Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Discotheque of Doom  -Release Notes- (Read 36444 times)
Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Re: Discotheque of Doom  -Release Notes-
Reply #20 - 24.03.2007 at 21:29:13

Psychotronic wrote on 24.03.2007 at 12:43:31:
Found a Jack-Stuck in 21306. I got up there without a yellow key, and there doesn't seem to be any way back down. Unless there's some flippin' false floor or something I'm not noticing.

Yep, I just found this one, too.
Undecided

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #21 - 24.03.2007 at 21:46:54

To those of you, who found a Jack-stuck in room 21306:

I can't follow you there ??!!  Do you really mean room 21306...the one with the brown passage and 1 yellow door ??
This room is accessed from the room below...and I don't understand why you shouldn't be able to get back down to room 21506 and return to previous rooms to go looking for the yellow key ??

I just checked it, and all platforms (in 21506) are still moving, if you return into that room...so I don't understand how you can get stuck there ???
How did you access room 21306 ?

As for the other JS that Semi-Native mentioned:
Semi-Native wrote on 24.03.2007 at 20:52:12:
You should know that if there's a way to get Jack stuck, some player will find it.  Wink Cool

Of course I know that.... but in this case it was simply an ovbersight...!!

About the music:
Sam
, I use guitar in many of my tracks (guitar was my first instrument), but I'm not sure right now, whether there's guitar in one of the DoD-music tracks. But there's definitely electric bass, Fender Rhodes, Percussion and a few other  "acoustic" (="hand-played") instruments in the mix.....

Thanks to everybody who complimented on the music !!  I was going for a "compromise"/mixture between suspense-type music and a dance-beat (because of the Discotheque theme) and I think I kind of achieved that.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #22 - 24.03.2007 at 21:53:18

Chippy wrote on 24.03.2007 at 20:56:38:
lol  the music... I have anyway the own. Christina Augilera and so...  Wink

Ahem.... what does that mean, Mikee ??

You don't destroy my mansion by putting some dreadful Christina Aguilera crap in it, aren't you ??!! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #23 - 24.03.2007 at 21:58:42

PS...Semi-Native:

I have already "repaired" the JS you found in 21712.....  (much to my dismay....dosn't look as good now  Cry) ... however, as soon as someone finds anything else I'll post an UD to the boards !!

>What do I learn from that:

Freddy was right, when he once (half-jokingly) remarked "You gotta leave some mistakes in, to give the people something to talk about !".     Wink Cheesy

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #24 - 24.03.2007 at 22:02:01

aquaMat wrote on 24.03.2007 at 21:46:54:
To those of you, who found a Jack-stuck in room 21306:

I can't follow you there ??!!  Do you really mean room 21306...the one with the brown passage and 1 yellow door ??
This room is accessed from the room below...and I don't understand why you shouldn't be able to get back down to room 21506 and return to previous rooms to go looking for the yellow key ??

I just checked it, and all platforms (in 21506) are still moving, if you return into that room...so I don't understand how you can get stuck there ???
How did you access room 21306 ?

As for the other JS that Semi-Native mentioned:
Semi-Native wrote on 24.03.2007 at 20:52:12:
You should know that if there's a way to get Jack stuck, some player will find it.  Wink Cool

Of course I know that.... but in this case it was simply an ovbersight...!!

I got to 21306 from below, but when you go back to 21506 and go across to the left on the moving tiles, you fall to your death when you try to get down lower.

And I know it was only an oversight in the other JS, it wasn't a criticism.  Cool

Edit: Just saw your post about the update. Thanks for the quick fix!  Smiley

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #25 - 24.03.2007 at 22:23:02

Semi-Native wrote on 24.03.2007 at 22:02:01:
I got to 21306 from below, but when you go back to 21506 and go across to the left on the moving tiles, you fall to your death when you try to get down lower.

Oooh... what ??!!  I didn't know that !!  Give me a couple of minutes.... I'll try myself and see if I find out what you mean exactly !!  

BTW:  I realised (in the meantime) the real problem lies somewhat deeper:  I wonder how y'all manage to get to that yellow door without having a single yellow  key??!!   'Cause "normally" you should arrive in front of that yellow door having 2 yellow keys (!!) which are given out much earlier in the game....and they're not really hidden eithet... so I wonder how you could miss them.

'Cause due to poles complete backtracking (to where those yellow keys are) isn't possible anyway..... so my feeling is you must have missed an entire section earliuer in the game !! (Is that possible ?)  So probably you haven't much choice anyway, than to go and restart from, say save pedestal 2 and see what you might have missed.  Sorry !!

EDIT:
I have just checked it.... Indeed..there's a problem in 21506 to get back down, in the left upper corner. Sorry about that, I didn't realise that (I probably never had to get back down there)....
but:
 as the stuff I said before applies anyway, it doesn't help much too change that. You still have to go searching for that early section you probably missed.  It might be an imperfection in the mansion that you can't get ALL the way back..... but it simply isn't possible.... I would have tpo change 20 or more rooms !!

I'm terribly sorry.....

IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Reply #26 - 24.03.2007 at 22:27:02

aquaMat wrote on 24.03.2007 at 21:53:18:
Chippy wrote on 24.03.2007 at 20:56:38:
lol  the music... I have anyway the own. Christina Augilera and so...  Wink

You don't destroy my mansion by putting some dreadful Christina Aguilera crap in it, aren't you ??!! Roll Eyes

If you think she's bad, listen to fall out boy!!! Grin You have a lot of instruments in that music, that's cool. I'm trying to form a band but I can't find a singer (and doubting I need one...)  Tongue

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #27 - 24.03.2007 at 23:43:23

Does not become impudent!  Wink Wink Wink

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #28 - 25.03.2007 at 00:54:25

aquaMat wrote on 24.03.2007 at 22:23:02:
BTW:  I realised (in the meantime) the real problem lies somewhat deeper:  I wonder how y'all manage to get to that yellow door without having a single yellow  key??!!   'Cause "normally" you should arrive in front of that yellow door having 2 yellow keys (!!) which are given out much earlier in the game....and they're not really hidden eithet... so I wonder how you could miss them.

'Cause due to poles complete backtracking (to where those yellow keys are) isn't possible anyway..... so my feeling is you must have missed an entire section earliuer in the game !! (Is that possible ?)  So probably you haven't much choice anyway, than to go and restart from, say save pedestal 2 and see what you might have missed.  Sorry !!

It seems like the path split on me at least once. I don't know the room number now, but at one point Jack can jump off a falling platform to get to a blue door on his left (there's a sign in that section saying that that's a secret section.) or go to the right and go through a green door. I did the blue door first, and then I don't think I was ever able to get back to the section behind the green door.

It's a problem if you expect Jack to pick up keys early in a mansion in order to unlock a door much later. It's easy to miss an obvious key, especially with a mansion as complicated as this one. I've found several shortcuts that may or may not have been intended - a chance jump onto a pole or vine that maybe was supposed to be out of reach - and although I might have been able to work my way back immediately, I usually prefer to explore forward first and try to figure out what my goals are before I go back and look for keys. That means if I reach a one-way pole that leads me out of an area, I feel like I've finished that area, and I can take that pole without fear that I've left anything but secret treasure behind.

I may be telling you something you already know, of course. My, I do go on.

Oh, and why are people talking about Aguilera and Fall Out Boy? Whyyyyyy?

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #29 - 25.03.2007 at 01:57:38

Because it sings much good?  Grin

crisscross24  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print