Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Helter Skullter (Read 31653 times)
joeb
Adventurer

Re: Helter Skullter
Reply #10 - 08.03.2007 at 04:58:12

From Answers.com
hel·ter-skel·ter (hĕl'tər-skĕl'tər) pronunciation
adv.
   1. In disorderly haste; confusedly; pell-mell.
   2. Haphazardly.
adj.
   1. Carelessly hurried and confused.
   2. Haphazard.
n.
Turmoil; confusion.

From Wikipedia
Helter Skelter" is a song written by Paul McCartney[1][2] (credited to Lennon/McCartney) for The Beatles album, The White Album. An early example of heavy metal music, McCartney deliberately set out to make as loud and dirty a sound as possible. Like other songs on the The White Album, Charles Manson misinterpreted the song as supporting his delusional prophecies regarding a race war.

aquaMat also made a very good point about HS (Helter Skullter) fitting into the "Mansion Family", a connotation to the MANSON FAMILY let by the world famous (or at least US famous) whack job Charles Manson.

HS is merely an exercise in confusing the mind with trying to find stability (a platform to land on) in a background of movement while trying to avoid MONSTERS most of whom have a skeleton skull. HS is out in the Free Up/Down section of the forums.

Hope this helps,

Wink

Joe B

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #11 - 08.03.2007 at 10:10:55

Charles Mansion and 'family' were infamous rather than famous for hideous, heinous crimes - nothing there to want to be tied to in any way.

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #12 - 08.03.2007 at 11:20:29

Never heard of Charles MANSION although I'm sure there's one or two of them. See there, Freud just slipped past your conscious will and associated mansion with manson.
Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
How many fans of Beach Boys music realize Charlie lived with Brian Wilson and actually influenced one or two tunes. I still love to tool down the road in my SRT4 listening to 409, Little Deuce Coupe, Help Me Rhonda, Good Vibrations, Sloop John B, etc, etc.

You say potato, I say potahto, a rose by any other name. Charles was still a world class wacko. Using skullter instead of skelter also free's up the tight definition related to Charlie boy. Once again, a matter of choice as has been pointed out. If the name of a mansion puts you off, don't play it.

Cool

joeb

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #13 - 09.03.2007 at 00:01:19

You're absolute right Joe.... except I have to correct one tiny bit... it was Dennis, not Brian Wilson who - for a short while - was friends with (a pre-murder) Charlie Manson.

And the Beach Boys even nicked Manson's song "Cease To Exist" and recorded it, albeit with a different title.

And before some over-politically-correct people get upset:  My calling my new mansions "The Mansion Family" was of course mainly based on that funny word-play....and does in no way whatsoever express or indicate that I think the Tate & LaBianca murders were "cool" or something.  BUT: Manson as a figure and the whole case is indeed an interesting part of history.....  and you can accuse Manson of many things, but NOT of having no charisma or being boring.

I remember (in the early 80s) when I read Ed Sanders' interesting book "The Family"...still the best book on the subject, BTW... that I was impressed..... but not by the man, let alone his crimes.... but the whole story, with all its interesting connotations, the Beatles and Beach Boys tie-ins, Polanski, Tate..... Bobby Beausoleil, Kenneth Anger etc. etc.

Boring it ain't.

Now back to Midnight Mansion.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #14 - 09.03.2007 at 00:09:26

I thought it was a tribute to the Addams family  Cheesy

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #15 - 09.03.2007 at 03:35:22

aquaMat,

Quote:
it was Dennis, not Brian Wilson who

I stand corrected. I knew it was one of them (the Beach Boys). The Mansion (NOT MANSON) Family never even entered my mind until you brought it up. I was just thinking of Paul's words (FYI, we have the same birthday and are bass guitarists!):

When I get to the bottom
I go back to the top of the stack
And I stop and catch a ride to the bottom
And turn around and see you, yah, yah, yah

Or something to that effect, I apologize if I didn't get it EXACTLY but the thought of going up and down in a chaotic way is sort of what you need to do in HS. AND I also issue the same disclaimer about any MANSON tie-in. Just a game to design, play and share.

Joe B

IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #16 - 09.03.2007 at 03:46:57

Can I just remind everybody that Helter Skelter is generally still more recognizable as a Beatles song than anything else, regardless of any nasty side business? The name of the mansion should remind you all of happy tunes and good times! Happy tunes and good times!

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #17 - 14.03.2007 at 04:23:34

HelterSkullter has now been put on the final mansions list.  Both the hard, original version and a somewhat easier version with one save point.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #18 - 14.03.2007 at 05:38:20

OK. finished HS easy but only with 66% secrets  Sad

Must finish the hars version some day - if I only could learn not to play too quick  Roll Eyes

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #19 - 14.03.2007 at 07:44:39

Thanks brell! Hey does Freddy do an "official" announcement like with the other posted mansions?

Joe B

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print