Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Discussions of the quality of custom mansions (Read 5790 times)
brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Discussions of the quality of custom mansions
30.08.2009 at 18:39:36

Dear MMF members.

It is with some reluctance I step forward to write this but Freddy and I agree it has to be done.  I sincerely hope that no one will misinterpret this post.

First let me say that I wanted the Headline to be "The silence of the forum and discussions of the quality of custom mansions".  It has happened before that the MMF has gone silent or almost so after Freddy or I have had to interfere with discussions that have led to members accusing each other of inappropirate behaviour against other members.

Next, I will quote Freddy in his post where he explains why he locked aquaMat's topic about the quality of beta testing in the custom mansion Veronica's ladders (which is a good mansion but might have had a more thorough testing):

"1° none of our MMF-members is trying to harass mansion builders or beta-testers in any way;
2° none of the mansion builders and beta-testers can't handdle the reports of mistakes."

These two points are very important to all of us.  We MUST be able to discuss the quality of custom mansions WITHOUT being accused of "picking on", "harassing" (or whatever) the beta testers or the CM builders.  Only that way are we able to keep up the quality of the custom mansions, which we all want to have at as high standard as possible.  When I said "which is a good mansion but might have had a more thorough testing" above I did not intend any pun at the tester or the builder.  I do not even know who tested the mansion (and usually I don't know which member(s) is/are testing each mansion).  I was just agreeing with aquaMat on his subject.  I do have the right to have an opinion on this matter and so does everyone else.  In fact I welcome (and expect) critics on my own building and testing abilities, which I regard as efforts to make me a better builder/tester.

I have sometimes seen members posting that MM "is just a game" and that's why we shouldn't be too concerned about the CM's regarding JS, HJS and cd's.  I agree that it is "just a game" but that does not mean that we should accept flaws in the CM's.  In fact I know that some members give up on playing some CM's, not because of the difficulty but because of too numerous flaws in the CM's.  Again this is not said to discourage any builder or tester.  On the contrary I want do encourage both builders and testers (including myself) to become even better in making and testing CM's to the benefit of us all.

While this debate Freddy locked (and another one not locked - yet) was going on I received a few PM's and e-mails from members that were truly concerned about our forum and how to stop this attitude that critisizing the CM's is the same as bullying the testers or builders.  I don't have a patent solution for that.  I can only repeat what Freddy said:

"1° none of our MMF-members is trying to harass mansion builders or beta-testers in any way;
2° none of the mansion builders and beta-testers can't handdle the reports of mistakes."

... and ask members to reread the rules of posting by Vern.

I do sincerely hope that this will come to a stop now and that we can all participate in discussions about the quality of custom mansions without being accused of inappropriate behaviour.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

BO PEEP
Lost One

GREECE
Re: Discussions of the quality of custom mansions
Reply #1 - 30.08.2009 at 21:11:30

Well said Brel

Your comment on reading the rules /guidelines identifies where the core of the problem is . I know I have read every advice guideline written and know this is the key to understanding what this site is about.
You put it very well when you mentioned some remarks made identified the premise of "only a game". I know I take my playing very seriously and like to identify where my skill is lacking or where a fault prevents continuity.
This is a really good site and I am glad you have spoken out about the last few weeks posts.
Regards to everyone
Bo Peep

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #2 - 31.08.2009 at 08:10:50

If I may be able to add a bit to what Brell said...

We're just lots of fans on the game's forums trying to have as much fun as we can with what we can create with the game Vern and his crew made.

Smiley

These are real people on the forums, and we have real feelings.

No negativity and all that jazz is needed. We want to have fun.

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #3 - 01.09.2009 at 01:57:30

Thanks Brell and Freddy, for reminding us all what it is to be a forum family, and help MM maintain the high standard of quality it is known and valued for.  

Fun, like Wingy says, is why we are all part of this, and having just returned from my own very fun vacation at a Guest Ranch, horse-back riding 6 hours a day, I am ready for more fun with Jack !   Grin

Take care all !

SandyBean Smiley

PS:  Wingy; I love your new Avatar, very refined ! Wink

IP Logged

Catwoman
Explorer

New Jersey, USA
Reply #4 - 02.09.2009 at 07:10:36

Very well said Wingy!  Grin

Thanks again to Brell and Freddy for all the hard work you do.

I throw myself against walls.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print