Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
MM HD The Dragon's Trap (Hard): floating lever doesn't function (Read 15295 times)
mick
Wanderer

Absolutely

MM HD The Dragon's Trap (Hard): floating lever doesn't function
14.11.2011 at 18:01:29

Room 19305. Lever in the upper left corner is above the plane and doesn't function.

This might be true for Dragon's Trap (Normal) too; I haven't checked it yet.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: MM HD The Dragon's Trap (Hard): floating lever doesn't function
Reply #1 - 15.11.2011 at 03:21:36

Perhaps some action by Jack is needed before trying to pull these levers?

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

mick
Wanderer

Absolutely

Reply #2 - 16.11.2011 at 09:17:38

There is always that possibility, yes.  I made an assumptive leap, as the lever was floating in midair.

I like that schooteacherish "perhaps" sentence.  Cheesy

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #3 - 16.11.2011 at 13:08:57

Both left levers and the red hatches are in the wrong place. See screen shot from MM 1

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #4 - 17.11.2011 at 00:12:01

Yes, before Jack pulls the lever he is next to.  The first picture is taken after he pulls that lever.  Fortunately all levers (and thus moving platforms) are reset when Jack re-enters the room.

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #5 - 17.11.2011 at 01:28:38

Brell, the problems are to the left, not the lever to the right! It is the two lever to the left and all the red hatches or what ever they are called in english.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #6 - 17.11.2011 at 03:08:17

Rose, I know what the "problem" is.  My guess is:

Mick's Jack pulls the lever to right, then takes the ride to the red trapdoors, jumps up the trapdoors and ends where he is now.  If he leaves the room the levers and everything else in the room will reset.

So, there is no problem.  The room is exactly as the builder intended.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #7 - 17.11.2011 at 03:14:29

Oh yes, and Jack cannot pull both blue and green levers on the same ride through this room.  That is a part of the beauty of Toybox's design.

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #8 - 17.11.2011 at 13:23:00

Are you blind Brell? The levers are hanging in the air! and the Red doors are also higher up than they should. Compare with my screenshot from MM1 (not HD). IT doesn't have anything to do with playing except when lvers are in the air you can't pull them.

IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #9 - 17.11.2011 at 13:45:07

rose wrote on 17.11.2011 at 13:23:00:
Are you blind Brell? The levers are hanging in the air! and the Red doors are also higher up than they should. Compare with my screenshot from MM1 (not HD). IT doesn't have anything to do with playing except when lvers are in the air you can't pull them.

Brell is hardly blind... I'm surprised you posted that since it seemed clear from *your* screenshot, that there are hidden blockers and that many of the blocks in the room probably move. At least one of the levers causes moving platforms to move which would result in:

- two of the "bricks" from the top-right platform moving down to hit the blockers below

- the entire row of green moving platforms on the top "ledge" to likewise shift downward (causing the lever to be inaccessible and the trapdoors to "seem" higher).

- the three blue blocks under the lower lever shift to the right.

Once these moving platforms hit the hidden blockers (and presumably stop) you're left with mick's screenshot. At least that's what I got from your screenshot without actually checking the room out.
« Last Edit: 17.11.2011 at 20:46:11 by Rob Seegel »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print