Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Midnight Mansion 1.2.0b Released (Read 10150 times)
VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Midnight Mansion 1.2.0b Released
29.05.2010 at 08:18:31

Version 1.2.0b has just been released and has the following improvements:

- Fixed conveyor belts so that levers/triggers/switches that affect them, and are marked with "Action is permanent", it really is permanent if you leave the room and come back. Also fixed "Action is default room state" to work correct.
- Fixed a spot in Cathedral Towers Hard, room 14692, where Jack could jump up a wall under the blue door and get past the door without opening it, thereby getting stuck.
- Added "Comments" field to "Mansion Options" in the Level Builder. Great place to store version information about the mansion.
- When you first open a mansion in the Level Builder, the Open Room dialog now automatically centers around the mansion's starting room, as set in the Mansion Options dialog.

The conveyor belt fix is actually somethign that affected some built-in mansions, such as Nightmare mansion. When you go down the left fork, you'll now encounter a conveyor belt that is *off* to start, and a lever turns it on. Previously, this conveyor belt was ON, and the lever turned  it off, which made little sense, since you need it on to progress. Haha.

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Re: Midnight Mansion 1.2.0b Released
Reply #1 - 10.06.2010 at 00:41:06

When i go to Actionsoft's home page it does say Midnight Mansion 1.2.0. I also downloaded it and it is just the version vern said.

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #2 - 10.06.2010 at 01:12:36

Ok, I now see what is going on.  I had the OLD Action Soft Page in my Bookmarks.  Thank you so very much Rose for helping me out.

Missy

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #3 - 10.06.2010 at 01:22:13

Good you found out what was going on, Missy!

IP Logged

Skally
Lost One

We love the Midnight Mansion
game and all members
of the Midnight Mansion
Forums

Reply #4 - 01.09.2010 at 20:45:58

I have a really old version of MM on my Mac, 1.0.?. Can I update this to the new version under my license? I have a problem in Chateau Medusa (hard) which I think may be a bug which has been fixed and I want to finish MM1 before I start on MM2 which I am currently downloading.  Can anyone help?

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #5 - 01.09.2010 at 20:50:19

Skally, yes you can update as long as you meet the system requirements, which you'll see when you go to download.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #6 - 01.09.2010 at 20:51:33

Skally, just go to the Actionsoft website and download and install the newest version.  Contact Vern directly if your license key doesn't work.  It should work.

Welcome to the boards  Smiley

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Skally
Lost One

game and all members
of the Midnight Mansion
Forums

Reply #7 - 01.09.2010 at 21:10:41

Thanks a lot.

IP Logged

VernJensen
YaBB Administrator

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #8 - 02.09.2010 at 04:00:44

Skally, what issue are you having with Chateau de Medusa hard?

A lot of players get stuck in the beginning area, because they don't realize there are, in the dark rooms, coins in the shape of a lever. (hint hint)

IP Logged

Skally
Lost One

game and all members
of the Midnight Mansion
Forums

Reply #9 - 02.09.2010 at 05:47:03

Spot on. I thought i'd tried everything but that never occured to me! Thanks.  I'll go back and try again!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print