Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Did you make it all of the way through The Pirate Invasion?

« Last Modified by: Nick on: 21.09.2007 at 19:36:04 »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16
Send Topic Print
The Pirate Invasion is out! (Read 99127 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: The Pirate Invasion is out!
Reply #90 - 25.09.2007 at 04:02:52

But also, I might add, a beta-tester should be familiar with the usual building skills and tricks of MM, and although he must not necessarily be a designer himself, having a knowledge of designing levels certainly helps.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #91 - 25.09.2007 at 05:48:50

It is not oblidged, but it helps. But in an other way non-designers may see other things!

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #92 - 25.09.2007 at 16:44:11

brell:

I'm gettin' at it...I'm gettin' at it......  I'm close to finishing TPI with ALL rooms visited. You know what the missing piece in all my earlier try-outs was:  You said I hadn't found the "real" Psychotronic cabin, but I had (the mirror image one), I was just too slow to understand the "mirror image logic" behind it...so I wasn't aware that you really could get UP through it. That's why I thought the secret would lie in the fake (dark) Psychotronic cabin. Now I know better..... 
(And since I can return to that upper level, I can now visit even those rooms I might have left out etc.....)

Anyway....unfortunately I have to report another
JS
:
In room # 31498 I came from below left, pulled the lever (that toggles the grey doors) and then got killed on the ladder by the bird. Then I was reborn BEHIND (= left of) the lower grey door, which was now closed !!! All I could do was abort the game !

And also.... the one JS I reported earlier.... in room # 31695 (at the lava pool): although you tried to "repair" that by adding a ladder above the lava....unfortunately I still got stuck. Coming from the right I hopped onto the first couple of skull-platforms (which then duly disappeared), then landed on the grey disappearing platform in the lava....and still was stuck !!  The ladder didn't help, as there were no more skull-platforms to jump onto (after taking the ladder).

And I still haven't found out: is there anything hidden at that lava pool or not ??  At least you give the impression there is, by adding that sinking platform in the lava....so one is always tempted to go searching for a secret there....and ends stuck.  Cry  Sad

But .... I can only say it again....  what a giant achievment.... great fun to explore !!!   Smiley

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #93 - 25.09.2007 at 17:54:06

aquaMat wrote on 25.09.2007 at 16:44:11:
Anyway....unfortunately I have to report another
JS
:
In room # 31498 I came from below left, pulled the lever (that toggles the grey doors) and then got killed on the ladder by the bird. Then I was reborn BEHIND (= left of) the lower grey door, which was now closed !!! All I could do was abort the game !

Fixed in the last update

aquaMat wrote on 25.09.2007 at 16:44:11:
And also.... the one JS I reported earlier.... in room # 31695 (at the lava pool): although you tried to "repair" that by adding a ladder above the lava....unfortunately I still got stuck. Coming from the right I hopped onto the first couple of skull-platforms (which then duly disappeared), then landed on the grey disappearing platform in the lava....and still was stuck !!  The ladder didn't help, as there were no more skull-platforms to jump onto (after taking the ladder).

And I still haven't found out: is there anything hidden at that lava pool or not ??  At least you give the impression there is, by adding that sinking platform in the lava....so one is always tempted to go searching for a secret there....and ends stuck.  Cry  Sad

But .... I can only say it again....  what a giant achievment.... great fun to explore !!!   Smiley

There is nothing in the lava pool.  What I am trying to do is to ensure that the player doen't think and/or try to get the purple key via the falling skulls.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #94 - 25.09.2007 at 18:31:48

But I was using the latest update (1.2) ?!!!   Undecided   Shocked

Or is there already a newer one ??

BTW, you know what I was thinking this morning, when I walked at the very bottom of the ship.... if you had made it for the Exp.P. you could've had REAL water there....   Grin  Cheesy  (But we'd have to wait another half year....and wouldn't be talking about it now....!)

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #95 - 25.09.2007 at 19:28:17

A fantastic mansion  Cool Fun to explore!

For some reason I didn't find my own cabin  Shocked It must be in this huge black hole in the middle of the ship then  Wink

Only this one bit when you want to go back into the ship from near the end, I didn't have strength to go through the gold and silver coins maze, not least of all because there was no coin left to guide me!

I must say it was a very nifty idea to include other designer's rooms in the ship, too.

The down side is about keys: I was always going around with an extra purple and 2 multi-coloured keys... I know I should have used up the purple one but couldn't find the secret passage to that black hole. So I was always afraid of getting some key-related JS, which most of the time didn't happen but once.... I opened 3 multi-coloured doors with multi-coloured keys, one hidden blue door with the 4th key and the last multi-coloured door (the rightmost) with my purple key. Then I went to the left, to a bit where I would have needed a purple key (or other coloured keys, like yellow or green I believe) and couldn't get any!

Fortunately I had saved just before, so I could restart easily.

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #96 - 25.09.2007 at 21:19:42

aquaMat wrote on 25.09.2007 at 18:31:48:
But I was using the latest update (1.2) ?!!!   Undecided   Shocked

Or is there already a newer one ??

Yep, released yesterday evening.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #97 - 25.09.2007 at 21:22:33

Toybox wrote on 25.09.2007 at 19:28:17:
The down side is about keys: I was always going around with an extra purple and 2 multi-coloured keys... I know I should have used up the purple one but couldn't find the secret passage to that black hole. So I was always afraid of getting some key-related JS, which most of the time didn't happen but once.... I opened 3 multi-coloured doors with multi-coloured keys, one hidden blue door with the 4th key and the last multi-coloured door (the rightmost) with my purple key. Then I went to the left, to a bit where I would have needed a purple key (or other coloured keys, like yellow or green I believe) and couldn't get any!

Fortunately I had saved just before, so I could restart easily.

Do you remember where you got that purple key?  Where was that hidden blue door?

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #98 - 25.09.2007 at 22:25:30

The door was on the right of the screen, leading, I think, to the room just before the Engine (in which BBB's warned you not to enter if / unless Gold was turned on). I don't remember where I got the purple key though - in one of the cabins probably.

Also, I have to say that I ended up stuck because of disregarding the advice to use up all single-coloured keys, so it's my own fault really Wink (Which means that I don't see it as a design flaw.)

And I must point out that with all these doors and keys, and my tendency to open the first door I meet with my keys, it is very impressive that there are no more JS's.

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #99 - 25.09.2007 at 22:31:07

Hehe.  OK, I'll don't treat this as a problem - so far......  Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16