Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Falcon Manor normal - room 18297 (Read 3700 times)
Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Falcon Manor normal - room 18297
27.11.2011 at 20:42:51

Angry And that is why I don't like the normal version of FM as well. Why on earth is there that small brick, right of Jack, to make it impossible to get back once he used the pole ??? Angry

The result is that Jack has to make a choice between a left and a right wing. The latter one giving $ 425 more.

I know that the idea behind this concept is, to give the players a good reason for an other visit. But I still don't like it. Don't see the fun of it. Sad

FMn_18297.jpg (392 KB | 426 )
FMn_18297.jpg
FMn_18495.jpg (322 KB | 417 )
FMn_18495.jpg

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Re: Falcon Manor normal - room 18297
Reply #1 - 27.11.2011 at 22:21:53

I know, it's very frustrating when Jack can't visit the entire mansion in one game.

IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #2 - 31.12.2011 at 04:36:58

Freddy wrote on 27.11.2011 at 20:42:51:
Angry And that is why I don't like the normal version of FM as well. Why on earth is there that small brick, right of Jack, to make it impossible to get back once he used the pole ??? Angry

The result is that Jack has to make a choice between a left and a right wing. The latter one giving $ 425 more.

I know that the idea behind this concept is, to give the players a good reason for an other visit. But I still don't like it. Don't see the fun of it. Sad

I hate the exclusive forks as well, but I'm afraid you can blame me for that brick. In the original version of this mansion it wasn't a single brick there, it was the entire platform, but the end result was the same. I went through all the original mansions, and removed most of the designer-added shadows and fixed as many of the layer six problems that I could find. One of the things I counted as a problem was Jack being able to jump up and behind the screened in area above since it was in layer 6. I felt as though small things like that came across like game glitches, and drew attention to themselves.

In my first pass through, I shaved off that entire platform, so that Jack wouldn't be able to jump up as high, and for a brief while it was possible to go back. Then, in beta, I realized what I'd done and added the one brick back. It hadn't been my intent to make fundamental changes like this, as much as I would have liked to.

I did some analysis on all the mansions that had mis-matched keys/doors during beta, and made some recommendations. I generally find mansions like this the least satisfying. I personally think it ought to be a challenge to get everything in a mansion, but it should at least be possible.

IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #3 - 31.12.2011 at 04:42:41

Semi-Native wrote on 27.11.2011 at 22:21:53:
I know, it's very frustrating when Jack can't visit the entire mansion in one game.

I think the thing that makes it even more frustrating is that most included mansions aren't set up this way, so it leads you with the mistaken impression that getting everything is probably possible in mansions with forks as well - that you simply haven't found the right path. So you spend extra time looking around, jumping into walls, searching for hidden passageways for something that simply isn't possible. I hate that. I almost feel like there should be some sign or something that gives you some idea that this is the case.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print