Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Helter Skullter (Read 31651 times)
brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: Helter Skullter
Reply #20 - 14.03.2007 at 07:59:08

Yes, he does as far as I have noticed.  We always end the uploading process with an announcement although we may forget it of course sometimes.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #21 - 14.03.2007 at 10:19:10

Psychotronic -

I think feelings about "Helter Skelter" depend on your age. Of course it was a great Beatle's song. Unfortnately for those of us alive during Charles Mansion & followers' horrific killing of a pregnant Sharon Tate, her unborn baby and her friends, Helter Skelter and The Manson Family- or a take off of their names -  will never be a good name for a game or evoke neutral feelings. "It depends on how you look at it."

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #22 - 14.03.2007 at 12:07:02

sherryl199 wrote on 14.03.2007 at 10:19:10:
Psychotronic -

I think feelings about "Helter Skelter" depend on your age. Of course it was a great Beatle's song. Unfortnately for those of us alive during Charles Mansion & followers' horrific killing of a pregnant Sharon Tate, her unborn baby and her friends, Helter Skelter and The Manson Family- or a take off of their names -  will never be a good name for a game or evoke neutral feelings. "It depends on how you look at it." 

...'Kay.

I do know the story, and Manson is the first thing I think of when anyone says "Helter Skelter". And pig farms are the first thing I think of when somebody says "Green River". But I don't think words should be off-limits because they become associated with some psycho. Without the media frenzy and the public fascination, these guys wouldn't have the power (and sometimes the motivation) that they do. I feel like it's basically a healthy thing to burn through the coat of awe surrounding their crimes and to simply use words the way they were intended. Holding murderers up as a mythical embodiment of evil does just as much to prolong their legacy as joking about them or studying them does. Arguably more. I don't think this has to do with age so much as world-view.

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #23 - 14.03.2007 at 13:01:25

Here I go again........

The name had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH CHARLES MANSON. I was going with the confusion definition. If you look at mansions by M&J you will see VERY symmetrical structures with very straight floors and lots of 90 degree angles. This was an exercise in non linear and random placement of platforms. As I was beginning to draw HS I happened to have the Beatles on. Normally I listen to a lot of classical, fusion rock and heavy metal. I wanted to get into a different mind set so I changed what I was listening to. Lo and behold just as I was starting to draw skeleton spiders on came Helter Skelter. Wow, karma talking to me, Helter SKULLTER!
So if anyone feels reluctant to play this mansion simple because of it's name then think of it as Hopping Skipping, or Hocus Scopus, or Hairy Scorpion, or Hot Skivvies, or Homey Sisters or yadayadayada. As someone recently remarked to me IT'S A GAME!
Enough already......
As I've stated before, we play mansions, we design mansions, if a question is asked and we have the answer we respond, if we don't we suggest alternates. If you get enjoyment out of our mansions by all means play them but if you choose not to play because of an unintended connotation that your minds eye has seen fit to tag our mansion with then don't play.
I apologize for the length of this post but this needs to stop now.

joeb

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #24 - 14.03.2007 at 22:29:11

Question:

Just out of curiosity, why is all this negativity on my posts? I would think that The Mansion Family is a lot closer to Charles than Helter Skullter. Maybe there's another variable in play here.

Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #25 - 15.03.2007 at 01:34:28

joeb wrote on 14.03.2007 at 22:29:11:
Question:

Just out of curiosity, why is all this negativity on my posts? I would think that The Mansion Family is a lot closer to Charles than Helter Skullter. Maybe there's another variable in play here.

Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

I'm rather confused about that as well.

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #26 - 15.03.2007 at 01:51:02

Too many cycles wasted. From now on I think it's going to be Hopping Skipping, the mansion formerly known as Helter Skullter.

Cool

jb

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #27 - 15.03.2007 at 01:56:56

I don't understand that either...Joe. I thought I had made it clear about a week or so ago....for both of us, in a way...when I said that naming a mansion "The Mansion Family" (and that applies even more for your Helter Skullter) is based first and foremost on the great word-play, and does in no way imply any justification of Manson's crimes.

And I thought we had  already left that discussion behind.

I'm really not a friend of these "over-politically-correct" people.... ''cause what it ends with is, you can't say this, you can't make that joke etc...... and in the end we have the OPPOSITE of FREEDOM.
Speech control or something.....

Jesus, one day somebody tries to make Paul McCartney responsible for the Tate/LaBianca murders......because he dared writing a song that eventually ended up becoming Manson's faveourite song. 

Cool it.....folks.... as someone said.... this is just a game. If you don't like a certain mansion's name - don't play it.
Watch TV instead.... (where 10 people are killed per minute.)

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #28 - 15.03.2007 at 01:58:52

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #29 - 15.03.2007 at 02:02:14

P.S.  Apart from that..... Joe, I think the fact that this discussion happened here and not in the MansionFamily thread is only by chance / coincidence. 
I really doubt there's more to it.

You know how easy people stray off topic on these boards.....

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print