nearly as good.

But at least Jack won't survive the fall anymore then.

Thanks for telling me.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #4 - 27.06.2009 at 07:32:01

Meanwhile I checked it.
I found a way to make the ladder a bit shorter but have it still look nearly as good..... (I still preferred the old look, however).

Anyway - it will be in the next UD..... and dropping down there alive (without actrivating the platform first) will no longer be possible.

IP Logged

arevn
Explorer

Canadian cyberspace

Canadian cyberspace
Reply #5 - 28.06.2009 at 01:50:00

Glad to help. I can't believe I made that mistake TWICE!!!  Grin

Areven

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #6 - 20.07.2009 at 07:29:22

Hi aquaMat -

Not sure if this is a JS or if I cannot find the answer - fell from above- he's in the upper right. I can 'squirrel jump' down to the lower platform. If Jack dies, he just reappears where he is now.
Thanks -

Picture_1_038.png (174 KB | )
Picture_1_038.png

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

zipwin
Wanderer

Reply #7 - 20.07.2009 at 20:31:46

This is a wonderful wrinkle. Not a Jack stuck. Go back out of the room and re-enter and see if you can go down then.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #8 - 21.07.2009 at 02:30:21

Hi sherryl199,

we came across exactly this problem during beta-testing....so I did something against it PRIOR to the release version 1.0. So it is no longer possible that Jack falls from the room above and lands there ....

... UNLESS you are playing a BETA version of The Complex !

Please check if you are really playing version 1.0.

In the room above this spot is a zapper beam that prevents Jack's falling to the room below.

PS:  It has been changed already before (beta) version 0.9.6. I have just re-checked it.

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #9 - 21.07.2009 at 04:37:50

I am using version 1.0 - I cannot seem to duplicate it although I've tried!

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print