Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Custom Graphics Sets (Read 58039 times)
Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Down the hall on the 3rd right
Re: Custom Graphics Sets
Reply #30 - 09.04.2007 at 08:28:50

Well, what you could just give permission to get the graphics straight from the mansions... BTW: could I use some of the TOTOMBS graphics, I am building an underground area...

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #31 - 09.04.2007 at 08:51:34

I think you should try drawing it yourself. Maybe then you will make something that fits your personality!  Wink

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #32 - 09.04.2007 at 11:26:22

@sam skelton,

Help yourself! I'm going to put up empty mansions with all my graphics if you feel like waiting. In the meantime take a look at the graphics below. This is a partial set from Ghosthunter. When it's released in a couple of weeks help yourself to those too (I'd ask that you wait until I release it). But maybe they can give you some ideas. Nice thing about the wall and lava graphics is that they're tiled which means you can repeat the blocks and they don't look as blocky as some of the backgrounds can. You can get a VERY random look just by replacing a single block here and there. For real personality I create my background screens totally from scratch. I don't copy any game screens.

@ryos,
I really think that GH will be a breakthrough mansion for M&J. Unlike earlier M&J mansions there is not just one set path thru. There is a shortest path that only goes thru 1/3 of the rooms. Like older M&J mansions you'll find what you need along the way but there's so much more to explore. There will also be a LOT more secrets. I'll have to wait and see what sort of feedback I get before I start the massively modified Search for Jack.

Enjoy guys.....

Joe B

Joe B

ghgrfx.jpg (322 KB | )
ghgrfx.jpg

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #33 - 09.04.2007 at 11:47:33

Here are the some of the graphics in use. The left side is a mountain side room, the ride side is an underground room. NO they're not next to each other. Maybe this will give you some underground ideas. On the left there is a background screen partially uncovered to match the foreground objects. The right hand side is tiles and objects ONLY.
This help???

Joe B

GHexamples.jpg (230 KB | )
GHexamples.jpg

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #34 - 09.04.2007 at 19:45:19

So... where's the mansion?  Huh

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Reply #35 - 10.04.2007 at 05:26:23

Well, it sure gives me some ideas... I already have a third of the sprites done. I'll have to look at the tutorial to remove the white outline... Grin Wink Thanks Joe!

Wingy- can't wait for your mansion too!

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #36 - 10.04.2007 at 07:53:30

sam skelton,

Don't know if it's covered in as much detail as the posts I put up here recently (reply #8 & #20). If you're having a lot of problems send me the problem graphics and what you're looking for. If they're secret and you don't want to post them here just email me. I share MY graphics not somebody else's. At least then I can tell you want the issue is.

later,

Joe B

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #37 - 10.04.2007 at 19:50:44

Joe.... those different stone walls look SOO great.... much more realistic than anything before...and still going perfectly with the "comic-stripo look" of MM !!

I'd love to use some of those.... but only very few...otherwise I would feel bad... for not making my own stuff....and relying too much on other people's efforts !!  Lips Sealed Cool

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #38 - 10.04.2007 at 20:29:42

aquaMat,

BAH! It's there to be shared and used. Even if you don't use them as is you can always just "tweak" them. Change the color, soften the texture, scale them up/down. In TOTOMB some of the bricks were from images of real Incan structures. I just shrunk them, and worked with the color/contrast. Now I use a tool called Genetica Pro (Windows only  Cry Cry) because it can generate repeatable tiling that blends more smoothly.
The important thing is that it got you thinking, I know the feeling of I should have just done it myself but often time taking something that's close and working with it to get the look you want not only saves time but it does make it your own. But I won't ever just take an image from somewhere else and throw it in.

See you later and please feel free to use the stuff and ask away. I think we're going to have a great contest with all the ideas flying around.

Later guy,

Joe B

IP Logged

Amplifyed
Adventurer

Formally known as "Sam
S."

Reply #39 - 11.04.2007 at 05:33:14

actually Joe, my graphics are working great! I've just been too buisy exploring graphics and have been too lazy to get rid of the blue outline. For anyone who wants to see the graphics, you'll have to wait! Smiley Wink Grin

-Vintage Octopus-

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print