Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
HHG with section 4 (Read 1514 times)
brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: HHG with section 4
Reply #20 - 12.12.2023 at 00:01:00

Thanks Freddy.  A new version will be ready in this week.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #21 - 12.12.2023 at 21:45:10

Freddy, I am going to answer you in one post:

F wrote:
the % found secrets is wrong.
- in contrary to the previous sections, this one is mostly one way what makes it difficult or impossible to go back to pick the missed money up (unless I am missing things).

Answer:
% secrets fixed. 
I have an idea of how to get  back but  as of now I just added a note to the first sign in my section.

F wrote:
Room 16899 (see pic).
Jack entered the room with a grey bat platform in the ULC. From previous actions I know that when Jack dies by slipping from that grey platform, he reappears in the LRC from the previous room. But when he dies in any other way except by coming from the room above with the ladder, he always reappears at the spot shown on the image. That looks weird and the solution to avoid game over is rather odd. Jack is not allowed to jump to the left by pressing the space bar and left arrow together (like on a solid floor). You need to jump up first (space bar) and only then the left button.
The starting position of the bird is in the URC. That gives a cheap death when Jack comes back from the room above.

Answer:
This is an odd behaviour indeed.  Fixed but hopefully I will later come up with more elegant solution.
Move the starting position of the bird.

F wrote:
Room 16699 is tough to execute. A trigger will activate a moving platform but since that T is invisible the odds are bad to get that platform corresponding with the zapper beam. Re-entering the room in the LRC helps, but that is where the cheap death is.

Answer:
No cheap death anymore.  Yes, this can take a lot of patience.  Best is to reenter the room and immediately run to the trigger.

F wrote:
Room 16499 (see pic).
The situation is this. When Jack starts moving to the left the waiting platform goes early down. Because he also has to consider where the bird is, it may go wrong. At it's best the platform moves without Jack to another room. That is because again and again a new platform appears. But the timing to take the platform is pretty tough.

Answer:
Fixed I hope

F wrote:
Room 16498 (see pic).
From the spot where Jack is, he may jump up the top of the gold wall. Continuing to the left leads to a cheap death.

Answer:
Fixed

F wrote:
Room 16298 deserves special attention. On pic 1 you see my Jack who just arrived in the room. It is clear that his task will be to get the key to open the door.
The second image shows that a platform and 3 pop-up blocks (with on/off-timer) did reveal. The 3 pop-ups need to create a safe way down but that is not easy at all because they got triggered at three different (invisible) places. Like it is now (on the pic) it is wrong. The moment that Jack jumps from blue to red, green disappears. Leaving the room and re-enter gives the opportunity to do a new effort. But going down to the bottom floor to leave the room is a problem on its own.
If Jack succeed in arriving at the blue door, then he may not have forgotten the key! In no way he is able to jump up the blocks. (HJS)

Answer:
I have tried activating the 3 pop-ups with different timing.  Never had any problem.  Usually I jump blue - red - wait a little - jump to green which appears while jumping.
Regarding going down to bottom floor via a squirrel jump?
There is a remedy now for key forgetting Jacks.

F wrote:
Room 16897
At the right side brings a grey sinking platform Jack down. Jumping on the gold bricks creates a HJS.

Answer:
Fixed

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #22 - 17.12.2023 at 17:12:15

Report from my early Sunday morning activities. Nothing better than hanging around in a garden!
Smiley

For the first time my Jack succeded in finishing with all money and all secrets (pic 1).

I didn't check all your fixes. Later I will surely do that. But I took notes of 'things' I saw.

First of all the sightseeing tour. If you want me to I like to do a thorough betatesting by jumping and falling all around. So far I always gave my Jack the time for a nap.

16899 The wooden platform also reveals during the sightseeing tour.

16699 Free suggestions: move the T to activate the platform slightly to the right and maybe add a coin at that spot.

16499 Very good improvement.

16498 HJS (pic 2)

16298 I like the fixing of the blue key issue very much. With typical brell-humour.
Now that I know how this room works and where exactly that the Ts are, I handle it this way.
Step 1:Jack takes the money bag and activate the platform.
Step 3:Jack re-enters the room to remove the activated green pop-up block.
Step 3:Jack activates the blue pop-up block and as soon as it reveals, he activates the red one as well.
Step 4:Jack goes down in a 'normal' way by jumping left to the blue block and then right on the moving platform.
Step 5: As soon as the red block reveals, Jack activates the green pop-up block.

(to be continued)
« Last Edit: 17.12.2023 at 18:22:54 by Freddy »  

HGoB_16296.png (260 KB | 14 )
HGoB_16296.png
HGoB_16498.png (368 KB | 14 )
HGoB_16498.png
HGoB_16298_001.png (371 KB | 12 )
HGoB_16298_001.png

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #23 - 17.12.2023 at 18:05:33

16697 In the room above, my Jack missed a jump and that is why he is hanging very dead near the left giant spider.
This room is cool because it gets complicated when the bird and the spider are moving together to the left (pic 1).
Cool

16897 My Jack did test the fixing of the HJS. A little bit later he died, reappeared in the upper right corner, used the sinking platform and jumped on the gold bricks. More rare but still a HJS.
What is the sense of the golden moving platform. Once Jack is on it (pic 2) it takes a lot of time to get on the grey one again. And is pretty hard!

16896 I like the puzzle about how to avoid death by the skeleton.

16298 Resuming. IMO the room feels too hard. Is it an idea to keep it like it is, but add a sign in the URC with some help in case of not fitting pop-up blocks? Something like: 're-entering the room may help in case of problems'.

HGoB_16697.png (356 KB | 16 )
HGoB_16697.png
HGoB_16897.png (358 KB | 13 )
HGoB_16897.png

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #24 - 17.12.2023 at 18:27:14

Freddy wrote on 17.12.2023 at 17:12:15:
First of all the sightseeing tour. If you want to I like to do a thorough betatesting by jumping and falling all around. So far I always gave my Jack the time for a nap.

Yes please.  I think I have made sure that Jack always dies if he tries to jump off but one can never be sure:

16899 The wooden platform also reveals during the sightseeing tour.

Yes, I still have a problem there because Jack CAN walk off the sightseeing platform to the wooden platform.  Not good.  Must find another solution.

16699 Free suggestions: move the T to activate the platform slightly to the right and maybe add a coin at that spot.

Good suggestion Smiley

16498 HJS (pic 2)

Yes but why should Jack walk off the blue platform?  There is nothing for him there.

16298 I like the fixing of the blue key issue very much. With typical brell-humour.
Now that I know how this room works and where exactly that the Ts are, I handle it this way.
Step 1:Jack takes the money bag and activate the platform.
Step 3:Jack re-enters the room to remove the activated green pop-up block.
Step 3:Jack activates the blue pop-up block and as soon as it reveals, he activates the red one as well.
Step 4:Jack goes down in a 'normal' way by jumping left to the blue block and then right on the moving platform.
Step 5: As soon as the red block reveals, Jack activates the green pop-up block.

Yee, this is one way to do it Smiley

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #25 - 17.12.2023 at 19:01:14

Freddy wrote on 17.12.2023 at 18:05:33:
16897 My Jack did test the fixing of the HJS. A little bit later he died, reappeared in the upper right corner, used the sinking platform and jumped on the gold bricks. More rare but still a HJS.
What is the sense of the golden moving platform. Once Jack is on it (pic 2) it takes a lot of time to get on the grey one again. And is pretty hard!

Added a sign to prevent a certain Belgian to repeat a certain jump Wink
Regarding the golden moving platform:
Added a sign
There is also a sign just before jumping on the black platform, saying "Beware of illusions..."  Added a bit to that sign.
Increased the speed of the platform.

Freddy wrote on 17.12.2023 at 18:05:33:
16298 Resuming. IMO the room feels too hard. Is it an idea to keep it like it is, but add a sign in the URC with some help in case of not fitting pop-up blocks? Something like: 're-entering the room may help in case of problems'.

Sign added.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #26 - 17.12.2023 at 19:04:04

Here is an updated version with a better solution for room 16899

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #27 - 17.12.2023 at 19:23:06

brell wrote on 17.12.2023 at 18:27:14:
16498 HJS (pic 2)

Yes but why should Jack walk off the blue platform?  There is nothing for him there.

Shocked Roll Eyes Well, my Jack completely missed his jump to the two right silver coins. See previous image.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #28 - 05.01.2024 at 00:07:05

Freddy wrote on 17.12.2023 at 19:23:06:
brell wrote on 17.12.2023 at 18:27:14:
16498 HJS (pic 2)

Shocked Roll Eyes Well, my Jack completely missed his jump to the two right silver coins. See previous image.

I just downloaded the newest version and meanwhile saw that the choice of my emoticons didn't express what I wanted. A wink was what I needed:
Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #29 - 20.01.2024 at 22:34:23

To create comfort for my Jack I first prepared better saves in the three previous sections. That lead to a save 5 with perfect score and 16 lives left. That is much more than the previous 0 that became 6 by saving.

First of all I checked if awful things may happen during the sightseeing tour on the red platform. I was surprised that everywhere Jack committed suicide he reappeared in room 17099 at the spot where he jumped onto the red moving platform.

I found one single place where Jack could land alive and that was again that odd spot in room 16897 where you already added a skull and a sign. See pic 1. In the best case he uses the skull and continues to the right. Only the $ 250 from room 17099 stay out of reach.

But if Jack comes from Belgium Wink he uses the skull and moves left to die in the gap. Then he reappears endlessly ... See pic 2. My free suggestion is: remove the sign and the skull and add an always active horizontal mini-zapper beam on top of the bricks.

Only then I did a new effort to reach the exit door. Since I built up knowledge during previous efforts, everything went smoothly. See pic 3.

Nice and very spectacular work,
brel
l !
Smiley

1_004.png (357 KB | 7 )
1_004.png
2_002.png (358 KB | 7 )
2_002.png
3_001.png (561 KB | 6 )
3_001.png

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4